Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 11:52 AM

14,302 posts, read 11,688,680 times

Advertisements

When I read this thread yesterday, I thought, "Hmm, I've never noticed this 'trend'." Today on Facebook four people I know posted foot-and-scenery pics. (Two of those were men.) Are they all on C-D? Is it contagious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 06:31 PM

17,558 posts, read 13,339,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
????????????????????????????????
OMG, I posted in Fashion and Beauty, what the Hell do I know about Fashion and Beauty?

Old 08-02-2015, 06:17 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,766,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderingaboutstuff View Post
You care about this, WHY?
Apparently these women are not showing enough of their bodies to the OP.

Creepy.

(And yes, this is the same guy who gets mad at objects not being where he thinks they should be. And the same guy who made his toddler walk on hot pavement in the summer when he took his shoes off. And the same guy who gets mad at rainy and cloudy days because he thinks the sun should be out.)

Old 08-02-2015, 06:56 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,228 times
You have wayyyyyy too much time on your hands and if this is the only thing bothering you enough to post about it, you are very fortunate, because that is really not a problem at all.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:47 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,538,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSun View Post
This reminds me

Lol! I thought the middle pic was some lady with skinny legs!

Old 08-02-2015, 10:31 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Of course you can ask why. And I tend to agree with you on this one 100%.

I know a woman who does this everywhere she goes. Photos include her bare feet at the beach, boots somewhere else, etc. This is a signature photo-taking procedure for her. But I don't think she realizes that it's important ONLY TO HER! I know that I don't give a rat's a-- about looking at her feet, and I doubt anyone else does, and those don't go into my photo albums.

Besides... some people have really ugly feet.

So that's my opinion - just what the OP asked for, and I'm sticking to it.
Good for you, and so am I.

I've been on a trip the past few days myself, the reason why I've not posted back until today, and yes it is not always possible to get the best shot possible with all the hurrying about and such that goes with a trip. Yet, that being said, I've made a point to get GOOD photos of this trip, GOOD ones, and yes some of them were silly ones, but many of them have been good ones with some effort made towards getting them.

And yes--I've shown photos of the scenery itself without my darned feet in them, because, frankly, something pretty like the Grand Canyon should be shown as it is, not with someone's feet blocking or obstructing things. I also have photos of me swimming, and you see ME, warts and all, because to me that's just normal.

With respect to the "feet only" photos, to the ones who say "if you don't like it don't look" or "it's their photos"--well, in them putting them in a feed, they're WANTING people to look at them. It is the most natural thing in the world for a person to have an opinion about what is being shown to them.

To me, this whole thing of showing the feet and only the feet reminds me years ago of that "Howdy-Ho Neighbor" guy from "Home Improvement" (Mr Wilson, or Earl Hindman) where you never saw his face. I always thought that was so stupid. Show your stupid face already, stop being ridiculous. It was just annoying and silly to me (and this was a man, so "dirty man fantasies" had nothing to do with it). Heck if I'd been made king for a day back then I'd made his face be shown. It was just so stupid to me. This whole thing of you only seeing a woman's feet in a beach photo, to me, is the same sort of thing. I agree, it's not something to get nasty or hateful in your attitude towards someone you know who does this, but yes it just seems silly to me.

Last edited by shyguylh; 08-02-2015 at 11:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty