Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2015, 04:50 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And I'll keep thinking to myself, "These guys all look like PeeWee Herman." But please - carry on. You're not trying to impress me and even if you were, it would probably be futile.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BA9dxix9gT...erman-jump.jpg
Nope, you're right.

I'm trying to impress 40 year-old women over the internet and not the 20-something's in real life.

Women adore how I dress and often compliment me, and I received an award for 'Best Dressed in the Office' from my boss, a Regional Director, at my company's Christmas party - a month after he promoted me to his team.

My 'Pee-Wee Hermann' style and I seem to be doing just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 04:56 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,146,302 times
Yoga pants are the new sweat pants.

I’m also tired of bedazzled jeans.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:57 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,826,388 times
Camo was what I was thinking about, sick of that crap. People do as they do, the only thing that really matters is if on looks good to oneself, that said, I'm not pulling out my guages anytime soon.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:02 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,249,409 times
It's ok ATG5, I prefer the slim/european cut suits on men too, especially if the guy's body is slim. On older men with some weight on them, a traditional tailored suit looks fine. For slim guys there's no need to have all that extra fabric.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:56 PM

362 posts, read 544,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post
Everyone these days under 30 has a tattoo. EVERYONE. It no longer makes you different or special, it just makes you run-of-the-mill
LOL! The whole idea behind tattoos was that they were counter-culture and therefore cool. Now that they're the rule rather than the exception, does that still make them counter-culture? Nah.

As for my fashion sins, I think I have committed every pet peeve on this list: leopard print bag (though it is Jimmy Choo), cross-body bag (Tumi for walking my dog/working out), skinny jeans (J. Brand/Seven for All Mankind), and the list goes on...I listed the brands so as to make my fashion choices not sound so god-awful. Though I have to admit, I've been guilty on wearing yoga pants in public. This grosses me out too, but sometimes I just gotta run to the market on the way home from pilates. I'm so ashamed.

Last edited by Voyageuse; 01-30-2015 at 06:07 PM..

Old 01-30-2015, 06:32 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,673,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orngkat View Post
Tired of leggings and skinny pants period. Remind me of PeeWee Herman if you're old enough to remember his outfit. Like your clothes shrunk. I think skinny pants with high heels just looks bizarre. Drapey tops get me too.
Most drapey tops are flattering on a plus size woman. (anything to not see the tiny skimpy top too many sizes too small)

Old 01-30-2015, 06:49 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,673,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
those waterfall cardigans... they only suit very tall slim women... diamond mesh or patterned tights... those tops with a chiffon back and you can see the back of a bra...big chunky costume jewellery necklaces..puff sleeves that only suit the very slim with pretty arms...animal print anything whether underwear, clothes, shoes or bags... hate it.
Great post !

Waterfall sweaters do look better on tall women, however, some are ok on shorter women as long as the waterfall part is on the shorter side. I agree about the chiffon tops so tacky to see back of bra - would look better if worn with a camisole or tank top. The big chunky necklaces look better on a tall woman, too overpowering on a smaller woman. I can't stand the little tiny cap puff sleeve on a woman it looks like clothing for age 10 and younger. The only thing I like on this list is animal print, but not all the prints and only in smaller prints - a little goes a long way !

Old 01-30-2015, 09:00 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,230,758 times
Not sure it's really a 'trend', but when we lived in California there was a certain subset of the population that all dressed alike, and soo cheap and trashy, it was pathetic. Can't find a representative picture, but think a mix between Jersey Shore and bad rap videos. The girls would be decked out in head-to-toe cheap polyester, neon colors, skintight tops with tacky rhinestones/logos, the above-mentioned muffin top, and cheap skintight rhinestoned jeans, often tucked into vinyl stiletto boots. In the summer it would be tight tank tops and booty shorts or denim minis. And tons of cheap jewellery, huge hoop earrings were a must. The guys were in the 4X rapper jeans hanging off their butts and huge fake jerseys and those stupid baseball caps. I actually once walked into a discount-type store, kind of like a cheaper version of Ross, where ALL they sold was this type of clothing! Literally racks and racks of bad polyester and stretchy, rhinestoney, plasticky, glittery cr*p, and even scarier, all the kids' clothing was mini versions of the same - little oversized jeans and trashy t-shirts for toddlers. I ran in there because I needed to grab some plain white t-shirts for my three year old, and was shocked that not a single thing in there, not even the underwear or pjs, was cotton! Every single thing was polyester. Scary stuff.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:18 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,320,947 times
Spaghetti-strap dresses having "coats" or whatever on top of them. What's the point of having a nice, sexy spaghetti-strap dress only to then cover up everything? You might as well just wear a sleeved dress to start with.

Bathing suits where the bottoms look more like boy-cut shorts rather than a classic triangular-shaped bikini bottom, and/or they're a different color than the top. I think women's shorts should look like WOMEN'S shorts, not "boycuts," and you don't mix/match colors with 2-piece bathing suits. I realize that's just my taste and women have the right to wear whatever they darned well please--but then, if that were the point, then this whole thread became inappropriate, ha ha.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:30 AM

2,547 posts, read 4,230,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Spaghetti-strap dresses having "coats" or whatever on top of them. What's the point of having a nice, sexy spaghetti-strap dress only to then cover up everything? You might as well just wear a sleeved dress to start with.

Bathing suits where the bottoms look more like boy-cut shorts rather than a classic triangular-shaped bikini bottom, and/or they're a different color than the top. I think women's shorts should look like WOMEN'S shorts, not "boycuts," and you don't mix/match colors with 2-piece bathing suits. I realize that's just my taste and women have the right to wear whatever they darned well please--but then, if that were the point, then this whole thread became inappropriate, ha ha.
Sorry but for those of us not fortunate enough to have a perfect bum and hips, boyshorts are a lifesaver! I love boyshort and bikini skirt bottoms, my hips are my problem area, and they do a perfect job of covering it up and balancing my smaller upper body. IMO it's much better than flashing your cellulite for the world to see. And don't even get me started on g-string bikinis - those are not something i wanna see no matter how perfect your body is, blegh (guys might disagree with me on that )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty