Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 08:20 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,744 times

Advertisements

My everyday use purse always gets dirty from being thrown all over the car to hanging in back of chair that ends up on the floor by end of the meal to just being all over the place.

Currently my everyday purse can be washed & i wash it once a year to sometimes every 6 month. I am so glad i can wash it but it does loook dirty. I had another purse i used for while & it started to get dirty aroudn 6 month time. i tried washing it but the fabric doesn't wash well so most likely i will change that.

How do women keep their purse from getting dirty, especiallyy those with fancy purse how do you manage that. i notice in meetings most women, even those with expensive purse, still keep their purse in floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 09:04 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
My car is kept clean, so my purse does not get dirty there.
If you have your purse hanging on a chair, how does it end up on the floor? And even if it does end up on the floor... the floor is clean (maybe a few crumbs at a restaurant) and just the bottom of the purse touches the floor.

Most of my bags are leather (easy to keep clean) or Harvey's seatbelt bags (even easier to keep clean). A quick wipe every so often is all it takes!

Old 10-17-2015, 11:16 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,217,238 times
I never put my purse on the floor or in any dirty places. I keep a purse holder in my bag to use when I dine out or go places, like this one: Spring Street Starburst Handbag Hanger - Handbags & Accessories | Stein Mart

This is a purse forum for purse care, cleaning and restoration that I learned a lot on: PurseForum - The Handbag Chat and Shopping Resource

Old 10-18-2015, 08:33 AM

37,614 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
My car is kept clean, so my purse does not get dirty there.
If you have your purse hanging on a chair, how does it end up on the floor? And even if it does end up on the floor... the floor is clean (maybe a few crumbs at a restaurant) and just the bottom of the purse touches the floor.

Most of my bags are leather (easy to keep clean) or Harvey's seatbelt bags (even easier to keep clean). A quick wipe every so often is all it takes!
Wow those look pretty neat. I wish they had some styles with more pockets though. Bags with just one big compartment don't work well for me. I do like the way they look. The satchel might be one that I would try. Have to think about it.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:06 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
ChessieMom, none of mine have one big compartment.

The minimessenger I used today (amd the medium tote I used yesterday) has 2 pen holders, a large slot for cell phone and a smaller one I use for my reading glasses. It also has a D-ring for keys.
Another I have adds a zippered compartment to the above mentioned.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:27 AM

37,614 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
ChessieMom, none of mine have one big compartment.

The minimessenger I used today (amd the medium tote I used yesterday) has 2 pen holders, a large slot for cell phone and a smaller one I use for my reading glasses. It also has a D-ring for keys.
Another I have adds a zippered compartment to the above mentioned.
Well I looked on the web site, and all of the current offerings do just have the one compartment. Yes there are some small "slip" pockets on the inside, but I was referring to actual compartments. This is what I am carrying now:
https://www.fossil.com/us/en/women/h...b5875235c.html

It has full length exterior pockets/compartments on both sides, and one even zips up, and the flap even has it's own zipper compartment. I love this bag so much I have two of them.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:45 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,800 times
That's why I love these bags. Completely washable and antimicrobial and antibacterial and stylish as all get out. I've got quite the collection since I live near the store and its a constant temptation. HOLLY AIKEN | Vinyl hand bags, diaper bags and accessories made in the USA to withstand the daily grind..

Old 10-18-2015, 12:13 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
I buy very expensive bags. They never go on the floor.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:54 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times
If its a leather purse, you can buy leather cleaner. Not leather polish, but leather cleaner--it's a cream. You put a dab on a soft cloth and rub it in circles around the leather. Works very well. I've seen it remove ink from a ballpoint pen.

Fabric bags can go into the washer, or to the dry cleaner if they're decorated with beads, etc.

Old 10-18-2015, 03:06 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I buy very expensive bags. They never go on the floor.
Ditto, I never put them on the floor. Either in my lap or over the seat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty