Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 02:56 AM

18,570 posts, read 18,855,294 times

Advertisements

Saw some Scandinavian women in Greece while on holiday with genuine natural blondish white hair... just beautiful..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 05:42 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,410,549 times
I am a natural blonde, even as a 30+ year old woman! Its a light caramel blonde color naturally -- though I dye it. Right now, I've let my color fade out and it looks very nice. My natural blonde, some brownish red (my dyed color) peeking through. It looks like highlights, but it is my natural color coming in. All is blended so nicely and I love it at the moment!

Without dye, I am a light caramel blonde... pretty color but it gets boring after awhile which is why I have it colored periodically.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:00 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,190,262 times
My wife is one. She's annoyed with all the bottle blondes running around America these days, she dislikes being thought of as one of those! And don't even get her started on what she thinks of enhanced breasts.

As the old Braniff ads used to say, "When you got it--flaunt it!"

Old 05-29-2015, 06:20 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,520,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
...I've been a natural blonde my entire life - six decades.

My hair was platinum-white when I was in elementary school and it turned golden blonde when I was a teen. It has remained blonde, although there's some grey mixed in now.
Sounds like my story! I'm 67, of Norwegian and English descent, and still definitely blond, as are our two grown daughters (and most of our grandchildren, who are still very young).

Old 05-29-2015, 06:31 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,795,944 times
My sister, my sister-in-law, my daughter, and my uncle all have naturally blond hair. We're of mostly Swedish stock.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:37 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,850,828 times
I thought I'd pop in with an observation of an interesting phenomenon I've noticed about natural adult blondes--I work with a couple of them and while I'm not 100% positive they're not bottle blondes, I'm pretty sure. What I have noticed about all two of these people is that they have to have the climate in the room about 20 degrees cooler than everyone else and they freeze us all out. One of them is my boss and we went to a seminar last Halloween and shared a hotel room. I vowed to bring my very warmest PJ's if we ever do that again b/c she had the A/C going the entire time--in late October, in Missouri! We have meetings in her office and everyone knows to bring their warmest sweater and while we're freezing, she is sweating. LOL, she's not even menopausal yet so I hate to think what her life will be like when she is.

So, those of you on here who say you are natural adult blonde, do you suffer from this as well? I'm guessing it's the Scandinavian genes.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:50 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,362,241 times
I guarantee you that if everyone could see everyone else butt naked, the supposed "natural blonde" population/touters would diminish by at least half. LOL!

Yeah, a lot of us humans start off as toe heads or blondes, but by puberty, we usually become something else. The really sad thing about most women facing "the turn" is that it starts their deceitful "dye on the hair"-- phase.

Yeah, hate to break it to them, but once it changes, you're no longer a "natural blonde," PERIOD. You are whatever your top and lower half has become naturally.

Own whatever you end up with/ get. Don't lie or dye. In the long run, that's a bigger turn off!

Old 05-29-2015, 07:53 AM

17,735 posts, read 14,840,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The actress Carly Schroeder is one of few natural blondes I have ever seen in Hollywood. There's a woman at my job that has natural blonde hair too. It's definitely rare. You'll have much better luck in Sweden finding a mate like that.
That's because Carly isn't from Hollywood - she's from my town and there are LOTS of true blonds that live here.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:02 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,520,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
What I have noticed about all two of these people is that they have to have the climate in the room about 20 degrees cooler than everyone else and they freeze us all out...So, those of you on here who say you are natural adult blonde, do you suffer from this as well? I'm guessing it's the Scandinavian genes.
I do find temps over 90 F, esp with high humidity, to be very oppresive. But then, lots of other people complain about these conditions, as well. Especially here in the northeast, when summer temps seem to hit suddenly from the 50s-60s F, and there's little time with 'intermediate' temps.

So...other than the week of the 4th of July I'm OK. I don't think there are "Scandinavian genes". I have a definite preference for lower heat and humidity in high summer. I can get cold in winter, also, but as I enjoy being outdoors most of the time, I seem to adapt better to that. I don't need to freeze other people out!

Old 05-29-2015, 08:07 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,750,615 times
Not me, I love the heat. I'm usually always cold, due to anemia.

I'm in no regard Scandinavian, either. My heritage is solidly German, UK and Irish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty