Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 11:07 PM

10,116 posts, read 19,430,803 times

Advertisements

I have deep creases/wrinkles between both eyebrows. They tend to make me appear to be frowning, or angry. Is there any way to remove them? I've been using Cliniques custom repair serum for about a month with no improvement. Is there some other cream that might work better? r perhaps Botox? I always thought Botox was a self-indulgence for the vain, but when the facial issue affects your interaction with others, it might be something to consider.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 02:40 AM

18,543 posts, read 18,797,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I have deep creases/wrinkles between both eyebrows. They tend to make me appear to be frowning, or angry. Is there any way to remove them? I've been using Cliniques custom repair serum for about a month with no improvement. Is there some other cream that might work better? r perhaps Botox? I always thought Botox was a self-indulgence for the vain, but when the facial issue affects your interaction with others, it might be something to consider.....
have an old friend who always had these marks even when in her twenties and I met her recently in her 60s and theyve vanished, Botox I would think as they were too deep to remove with creams... some wrinkles do repair when young but not older or these deep ones... Id invest in it if your feeling insecure.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:35 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,376,743 times
Botox is probably the best. If you go to Amazon and search for derma strips, you will also see some rated items that you might like. Depending on how you wear your hair, bangs might be a good option.

If you decide on Botox, none of the fillers are inexpensive and you might not even get the results that you want. Look for some Groupon or FB deals, and keep in mind that most are not done by a doctor. Med spas have people who are trained to give the injections. If you want a doctor to fix those lines, then either call around to see which doctors actually do the injections themselves or go on a cruise and have their doctor inject the solution.

The good thing about the lines between the eyes is that if you bruise easily, it should not show too much. I understand that there are Arnica pills that you can take several days before the injections that help with bruising.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:22 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,402,941 times
Botax or maybe some other injectable filler is the only thing that gets rid of deep creases and wrinkles.

I'd second looking for a groupon or FB deal for a reputable spa

Old 01-02-2016, 03:19 PM

Interesting replies---thanks!

The frown lines make people think I'm either angry, or sad, when such is not the case. It does affect my dealings with people. I've heard people say things like----she's really a nice person, once you get to know her. What are they keying on? A close friend told me, I always look angry. I even had a doctor ask me once----every time I see you you look so angry. What are you mad about? When I wasn't mad at all.

Its really just one deep, vertical crease along my left eyebrow, and a smaller crease along the right one. Perhaps its even genetic? About Botox---do you just need one treatment, or is it an ongoing thing?

Thanks for replies

Old 01-02-2016, 03:28 PM

18,483 posts, read 31,684,723 times
The frown lines are called "ones", "elevens".

Botox is your friend, always remember that.

Botox will take it all away. It will make you look well rested and not have a frown to your face.

Botox is injected, then 2 weeks later go for a re touch, then 2 weeks again another re touch.

Our determologist charges one price, NOT per the syringe (as men need way more).

I go to a determologist, not Marys' sister in law that lives down the street from Aunt Rose, you get what I mean with that.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:31 PM

342 posts, read 438,716 times
If your wrinkles are too deep - CO2 laser first and then maintain with Botox.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:22 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,068,249 times
Quit frowning, that will help.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Quit frowning, that will help.
You don't get it....

Old 01-02-2016, 10:57 PM

102,246 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Interesting replies---thanks!

The frown lines make people think I'm either angry, or sad, when such is not the case. It does affect my dealings with people. I've heard people say things like----she's really a nice person, once you get to know her. What are they keying on? A close friend told me, I always look angry. I even had a doctor ask me once----every time I see you you look so angry. What are you mad about? When I wasn't mad at all.

Its really just one deep, vertical crease along my left eyebrow, and a smaller crease along the right one. Perhaps its even genetic? About Botox---do you just need one treatment, or is it an ongoing thing?

Thanks for replies
I don't know what type of hairstyle you have, but you could grow bangs, and cover most of the problem that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty