Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2008, 01:56 AM

498 posts, read 1,520,128 times

Advertisements

Well we went from Boots to Bikinis this week.

Think I'm joking,? I'm not. We started with rain and went into ice storm and then 2 days worth of snowing and the temperature hitting 5 degrees and the next day it was 50 which melted the snow in one day, then today we had toronados watches out til 9pm and it is thundering lightening and pouring down rain as I speak (type).

I am listening right now on the tv that 3 toronados did touch down around here. THey are saying that it is supposed to start snowing again tomorrow!! This is CRAZY!!! oh wait! No, make that 30 toronados today, in the US! According to World News the last time we had that many toronados in Jan. was the 1800s and there was one 1967. The temperature was 63 today. Like I said From Boots to Bikinis, because after 5 degree weather with ice and snow, than the 60s feel like summer time!!

What is it like in your parts right now??

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Will be blizzarding in snow tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 06:05 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,511 times
It's bikini weather most of the year here in so. florida but we did have 2 days of winter last week! The temp dipped to about 30 at night and a high of about 60 during the day. That practically crippled us! LOL. I got to wear my fashionable boots and peacoat for those couple of days. I even wore my scarf at one point in the early part of the morning. But I don't miss it and as much as I complain about the heat, I'll take it over shoveling snow anyday. I wouldn't mind vacationing somewhere snowy- sounds like fun but I can't deal with the daily grind while battling ice and artic temps.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:23 AM

Smile Unite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
It's bikini weather most of the year here in so. florida but we did have 2 days of winter last week! The temp dipped to about 30 at night and a high of about 60 during the day. That practically crippled us! LOL. I got to wear my fashionable boots and peacoat for those couple of days. I even wore my scarf at one point in the early part of the morning. But I don't miss it and as much as I complain about the heat, I'll take it over shoveling snow anyday. I wouldn't mind vacationing somewhere snowy- sounds like fun but I can't deal with the daily grind while battling ice and artic temps.

10-4 that!! I don't care for the nasty cold or the sweltering heat. I like to be just right. I spent nearly 20 years in Texas and did not miss the cold. There was a touch of winter every year. I think it would last a couple of weeks. We did have a beautiful ice storm there one year. Everything was so sparkley and just simply breathtaking when it was done. I was glad it was daylight so we could watch it.

With all that being said, I am glad that you could put a positive spin on it and get to sport your fashionables. I have to wrap up, my bones cannot take it. At some point you just have to give up on fashion when it comes to the freeze. BRRRRR!!!

I don't leave the house much though so I don't have to tackle all the cold so much. Come summertime though, I brave the heat to maintenance my flowers. I just do it in spurts. Can't take the heat either. To tell ya the truth, I'm not sure what would be worse for me to be in to have to survive. I have felt before that it was both of them at certain points and times in my life. I freeze up in the cold and won't move and I get very sick literally in the extreme heat, so yea, I really don't know. I hope I never have to find out.

Ok, back to the positive. I do have my fashion boots that I like to wear too. I really do love the occasional snow. I grew up with all 4 seasons. They are spectacularly beautiful. All of them.

Did you grow up in all 4 seasons too? You have a nice day.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-08-2008, 02:12 PM

Sure did- used to live up north (new york) so I can appreciate the change of seasons! Didn't move down to Florida until I was a teen so I can still say that I remember those bitter cold months. And, on another positive note, I'm leaving for the Bahamas this weekend (going on a cruise)- you would think that Im not missing much by living here but it's tourist season over here (u should see the traffic!!) so all the floridians are vacationing elsewhere this time of year! I don't mind trading one 'hot' place for another but I haven't officially had my Christmas Break so I'm claiming it now.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:03 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITE View Post

What is it like in your parts right now??

Unless I loose 40 lbs I can't even SEE my "parts"

Old 01-08-2008, 06:33 PM

Thumbs up I want to go too!!

Quote:
Sure did- used to live up north (new york) so I can appreciate the change of seasons! Didn't move down to Florida until I was a teen so I can still say that I remember those bitter cold months. And, on another positive note, I'm leaving for the Bahamas this weekend (going on a cruise)- you would think that Im not missing much by living here but it's tourist season over here (u should see the traffic!!) so all the floridians are vacationing elsewhere this time of year! I don't mind trading one 'hot' place for another but I haven't officially had my Christmas Break so I'm claiming it now.

Yea, you can swing by here and pick me up on your way out>

I have been hearing and reading a lot of bad stuff about Florida. I want to at least visit there before I die. We'll see.

You have fun on your cruise and keep BOTH eyes out for trouble. There has been some fatal happenings on them boats. Don't let it be you. Do you have someone you will be with the whole time? I am a sea sick kinda person, so I will probably never get to see too much outside of the United States. Oh, and I can't do planes very well either. The last time I rode a plane, I had to sit on the ground for 4 hours just trying to get my equallibrium back to normal. It was awful.

So, I guess it is safe to say that Prettygyrl will be sporting the bikini and I will be sporting the boots.

Will you have access to a computer? Write us here if you can. Post some pics. I am excited for you, can you tell??

Ok, well go and buy a new bikini and have fun!!

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-08-2008, 06:40 PM

Wink Ummm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Unless I loose 40 lbs I can't even SEE my "parts"
LOL!! I am sure you are talking about your boots, right?

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-08-2008, 08:24 PM

LOL oh yes, the bikinis are bought and the suitcases are packed. I'm going with some old college friends. We have an itinerary so I won't wander off!

Old 01-08-2008, 11:38 PM

Thumbs up Unite

Quote:
LOL oh yes, the bikinis are bought and the suitcases are packed. I'm going with some old college friends. We have an itinerary so I won't wander off!

Ok, well, you and your friends have a wonderful time and like I said bring back some pics of the earth and come back and post em for all us here is CD-land to see too!! If you see my aunt Sharon, tell her I said hello, will ya?? LOL It really is a small world though. Do not drink too much!! It's dangerous that way. I'm sorry, I am a mom. I worry.

Ok, well I will be wearing the boots on this end. They are talking start snowing tonight. It probably already is, I just won't get up from this machine and go see right now. So I hope you and your friends have some wonderful weather to vacation in. Gotta be able to sport them new kinis!!

Ok, well cruise easy~~~~til next time. ALL ABOARD!!!

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty