Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 02:41 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,198,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Again, to each his/her own, but I like to do BOTH (share experience AND remember what I looked like).

As for photography being an art--sure, when it's done right and not done with such silly things as those jazzed-up cartoonish colors or with that "Dutch Angle" of holding the camera diagonally--er, crooked.

As for the lady's legs and the hot dogs--they looked the same to me and in the leg photos it looks like the palm tree is growing out of her legs. Also, the landscape shot would've looked MUCH better if she had taken the photo on the beach itself and left her legs completely out of it altogether.
Perhaps, one day, you will understand art.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 05:32 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,623,678 times
Quote:
I posted this also in "photography," but no one is noticing. Maybe this is more of a fashion thing? (Mods: feel free to delete the one in photography.)

Why I am all the time seeing these posts of women saying "enjoying the pool" etc and invariably the photos show their feet and nothing else? They seem to NEVER show photos of them period, ALL of them, it almost never happens, it's almost always just their feet.

The heck with that, I want to see you PERIOD, as in ALL of you as if I were there. Incidentally, to state the obvious, yes I am a guy and yes I like attractive women in bathing suits. However I have noticed family members or past friends who are way younger or older than me (typically older) and lust or such has nothing to do with it. It's just a matter of that, if they're going to post a photo of THEMSELVES at a pool or beach, it only makes sense you want to see them, as in THEM, not just a small portion of them. After all, if I am doing such a thing, you're going to see most all of me in those photos, not just my fingers or ears etc.

Yet, at the same time, they have no reservations showing their children or grandchildren head-to-toe. It's almost as if there is some moratorium or the like on showing YOU PERIOD if it's a beach or pool photo etc. It makes no sense to me.

Thoughts?

And, as I said in the other post--yes, I realize a person can wear whatever they please, for whatever reason they please, they can photograph just their tonsils for whatever reason they please. They can wear mismatching colors of shoes for whatever reason they please. It doesn't mean you can't question "why" as it were. To me it's no different than someone asking why girls do tattoos a lot nowadays, or why guys shave less, or what's the deal with this hairstyle vs that one, or how you don't like short shorts with guys but how some of us like myself like them (and I'm happy to tell you why--I swim a lot and the shorter shorts mean there's less fabric sticking to my legs inhibiting my movements, and my longer leg exposure downplays the size of my stomach and makes it seem less largish.)
Because the lens is not wide enough to get the rest...
The question is this: why are you looking at women's beach/pool photos????

Joking aside...I offered to take a photo of a family in Disney so they all fit in it, because they were attempting a "selfie" and they declined! I am a mom, and had my kids with me + my big/huge DSLR! So the chances of me stealing their phone were -0000000000000%...I have no idea what is wrong with people these days when it comes to photos, but I did notice that so much garbage is perpetuated that honestly, showing just the feet is not so bad! There is no quality, no composition, no lighting, nothing, and in 20 years these people won't have anything to look back at. NOTHING. Phone lost, computer crashed, and they'll have NOTHING to show the grandkids...It is really sad that people stopped placing value on their memories....

Old 07-30-2015, 06:52 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,289,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Joking aside...I offered to take a photo of a family in Disney so they all fit in it, because they were attempting a "selfie" and they declined! I am a mom, and had my kids with me + my big/huge DSLR! So the chances of me stealing their phone were -0000000000000%...I have no idea what is wrong with people these days when it comes to photos, but I did notice that so much garbage is perpetuated that honestly, showing just the feet is not so bad! There is no quality, no composition, no lighting, nothing, and in 20 years these people won't have anything to look back at. NOTHING. Phone lost, computer crashed, and they'll have NOTHING to show the grandkids...It is really sad that people stopped placing value on their memories....
They weren't concerned about you stealing their phone. People enjoy taking selfies. It's not always about composition and lighting. It's about the fun of the moment, and people have fun taking selfies.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:20 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,830,978 times
I have seen it and have no idea why women do it...but I do know this...some of these feet should be stuck in an orthopedic shoe somewhere.... I don't like seeing hammertoes and bunions and nail fungus...

Old 07-30-2015, 07:26 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,830,978 times
[(QUOTE=SoCalSun;40619877]This reminds me

HILARIOUS!!!!!

[/quote]

Old 07-30-2015, 07:26 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,786,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
I have seen it and have no idea why women do it...but I do know this...some of these feet should be stuck in an orthopedic shoe somewhere.... I don't like seeing hammertoes and bunions and nail fungus...
Then you can feel free to click through.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:16 AM

22,611 posts, read 19,322,876 times
Quote:
Women at the pool or beach, showing themselves enjoying their time at the pool or beach, but they only post photos of their feet, they rarely show all of themselves, only their feet.

I see it all the time.
because if i am reclining enjoying the pool or beach and i take a picture, from my vantage from my perspective from my lying down looking out at the lovely view, my feet are in the photo. it's not a self portrait. it's giving you the picture of what i see and showing you it's loveliness, my view.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:21 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,931,974 times
OP, why do you have two simultaneous threads on this topic?? Hoping for different responses? Is it really that important to you, or that important in the great scheme of things?

Moderator, please combine these threads - thanks.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:22 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,931,974 times
OP, why did you start another simultaneous thread on this topic in the "Photography" forum?? Looking for different responses?

Mods, please combine these threads in one place or another - thanks.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:22 AM

22,611 posts, read 19,322,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
My friends post photos of their feet at pools or beachside all the time. It is simpler than all the hassle that comes with photographing oneself in a bathing suit and worrying about lighting, pose, what is accidentally showing that shouldn't, etc.
also....what is most important....not having to stand up or get up which would break the luxuriousness of enjoying the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty