Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 06:47 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,752 times

Advertisements

1. old women wearing skimpy sundresses/miniskirts or other age inappropriate clothes
2. women who paint on their eyebrows
3. socks with sandals
4. flip flops with the toe divider
5. spandex
6. mullets
7. wearing pantyhose with shorts
8. overalls on any adult
9. jumpsuits on adults
10. comb overs

Last edited by KylieEve; 07-02-2010 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 06:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Add those stupid romper things to the above list. Why anyone over 12 would wear those is beyond me.
Gotta ask, could you clarify #4?

Old 07-03-2010, 05:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Thongs or G-strings hanging out of women's pants.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:39 AM

848 posts, read 1,952,298 times
Women who put fake moles on their face and don't notice the spot has smeared.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:38 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,959 times
Attention! NONE of the following fashions are sexy! And if someone told you they looked sexy on you, they are lying.

Those ugly tops that makes a woman's bosom look like two cupcakes on a shelf, and the rest of her about seven months pregnant. Empire waistlines or "goddess tops" I believe they're called.

Overweight out of shape young women trying to rock those low-rider pants and jeans. Looks like 10 pounds of something in a 5 pound paper bag. Ew.

Women in their 40's and up, sporting leathery tans, bleached/fake/trendy hair, gaudy ethnic jewelry and surfer chick gear. It's like the 1960's beat them with an ugly stick. And they've dieted themselves down 10 to 15 pounds below a healthy weight because they think it makes them look young to be thin. Sad to report the exact opposite is true..

Women who are 50 and 60 pounds overweight wearing spandex workout pants and a dirty tank top with no bra. And I don't mean new. I mean the kind that have seen better days. Their ashy, crusty feet usually shod in 99 cent flip flops. It's enough to make a man think about playing for the other team. I actually saw a woman out in PUBLIC with this getup on. I felt like telling her, "Lady, if you have any hope of ever attracting a normal man, please go home and burn that outfit!"

Old 07-04-2010, 01:59 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Women in their 40's and up, sporting leathery tans, bleached/fake/trendy hair,
That is definitely one of my fashion pet peeves. Nothing uglier than a 40+ year old woman with a dried up leathery tan and frizzy fried up straw like blonde hair sticking out from underneath a cowboy hat.

Some others that I really hate:

Young dudes wearing derby/fedora type hats trying to be hip/cool (think Timberlake, and about two dudes from any year of American Idol).

ANYONE wearing sunglasses indoors. This just screams of insecurity and/or "LOOK AT ME!!! IM COOL!!! IM WEARING SUNGLASSES INSIDE IN THE MALL!!". Im like "No, you actually look stupid wearing sunglasses indoors and everyone KNOWS they are NOT Rx glasses".

Women who show giant "old lady" panty lines. This is why thongs and bikinis were invented. Not much worse than seeing a woman who's panty lines looks like she's wearing my grandmothers underwear.

Anyone who wears their favorite teams sports jerseys when not attending a sports game.

Professional athletes who spend $10,000 - $20,000 on tailor made suits but have the suits made up in ridiculous colors like purple, orange, yellow, etc. How is it possible they can be both the best dressed AND the worst dressed people on the planet.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:22 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,835 times
My fashion pet peeves:

1. Thongs/underwear hanging out of women's pants/skirts.

2. Pants way down below the waistline (like some of these young guys wear).

3. Too much cleavage (c'mon, have a little self-respect for others. Not everyone wants to see your boobs).

4. Overbleached hair (it's nice to have blonde hair, but stay away from the bleach for a while).

5. 1980's type perms (I know of 2 women that still have them, where I live. UGGGHHH! They need a haircut bad, won't ever do it!).

6. Women (and men) that don't get a regular hair trim/haircut, once every few months.

7. Sneakers with Capris (that bugs me a lot. I think Capris look better with sandals or 1-inch heel shoes. Or high heels).

8. Too much black (it's only good if you are going to a funeral or Halloween party. But black all over, on other days, is a no to me).

9. Wearing sunglasses indoors (ummm. You're inside now, you can take them off. There's no sun in here. LOL! Unless you are Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and Ronnie Milsap, then I can understand).

10. Knee high boots with jeans or pants (I think they look better with certain type of skirts and dresses; long sleeve dresses in fact).

11. Jeans or pants with lots of rips and tears in them (I think the 80's wants their jeans back! LOL!).

12. Women who don't wear a bra when wearing certain type of blouses and shirts (that just says "hey, I'm lazy and don't care who sees my boobs").

13. Shoes that don't match with the outfit (or at least come close to it. At least, kind of coordinate it with your clothes).

Old 07-04-2010, 11:06 AM

609 posts, read 1,259,737 times
guys wearing girls pants. skinny jeans in general, i detest. they're awful. im a plus size girl and i shop at torrid and they made zebra print skinny jeans...for big girls. i was like...if i wore those, and i bent over, someone might think there was a real live zebra there! unacceptable. boys with baggy baggy jeans that they belt around the back of their knees. i know i dont wanna see their asses...and im sure no one else does either. not cute. and one thing that just gets on my nerves like nothing else is when people tuck their pant legs behind the tongue of their shoes. i just wanna get down and fix it lol. it drives me crazy when i see it.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:07 AM

609 posts, read 1,259,737 times
oh...and uggs. i hate uggs.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:13 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklez_304 View Post
oh...and uggs. i hate uggs.

We used to wear uggs when we did chores in the morning when it was cold. My pairs of Uggs were covered in goat, horse, pig and cow poop and that was the way it was supposed to be.

Now, girls wear them as a fashion statement and it cracks me up. They're wearing my mucking boots for fashion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty