Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 11:20 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,798,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post

You may not be everyone's cup of tea - but you're somebody's shot of Vodka. Believe it.
Prefer tequila myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 01:00 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,239,984 times
Quote:

You may not be everyone's cup of tea - but you're somebody's shot of Vodka. Believe it.
Act in a commercial and say that line. It will earn you 1K instantly.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:30 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,251,193 times
Exactly, and when you look beyond the superficial, there are so many qualities that factor into what makes someone attractive. Someone can seem meh from across the room or in a photograph, but something about the way they present themselves and carry on a conversation is magnetic.

Me personally, there is no rhyme or reason to what I find attractive; it's not about a specific body type, coloring, or facial feature (even if that is what may initially catch my eye).
Quote:

Old 05-12-2015, 02:00 PM

50,429 posts, read 64,199,369 times
It does not matter if you are, or are not ugly. Your perception depends upon what you are told, and how you are treated. We internalize these things. You just need to decide that you are awesome.
I know I was OK looking when I was young, but now that I am older, I do not feel attractive at all. I will not have pictures taken, because I hate how they look. I know, however, that people still seem to react favorably to me, so it must be mostly in my own head, and I have decided not to worry about it.
If you think about it, when you meet other people, what is it that you respond to? Is it the way they look, or is it their personality and the way they make you feel?

Old 05-12-2015, 02:22 PM

3,519 posts, read 779,307 times
I guess one of you hurt her feelings cause she aint been back since post 1 .. anyway I look better at 60 than I did at 16 ..

Old 05-12-2015, 02:50 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,367,658 times
I think beauty comes from within. I'd like to cite Betty Davis. I'm sure people run the gamut of what they think of her appearance. But she was classy and knew how to carry herself. She exuded confidence and could be quite glamourous. When you see pictures of her - just normal pictures - she's not some stunning beauty.

Still on topic sort of: Has anyone noticed the little attention getting windows that say "10 childhood stars who grew up to be ugly" OR "The ugliest actors alive" WTHeck?? More like "10 childhood stars who grew up to be NORMAL"

Beauty is on the inside. You be content with who you are and what you have. Love life. Love people. Love this world. That's beautiful!

Old 05-12-2015, 02:58 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,257,362 times
Also - I'd just like to add -

I've got a new bf who I never found particularly attractive.

On getting to know him however, he is getting hotter and hotter.

So, there's that. Pretty on the inside.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:59 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,691,130 times
I look better at 40 than I did at 16, however my confidence level is also a million times higher, which helps.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:10 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,279,511 times
Since I was a little girl I've been told I was pretty. Strangers would stop my mom and tell her. Little boys liked me. As I got older it increased-a lot of attention from men and when I go out people would tell me I was pretty. I remember once just going into the store with my mom and this lady gasped when she looked up at me and said "omg she is so pretty". Last year at my old job there was this old pervy security guard that used to stop to tell me how beautiful my face was and that I should be a model. I've had guys make songs about my a$$ and I constantly had issues with women(other) because they saw me as competition. When I was in highschool I would be out with my family and my dad and guys would still try to holla not giving a f*** that my dad was mean mugging them. Every guy I've dated there relatives or friends have tried to get with me on the low. I could go on but that is initially how I came to the conclusion that I was attractive to others.

The thing is even with all that happening I didnt feel attractive to myself. I was critical of myself a lot when I was younger. I didnt think I was very attractive no matter how many others thought I was. Honestly I didnt love myself and because of that all the compliments and validation in the world didnt matter to me. My point is that attractiveness is really based on YOU. These days there are many attractive women-made by a plastic surgeon and they still aren't happy with how they look. How you feel about yourself is the most important opinion you could ever count on or need in determining your beauty or worth. If you love yourself and treat yourself right you, you will look in the mirror and feel good about what you see even if others can't see it yet.

When I look in the mirror at myself I think to myself: "yeah I'm a bad b****." And at the end of the day that's all that matters.

Truthfully while I get told Im attractive a lot, there are probably many that wouldn't find me attractive since its relative anyway... Which is probably another reason why counting on others to tell you your attractive is never good--attraction varies from person to person.
It's funny too. Sometimes I see someone off the bat that I don't think is attractive and then after I get to know them all of the sudden they look great to me, I start to notice features and qualities that I find beautiful on there face. Those features were always there.. But it was the confidence, self love, and kindness that radiated from within that I saw that made them attractive in my eyes.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:15 PM

15,599 posts, read 15,727,502 times
Most passers by will not look at ugly people - they're invisible. Therefore, you're probably attractive in one way or another. Perhaps you're "striking" rather than beautiful.

Also, are you familiar with the French term "jolie laide"? The literal meaning is "beautiful ugly." But it refers to a kind of woman who is not conventionally beautiful, but who may be very attractive for some reason - her magnetic personality, her penetrating eyes, her vivid coloring, whatever.

Why don't you stop brooding about it? Most people can look more attractive - by a different haircut, makeup, manner of dressing, etc. Try that, if you want. But don't let it worry you. By the way, in my experience, just being "nice" isn't necessarily a route to making a lot of friends. It's often much more relevant to be interesting, cheery, outgoing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty