Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 06:30 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,128,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
As a woman, I can tell you I'm more attracted to a guy who works on his personality than his body. The most buffed, beautiful guy might get my attention in a bar. But if he opens his mouth and nothing interesting comes out, he's just wasted his drink money.

On the flip side, the most average looking guy can win my heart if he's friendly, funny, creative, considerate. And the beautiful thing about that is: Those things don't go south with age.

So very true!!!

Old 01-01-2015, 07:13 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,385,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
This is actually good news for me as it lowers the bar for what women want. Not that I am living my life based on what women want but you know. I don't think I could get as big or as lean as this guy even if I wanted to. I like to workout first and foremost because I like to workout. The secondary benefit is women like the results.
And this isn't your first thread asking for women's advice in what they find attractive. It shows glaring self confidence issues.

Make your body how YOU want it. What YOU think looks good. Stop asking everyone else. Not to mention, if you asked on various forums you'd find a MILLION different responses. This forum is not one that I would ask.

FYI I get far more attention from women since adding over 40lbs of muscle over 3 years. I used to have a leaner swimmers/athletes body type and now I look more like a bodybuilder.

After gaining the muscle for more (attractive) women were into it. I never had a super hard time before but it got exponentially easier.

Either way I don't care what anyone else thinks. I'd have another 40lbs of muscle if I could do it and remain healthy, I just couldn't.

Old 01-01-2015, 11:16 AM

2,756 posts, read 4,423,729 times
No.

Not my favorite look. I go for the lean and taut beach volleyball player look. But as others have said, this is less an issue for women. If you are interesting, caring, funny etc.. your body is not so important to women. Face and personality are much more important.

In fact, if you looked like that guy.... I would make a bunch of presumptions about what you value, how you spend your time, what you are looking for in a women, and your own insecurities. Perhaps this is unfair, but it's true and is based on the men I have met in the gym. Who are trying to look like that.... or who do.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:15 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,013,402 times
Not sure why this is a question. Of course most women won't want a guy like this. But guys like this won't be going for skinny fat girls who never lift weights anyway. They'll be into women who lift on a regular basis, have a fair amount of muscle themselves, and live a similar lifestyle.

Similarly, post a picture of a muscular girl, and all the guys who have never lifted a weight before will get on and say "gross, looks like a man," etc, etc. Those guys wouldn't be able to land those girls if they even wanted to.

That said, to get that physique by 21 is pretty darn impressive.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:43 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,882,665 times
A man with a six pack is sexy hot but that is to much muscle.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,944,289 times
Body fat percentage is too low. And I wonder if his legs are in balance. He did not show them. Nothing I hate more than a guy who is huge on top with skinny legs.

Old 01-01-2015, 03:28 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,385,196 times
I suggest asking women that you're actually into what body type they like. Bikini model type girls, girls who lift hard and eat right?

Coming to a board full of middle aged females hiding behind a keyboard is NOT going to give you a realistic example of what the women YOU find attractive.

Not many women here find him attractive, and I'd bet money he wouldn't find any women in this thread that attractive. I bet if you went on a young women's fitness model forum and asked what they liked, yet would be much different than what's here.

I respect everyone's opinion of what they find attractive. To each their own. But guys who look like this typically aren't going to be into the women you're after. I'm probably too muscular for most women in this thread. I've posted pictures before and got positive comments or that I'm a bit too muscular. That's fine, it doesn't concern me. I know what I want to look like, and that self confidence and happiness with my physique will outweigh if I tried to look like someone I didn't want to. A physique I didn't find ideal.

In regards to these comments about personalities and these types of people, it's pretty rude. Stereotyping is rude. I have had strangers come up and make comments about my physique before. Whether at a bar or at best buy. It's pretty uncomfortable a lot of the time and unless someone I know asks about working out or anything I don't really talk about it..

Old 01-01-2015, 03:31 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,360,991 times
I like his look & think he may look more veiny & puffed up as he's currently working out in the video. I like how he looks with his tee on even better. Clothes just look better on those who are fit, whether big or small, tall or short, male or female, imho. The important thing is how he feels about himself... relaxed confidence & comfort with oneself is appealing in anyone.

My feeling is I like those who take care of themselves & maintain fitness in order to be healthy & to be able to do more physical things. I've gone hiking with friends who are out of shape & it's not a great day for me if someone is continually complaining about how hard it is, is lagging far behind so forcing me to casually walk rather than work out & wants to stop in 30-min. My last hike was in the L.A. canyons & was 6-hrs & I'm a small girl. So, someone who can jump in the ocean with me or be up for whatever (raquetteball or biking or frisbee) or take a miles-long walk because they want to & enjoy it, is far more fun to be with, whether it's a friend or bf.

As someone who has had several bodybuilder/weightlifter bf's, I'm more interested in a kind, respectful, honest man with a sense of humor than someone who can bench press xxx-lbs. Not all of those bf's were nice people, so who cares the size of the biceps or how sculpted the abs?

Look the best you can (without comparison to others), enjoy as much as you can physically & look your best without obsessing on inches & pounds. It's good to have fitness goals & if bigger muscles are your preference, go for it. I am active because I enjoy it, which means I don't run for an hour on a treadmill, because I just don't enjoy it. I'd rather walk for miles in the street or on the beach.

Lastly, I do like guys a bit bigger... I guess as I feel if I'm with someone who can take care of himself physically, I can relax & not have to be so aware of my surroundings, like I always am when on my own. I don't know what most women like & no judgment, but out of shape, inactive or skinny boys aren't what turn my head. We all differ.

OP, look the way you want to look & let that be good enough for who you'll attract. You don't want to be with someone who wants you to be something else. Good luck!

Old 01-01-2015, 03:51 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,013,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I suggest asking women that you're actually into what body type they like. Bikini model type girls, girls who lift hard and eat right?

Coming to a board full of middle aged females hiding behind a keyboard is NOT going to give you a realistic example of what the women YOU find attractive.

Not many women here find him attractive, and I'd bet money he wouldn't find any women in this thread that attractive. I bet if you went on a young women's fitness model forum and asked what they liked, yet would be much different than what's here.

I respect everyone's opinion of what they find attractive. To each their own. But guys who look like this typically aren't going to be into the women you're after. I'm probably too muscular for most women in this thread. I've posted pictures before and got positive comments or that I'm a bit too muscular. That's fine, it doesn't concern me. I know what I want to look like, and that self confidence and happiness with my physique will outweigh if I tried to look like someone I didn't want to. A physique I didn't find ideal.

In regards to these comments about personalities and these types of people, it's pretty rude. Stereotyping is rude. I have had strangers come up and make comments about my physique before. Whether at a bar or at best buy. It's pretty uncomfortable a lot of the time and unless someone I know asks about working out or anything I don't really talk about it..
Good post. Similar to what I was saying earlier. Won't let me rep you though.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:50 PM

783 posts, read 851,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
#3.

Does not sound good to me. I'd say somewhere in between the body builder & whatever you are referring to here. I prefer the build of the men's physique models or someone like Dmitry Klokov.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpzqhQvSBD0
The interesting thing is Dmitry Klokov is bigger then the guy in the video I posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty