Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 11:53 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboi View Post
A hipster from Williamsburg?
bensonhurst, bath beach, gowanus, carroll gardens, cobble hill, park slope....just to name a few.

williamsburg never entered my mind, lelone hipsters.

I was talking about regular boys, and young men......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 11:54 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
LOL, these aren't rules, they're simply opinions.

One objective of a forum like this, is to reconcile the fashion statement one thinks they're sending, with the statement that's often being received.

If you've already made up your mind on these sorts of things...then why bother logging in at all?

because Im here at work and have nothing but time to waste.

and I think most of the opinions here is ridicoulus

Old 11-09-2015, 12:18 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
I wear what I want, not what others may think.

I could care less if someone thinks I look stupid wearing skinny type jeans. Fits me better than 'gangsta' loose fit jeans that hang off my ass.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:01 PM

16,581 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Just stop showing your crack! it is disgusting!

Stop wearing them so tight that your junk is in a lump. Also disgusting... a turn off for sure.
I prefer to where jeans that have some breathing room myself, but a few pair of my jeans are too tight for my liking even though they fit me.
I try to tuck myself so to speak, but sometimes the "printing" cannot be helped. So my attitude is that if a woman doesn't want to see something, she shouldn't be looking in that region. Granted I am not trying to be vulgar, but what are men suppose to do

Old 11-09-2015, 01:06 PM

4,512 posts, read 4,043,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
None of that fake faded junk.
It's actually really hard to find regular jeans that aren't "designer" and / or skinny. Wrangler and Levi are ****, Lee is the only brand I know of.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:07 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I prefer to where jeans that have some breathing room myself, but a few pair of my jeans are too tight for my liking even though they fit me.
I try to tuck myself so to speak, but sometimes the "printing" cannot be helped. So my attitude is that if a woman doesn't want to see something, she shouldn't be looking in that region. Granted I am not trying to be vulgar, but what are men suppose to do
Don't sweat it.

These same ladies with opinions on what guys should or shouldn't wear, are the same ones taking offense when guys judge THEM on their fashions.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:38 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
Anything that fits properly and reflects his personal style is a "Do" in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Just stop showing your crack! it is disgusting!

Stop wearing them so tight that your junk is in a lump. Also disgusting... a turn off for sure.
Really? I find it mesmerizing. The Mr. has this one pair in particular that I just can't look away when he wears them.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:24 PM

6,586 posts, read 4,970,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaching View Post
Athletic wear

To the gym, walking, jogging, yard work, etc

With jeans to go out or something not physical, there are a lot of nice comfortable shoes that can be worn instead. Even Sketchers has nice casual mens shoes that look good with jeans.
Feel that way about women and jeans/sneakers too?

One of my jobs requires jeans year round. We ALL wear sneakers as we're on our feet all day. Sometimes hiking boots in the winter, depends on the weather. I have another job where we work outdoors and in spring/fall we may wear jeans - with sneakers.

Most of us are runners, so we have an abundance of sneakers in our wardrobe. And wear them when we're <gasp> not running.

How do you feel about moccasins? Keens? Tevas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboi View Post
Really? 90% of us aren't lucky enough to find jeans that fit perfectly, inseam wise.
Thank you! One length is too short, which is a no-no. Next length is a hair long. Not gonna pay to have them altered, at least while sitting they don't ride up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Really? I find it mesmerizing.
hehe! I find some mesmerizing to look at as well. Especially if the entire package is pleasing to the eye (no pun intended)

Last edited by WouldLoveTo; 11-09-2015 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-09-2015, 05:41 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
I always wear athletic shoes/sneakers with jeans too......you can't beat the comfort especially when doing a lot of walking, and that would include shopping.

IMO, athletic shoes are casual, just as jeans are casual, so they go together just fine, for men and women.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:54 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,366,498 times
I can't say that this is something that I've thought about very much. When men wear jeans though, they should make an effort to avoid the male equivalent of "mom jeans" ("dad jeans"?)...by that I mean the sloppy, scruffy, light wash colour kind, that they've been wearing for at least 10 years. Try to keep it neat and clean. A dark rinse almost always looks better and more trendy these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty