Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 11:19 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If you don't like the look of your body. Change it.
lose the belly fat and hit the gym with a specific exercise program.

I get fat easily on the belly also, while the rest is thin - therefore I work out a lot and stomach oriented.

You can't change your height or genetics, but you can reach A LOT of change with the right diet and exercise.

Don't rest on the excuse that your shape is god given and you can't influence it. Either love it or change it!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 03:22 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,454,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzH View Post
Incase you have no idea what I'm talking about, an apple shaped body is what you have if your body stores most of its fat above the waist. So basically a pudgy belly, skinny legs and a small butt! It's the shape i have and i hate it with a passion. The fact that a tiny waist with thick shapely legs and butt are worshipped as the perfect body for a woman makes me feel so ashamed! Apple shaped bodies have fat in all the wrong places. I don't know if I'll ever accept my pudgy middle and toothpick legs. I have tried changing it with exercises to shrink my middle and pump up my butt and legs.
Sometimes when I do find myself slightly accepting my body shape i will see a woman with a pear or hour glass shape and how much better those proportions are and be right back to hating myself. We don't get to choose how our bodies are going to naturally look but if we could i bet NO ONE would choose the apple shaped body! I would choose a beautiful and proportionate hour glass shape.
Do you think i can ever accept my body?

I feel for you. And, I am not going to disagree - a true apple shape, with a thick middle, overly large breasts, a tiny butt and scrawny arms and legs can make you look matronly. It is a difficult body type to dress. Some "Apples" have skinny thighs and butts with calves that bulge.

My advice? Get down to your correct weight, if you are not already. Meet with a personal trainer and try to sculpt your body to it's "personal best". Make sure that this person knows how to work with a person with an apple shape.

Then, if you are STILL unhappy with your body shape, I would look into cosmetic surgery. Some options are midriff, abdominal and "love handle" lipo. Breast reduction when needed. (not all apples have huge breasts - but many do. Breast Reduction Surgery is often covered by insurance).

Not only is the "Apple" shape unattractive, it is unhealthy.

Apples have a higher incidence of cardiac disease and diabetes. Look it up.

I know some posters will disagree with my advice, but you have a right to have a body that you are at least comfortable in. You may be able to sculpt a waist for yourself by working out. But if you can not, seek cosmetic surgery.

I wish you all the best!

Old 02-10-2016, 04:15 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,365,968 times
Hell's bells, yes. Looking through some famous "apple shapes" online, I see Jessica Simpson, Drew Barrymore, Adele, Elizabeth Hurley, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Judi Dench, Patricia Arquette, Amy Schumer... as you can see, apple shape can vary thru quite a range of dress sizes, and fashion styles.

I'm not sure about Reese Witherspoon, Christina Aguilera, or Kate Winslet, but many women drift into apple shape as they get older, and it seems to me that they're looking close to an apple shape these days. They dress pretty chic too. They certainly dress in styles that are flattering to apple shapes. Salma Hayek was very much closer to an hourglass shape when she was younger, but she's apparently considered apple shape now. A couple of French actresses, Isabelle Adjani and Catherine Deneuve, would be considered apple shape now that they're older, but they certainly don't look frumpy.

If you think "voluptuous", you're on the right track. It really is about attitude, I think, no matter what a person's shape is. There are also more clothing options available for apple shape women, because it's a fairly common body type. Imagine if you had a boyish figure, or a "rectangle" figure... it'd be a lot harder to find flattering clothes.

One great thing for apple shape women is that they look great with fun accessories. You might feel like you have to focus on "downplaying" most of your body, but that balances out, because you can play up your legs with fun patterned stockings, chunky heel shoes and booties... and draw attention just above your bust with necklaces, plus bracelets, dangly earrings, bright shoulder bags, etc. And it all comes off as always looking dainty and feminine on apple shaped women.

If someone with an hourglass figure wears attention-grabbing accessories, they look hopelessly overdone. An apple shape woman could wear just about any sort of accessories, and people'd say, hey, how funky.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:05 PM

442 posts, read 1,578,554 times
Someone on here recommended plastic surgery?? I mean..if you're that desperate, go for it. IMO that is for shallow people who are way to obsessive on their physical appearance and usually obsess on things that nobody else gives a flip about.

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. Some look at tooth pick leg, skinny white girls with no shape and think they are the hottest. Others look at volumptuous thick girls and to them there's nothing sexier. You can't try to please everyone with the 1 body you have.

I've scrolled through Instagram..which is often the worst place to be if you find yourself comparing your body to others...but even I've found myself thinking wow, I wish I looked like that..or I wish I could have that outfit look like that on me.
I'm short with some curves and I hate that I will never have long legs and 60% of the cute and sexy clothes I see "will never look like that on me" because 90% of females are 5'7 or taller (thats what it feels like to us shorties, atleast). But you know what...they don't even have a plastic surgery to fix that!!..so I'm just stuck. I have to accept my short height and wear clothes that accentuate what I do have.

So jus twear clothes that compliment your body shape..or exercise..do squat work outs to grow a butt, get a personal trainer to get rid of the mid section..but most importantly, learn to love yourself the way you are. You can have a lusty shape and still have an ugly soul...or you can have a dull shape and the most beautiful soul.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:07 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,360,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
Well a Flat arse to me is deal breaker no question. I could date a chick with A-cups but flat back is just not pleasant to look at. It looks sickly like Holocaust sickly
Same thing for guys!

Old 02-13-2016, 12:20 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,791 times
Is it coming from schoolbullying, or information that magazines are sharing right now? There is apple-shaming going on right now but don't let it depress you.

Why you would care indeed what shape you are? It has nothing to do what you can do in your life, you will work and pay taxes and die no matter what your shape is.

If you are thinking guys many of them are attracted to apple-shape, many of them cannot or care to label people by their body shape. Girl, there would not be apple shape if someone would not reproduce with them. Learn to see reality behind scenes and fashion trends.

Some people and media cannot reach therapy so they will never change, they keep continue bullying and shaming and their target changes with trends. There is nothing wrong in apple shape just be happy and free yourself from the trap of looks. It is a curse and tool of controlling, it is a way to keep contestants at home crying in deppression meanwhile snagging the best catch.

Don't buy this looks-hype, don't let it rule your life

Old 02-13-2016, 07:52 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,117,780 times
There is an old saying - "It's not what you got, it's what you DO with what you got!"

Old 02-13-2016, 09:34 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Ask someone with a perfect figure, who is dying of cancer, if she would like to trade places with you. If you are healthy, then be thankful. If you store fat in less desirable areas, lose weight.
We can't pick our parents, so we are doomed to have the traits we are given.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:53 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
If life gives you apples, make apple pie!
Nah, I like apples just the way they are.

OP, I consider Kate Upton an apple. She still gets shunned by those that prefer the hourglass or even pears, but she's making it.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:17 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,559,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
There is apple-shaming going on right now but...
Please tell me I did not just read this phrase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty