Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 08:57 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I was born a towhead that turned red, then strawberry and gold in my teens. It turned root brown a few years ago. My pubic hair, eye lashes and eye brows have never matched match my hair color. I also have blond arm and leg hair .

What's funny is that now if I dye my hair, I get red. I used platinum blond the other day and am also a carrot top nixed with light blonde. I'm going to have to fix it but am not sure what I'll do. Dye just doesn't work for me
Strawberry blonde is such an unusual and beautiful color! What's your genetic heritage? My grandfather had flaming red hair as a child; his parents were from Scotland. I have freckles and hazel eyes, but brown hair. However, the brown has stray red and a few blond hairs mixed in. My hairdresser told me I was born to be a redhead due to my features.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 11:34 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,240,321 times
I'm a natural blond, always have been. Though there are some whites popping in here and there. I hope I end up like my 92 yo grandmother who is mostly white now but still has blond punches.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:59 PM

1,153 posts, read 567,409 times
Yes. I am 35 with natural blond hair.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:20 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Don't forget, blond doesn't just mean white blond. Dark blond is not the same thing as light brown.

An important observation, yes.
White blond look ( for example) doesn't work well on men ( in my opinion at least.)
Dark blond looks great on them.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:48 AM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,265 times
I wondered the same thing as OP!! Especially in show business, 99% of all blond women are fake blonds. Every single one has dark roots.

In real life, same thing. Every time I see a blond at a random place like a grocery store or amusement park, they have dark roots under the top blond layer.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:55 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRain View Post
I never thought it was either. I am naturally blonde. Though my hair was more white when I was a baby. It darkened a bit as I got older. Sadly, my eyebrows didn't. So I have blonde hair, with white eyebrows. lol

Always thought red was a prettier hair color though.
Another natural blonde here. I gave up on my real color when it faded to dishwater dinginess and have been hennaing it for nearly a decade. I get more compliments on my deep auburn-red hair now than I ever did as a blonde.

Old 07-29-2019, 03:28 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
I wondered the same thing as OP!! Especially in show business, 99% of all blond women are fake blonds. Every single one has dark roots.

In real life, same thing. Every time I see a blond at a random place like a grocery store or amusement park, they have dark roots under the top blond layer.
Oh yeah, Hollywood blondes. And why does "blonde" refer to a woman? The question was about blonde hair. I'm a woman and my ex has blonde hair. Lots of men have blonde hair.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:23 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Oh yeah, Hollywood blondes. And why does "blonde" refer to a woman? The question was about blonde hair. I'm a woman and my ex has blonde hair. Lots of men have blonde hair.
"Blonde" refers to a woman. "Blond" to a man. The "-e" is the feminine form of the word. (Comes from French)

Old 07-29-2019, 06:37 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Blonde" refers to a woman. "Blond" to a man. The "-e" is the feminine form of the word. (Comes from French)
I never knew that. What a revelation! Thank you.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:52 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,124,293 times
Scandinavian, English, and German heritage. Most of my family was born blonde. Many of them had light brown hair by adulthood.

My mother still has blonde hair and very little gray at 70. She was a white blonde up through her 30's, but that has changed more to a honey blonde as she aged.

My twin sister is a honey blonde. Her hair has darkened a little since childhood.

My daughter is a honey/strawberry blonde. She has beautiful natural light blonde highlights. Her hair darkens a little (honey colored) over winter than lightens up in the summer. People argue with her that she highlights her hair. She doesn't.

Lots of Scandinavian women are born blondes, but their hair darkens as they age. They most definitely dye their hair blonde in Scandinavian countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty