Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 07:40 AM

57 posts, read 40,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I think it's easy to be happy with implants right after you get them, or at least after you've healed from the surgery. But they don't last forever and some women have to have them removed eventually because of complications, and then they're left with scars or sagging that they wouldn't have had otherwise. So you have to ask yourself if you're ready to have a lifetime of maintenance for your implants.

Also, if you haven't had children yet and you plan to, your breasts may change a lot then and you may be happier with your natural size than you are now.

Big boobs don't equal automatic happiness either. I have a big chest and it's not the greatest thing...my back hurts most of the time, I have to buy huge ugly bras, my shirts fit funny, there are exercises I can't do, plus gravity is just not kind to big boobs.

I don't want children at all, so that is not a factor for me. Also, I don't mind having the surgery every 12 years or so, to ensure that the implants remain nicely placed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 07:42 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,652,512 times
Do you mind me asking how old are you?

Old 10-05-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Do you mind me asking how old are you?
I'm not a teen, I just turned 23, however I'm fully independent.

I do feel that I haven't entered my "glow up" stage yet, but that's largely my own fault. I have a great body (minus the small boobs), but admittingly, I sometimes lack confidence and that plays a huge part in being beautiful. I know that breast augmentation would add that wow factor and I would become less shy and more outgoing.

At the moment, I do enjoy my work, but it's not my passion, it's just something that I majored in, because my family thought it was best. I am happy with my work, but I know that I want to do more creative things, like possibly start my own fashion blog. I'm tired of being the "plain jane," who lacks confidence. I am looking forward to my glow up.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:46 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,652,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_A View Post
I'm not a teen, I am 23 and fully independent.
23 your entering the best years of your life

Again if the mentioned procedure will make you even happier go for it

Old 10-05-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
23 your entering the best years of your life

Again if the mentioned procedure will make you even happier go for it
I plan to. I even have a good surgeon in mind.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:19 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,515,575 times
Quote:
She is not a model, she's a youtube vlogger, who has a great life and is very happy with her breast augmentation.
How do you know she has a great life? You cannot tell ANYthing about someone's life from their online postings because it's THEIR version of what they want you to think about them.

You admit that you are your harshest critic. So how does that qualify you to decide that a boob job is the solution to your unhappiness?

Boobs =/= "great life."

What would you do after this perfect surgeon you have chosen gives you bigger boobs and you STILL feel the same as you do right now? Which feature will your "harsh critic" seize upon next to "improve"?

Old 10-05-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
How do you know she has a great life? You cannot tell ANYthing about someone's life from their online postings because it's THEIR version of what they want you to think about them.

You admit that you are your harshest critic. So how does that qualify you to decide that a boob job is the solution to your unhappiness?

Boobs =/= "great life."

What would you do after this perfect surgeon you have chosen gives you bigger boobs and you STILL feel the same as you do right now? Which feature will your "harsh critic" seize upon next to "improve"?
She appears to have a great life, though I'm sure it is not perfect. I do however get the feeling that she is very happy. Happiness comes from living the life that you desire and doing well in all of your endeavors.

I don't think the breast augmentation will create the happiness, I think I'll be happier because I did something special for myself and was pro-active in fixing a major flaw. This would indeed make me more confident.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:47 AM

All of these women seem very happy with their breast augmentation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HtwaZOELn0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKduqhl2Tvs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKIOat7mlNg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B260_UsdcE

Old 10-05-2015, 11:17 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,727,273 times
Quote:
She is not a model, she's a youtube vlogger, who has a great life and is very happy with her breast augmentation.
Well, she's a pretty girl, no doubt, regardless of her cup size. But you say, "she has a great life and is very happy . . . " etc., etc. I'd submit to you that you only know what she has chosen to TELL you about herself and her life on a blog. That blog is just a very small slice of her life -- you don't know how her S.O. treats her, how many true friends she actually has that she can trust to have her back no matter what, you don't know what kind of issues she had growing up that are coloring her perception of herself now . . . my point is that you ONLY know what she has chosen to present to the public. So, to extrapolate and say, "She has a great life!" probably goes along with what she would like everyone to think.

Boobs are boobs. (shrug) Some are bigger, some are smaller. Mind are on the bigger side, and every day I wish they were a bit smaller -- swimsuits don't fit, button-down shirts don't fit, bras are more expensive and a PITA to buy and fit, blah, blah, blah. It's just enough that it's annoying, but not enough to warrant several thousands of dollars for plastic surgery. And frankly, you get tired of meeting people (men, especially) who first check out your chest, even in professional settings, or who automatically think that the higher the cup size, the lower the IQ. I just can't imagine any body part that would make my life "happy" if it was changed -- because, basically, body parts do not contribute to your sense of happiness and contentment. People can get too wrapped up in what they THINK would make their life perfect, but the happiness button in your life is not located just to the right of your nipple.

But it's your life and your body. If that's what you want, go for it. Just don't expect a boob job to make you beautiful, witty, caring, loving or smarter. It's just a piece of silicone, for heaven's sake -- that's a lot to expect from an expensive piece of silicone.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:19 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,727,273 times
Quote:
I don't want children at all, so that is not a factor for me. Also, I don't mind having the surgery every 12 years or so, to ensure that the implants remain nicely placed.
You say that now . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty