Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 11:33 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,013,016 times

Advertisements

It might be more than your eyebrow creases. It was for me.

I've learned to get what I want by maintaining a slight pleasant smile at all times when out in public. When I can manage it, I project a buoyant positive demeanor. I've practiced it so much it's second nature now. Nobody seems to notice or care that it's fake.

I realized I've been giving people much more credit for discernment than they deserve. The façade is all they notice. If this sounds like what sociopaths do to succeed, I agree. The difference is that you and I each have a conscience. Right? :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 02:59 AM

10,116 posts, read 19,439,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
It might be more than your eyebrow creases. It was for me.

I've learned to get what I want by maintaining a slight pleasant smile at all times when out in public. When I can manage it, I project a buoyant positive demeanor. I've practiced it so much it's second nature now. Nobody seems to notice or care that it's fake.

I realized I've been giving people much more credit for discernment than they deserve. The façade is all they notice. If this sounds like what sociopaths do to succeed, I agree. The difference is that you and I each have a conscience. Right? :-)

I know what you mean....sometimes I am shocked to see my face in a passing mirror or window. I really do look angry! Sometimes I'm just lost in thought, and fail to "arrange" my face. Its true, façade matters! That's why we take care with our clothes, hair, makeup, jewelry, etc. In some societies, ladies especially are taught to assume a gracious facial expression, along with well-modulated voice and body language. My dd orthodontist was from India. Sometimes she would be somewhat lost in thought, concentrating, etc, but I noticed she always "re-arranged" her face before addressing a patient or parent. I just noticed this because her face was reflected in the equipment, mirrors, etc, in the office.

I had some Mexican friends who taught her daughters much the same. Always practice a pleasant expression. She would call it "maleducado" to present with a sour expression. Loosely translated, that means poorly brought-up, or lack of upbringing, or lack of breeding.

To excuse my "maleducado" I have severe rheumatoid arthritis and often am in pain. Usually its low-grade, thank God its controlled by various medicines, therapies, etc. However, something is always nagging at me. I've learned to rise above the pain that can't be controlled, and be grateful for what can. However, perhaps sometimes the low-grade pain is reflected in my face. Regardless, it has left definite vertical lines between my eyebrows. Practicing a better expression certainly couldn't hurt! Perhaps Botox, or some type of treatment , too. I just ordered a small tube of Strivectin, or only $15, to see if I can tolerate it or if its too irritating.

I dn't want people to mis-judge me from something I'm not even aware of much of the time! However, people do judge......oftentimes unfairly, but they judge

Old 01-03-2016, 03:16 AM

10,116 posts, read 19,439,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Botox is probably the best. If you go to Amazon and search for derma strips, you will also see some rated items that you might like. Depending on how you wear your hair, bangs might be a good option.

If you decide on Botox, none of the fillers are inexpensive and you might not even get the results that you want. Look for some Groupon or FB deals, and keep in mind that most are not done by a doctor. Med spas have people who are trained to give the injections. If you want a doctor to fix those lines, then either call around to see which doctors actually do the injections themselves or go on a cruise and have their doctor inject the solution.

The good thing about the lines between the eyes is that if you bruise easily, it should not show too much. I understand that there are Arnica pills that you can take several days before the injections that help with bruising.

We have a dermatologist here in town who also has an esthetician located next door. I would prefer to be under a doctor's supervision, which is what this would be. My health problems and meds do affect the skin, this isn't something to do at a nail salon in the backroom!

But first I will try various other treatments---perhaps the doc has some RX creams?

Old 01-03-2016, 06:27 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,814,679 times
[quote=sandgirl;42485279]Quit frowning, that will help.[/QUOTE dont be so silly.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:19 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,444,192 times
Botox....you have to keep doing it, that's all....mine lasted for a couple months as I recall...didn't bother to do it again.
I know you are not frowning, sis.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:16 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,409,342 times
Dermal fillers might work better. Ask a board certified plastic surgeon who routinely uses fillers and Botox.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:14 AM

17,565 posts, read 39,222,969 times
I feel you, OP. I have the exact same thing, have had it most of my life but it is very pronounced now that I am in my 60s. It can make me look really "severe" even evil at times. I would not do Botox - it is expensive and only temporary and there can be bad reactions. What I do is camouflage with bangs, even slight or wispy bangs help. Also I have discovered "frownies" and "furlesse". These are patches you wear overnight or a few hours in the day and they help to temporarily smooth out the lines. You might give these tips a try.

Oh, and I also do the same as the poster where I always wear at least a slight smile on my face. Not hard to do since I am always laughing and a pretty naturally joyous person anyway. Good luck!

Old 01-03-2016, 09:33 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,429,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
The frown lines are called "ones", "elevens".

Botox is your friend, always remember that.

Botox will take it all away. It will make you look well rested and not have a frown to your face.

Botox is injected, then 2 weeks later go for a re touch, then 2 weeks again another re touch.

Our determologist charges one price, NOT per the syringe (as men need way more).

I go to a determologist, not Marys' sister in law that lives down the street from Aunt Rose, you get what I mean with that.
Botox will do the trick...but you shouldn't need a retouch unless they did not use enough the first time. THEN you'll need a "redo" in 4 - 6 months.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:34 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,264,873 times
My #1 is back with a vengeance because I stare at the computer all day now at my current job. Those "Frownies" can be bought at Whole Foods. I remember they worked. My largest facial flaw is the deep wrinkles at my mouth corners; u can also get ahold of some quality eye cream and use it religiously before going the botox route. I don t want the toxins in my body.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:52 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,564,364 times
It sounds like you might also have a BRF or RBF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resting_*****_face

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/fa...ng-b-face.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v98CPXNiSk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty