Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 04:56 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,042,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
I post here for good fun and to speak with other fashion lovers. If people hate fashion...why bother posting about it?
This was going to be a reply in the How Many New Purses thread, but I thought it warranted a thread of its own.
That thread is dividing into some sort of passive-aggressive catty cultural clash.
I am not very fashionable, I would not know a Fendi if I tripped over it.
But I unabashedly enjoy observing fashion--I especially like seeing what the young women are up to.
Fashion is good fun.
Others might call it superficial and consumerist.
However, I don't understand how it makes the world a better place for someone would enter a Fashion forum simply to make that declaration.
I grew up at a time when Title IX was passed and women were burning their bras, and came of age before The glass ceiling was becoming apparent.
I understand that women are strong and independent and should be appreciated for their inner resources.
But this is a Fashion forum, not Politics & Controversy--can't we lighten up a bit? Even Gloria Steinem kept up with fashion--she was one of the radical chic.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and beauty strategies are, too.
I think Alice T's purse sounds really cool, and I can identify with Evey. But I appreciate Sunshine's purse appreciation, too.
I would never judge an indie girl with a hobo bag, and I've learned that women with Coach purses are human beings, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 06:07 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,247,938 times
Touche, cil. I will avoid posting in this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty