Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 07:04 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,947,024 times

Advertisements

It depends I guess on whose judging: now days many look like older people trying to look like teens on fade dress which is looks silly to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 08:00 PM

18,481 posts, read 31,681,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No we cannot because we all have things that we like and dislike and I see nothing wrong with pleated pants.

If you do not like them do not purchase them, problem solved.

I agree.

I like them, and when I have to get dressed up, which isn't that often, I wear them.

I do not like flat front dress pants, they are too constricting and uncomfortable, and men that wear pleated pants, understand what I mean.

besides, they still sell them in stores so they must still be in style.

so I like them.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:03 PM

18,481 posts, read 31,681,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You "made" him buy all new pants?
Mr. CSD would have laughed at me had I "told" him to buy new pants if his current pants were not worn out.
I would never dream of telling Mr. CSD what he can and cannot wear, he is a grown man, his parents did a fine job raising him and he does not need my permission to wear the clothing he wants to wear.

you are a great woman, I already know this, and I'm sure Mr CSD knows as well!!

Old 03-13-2015, 08:22 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,724,849 times
I was just thinking about this recently as I had a business interview and my suit pants are pleated.

I too think pleats look ludicrous, but it is what it is.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:58 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,021,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Can we all agree that pleats in pants (particularly men's pants) are awful?
Yes.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:09 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,872,048 times
I have had both. I have decided that I will no longer buy them. I am rather average build, 170 lbs, 34 w. 41 c. and have no big belly. I just think they do make me look bigger around. Yes, they are not as constricting but they tend to look like balloons and make me look bigger than I think I am. JMHO

Old 03-13-2015, 10:33 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,619,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
And whether you're wearing your pants at your hip or waist. Suits still tend to be worn at the waist whereas most other pants are worn at the hip. Hence why pleats in suits are still fairly common versus almost completely gone from everything else.
If you look at the picture of those two women, you could see that their waist lines are in different places - one has it higher, ( and the waistline is shorter,) the other one - lower, and the waist line is longer. Same with men. If you have lower hips, you'll have tendency to wear pants lower. At the same time, if you have lower hips, yet you still wear suit pants higher, the pleats hit the most slender part of the waistline, filling the gap between the waist and hips, so the body looks well-proportionate. But if a man/woman have higher hips, than pleats create extra bulk around that short(er) waist and widest point of the hips, and this doesn't flatter figure at all. So flat front pants it is.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:13 AM

685 posts, read 722,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Can we all agree that pleats in pants (particularly men's pants) are awful?
Nope, I can't agree. Why does it look awful to you? When I was married, I finally convince my husband who was 5'8" (he said 5'9") and probably a good 50 lbs. overweight. The only way to make him not look as overweight were pleats. Same with me but I didn't have a weight issue. I prefer pleated pants.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:59 AM

29,528 posts, read 22,724,849 times
In Defense of Pleated Pants: A Rebuttal -- The Cut

Old 03-15-2015, 09:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,224,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I agree.

I like them, and when I have to get dressed up, which isn't that often, I wear them.

I do not like flat front dress pants, they are too constricting and uncomfortable, and men that wear pleated pants, understand what I mean.

besides, they still sell them in stores so they must still be in style.

so I like them.
Rock 'em nightcrawler. They're classic. I especially love single-pleat pants tailored Sinatra-style. He knew a thing or two about style and single-pleat pants were part of his signature look.

Clooney copied the look in Ocean's Eleven. Cooler then the ice in a leaded crystal glass of Jack Daniels.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-15-2015 at 09:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty