Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 12:10 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Yeah, this is definitely a perception issue. I would consider JH in Dreamgirls voluptuous & curvy, but not fat, plus-sized, or a BBW...

Have you seen her recently? She has lost weight, but still has curves. Do you consider her too skinny now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 12:22 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,059,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I never knew the South was "the fattest region" until the internet came along with its click through slide show pages. When I was a lean in shape basketball player in high school and college I still liked thicker, heavier women as opposed to skinnier ones as did many of my peers. And there were plenty to choose from of either type.

What I'm getting at is, don't generalize. If the washing machine girl was lily white, I believe she have no trouble having her fair share of white, black, latinos or whatever...men. It has nothing to do with their being more fat people down here or thinking only black guys are in to that type of shape. Guys like what they like no matter what color they are or where they live.
That's all well and good but it doesn't change the fact there's more fat shaming for girls up North, specifically White girls. Seems to be going the other way though.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:37 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Have you seen her recently? She has lost weight, but still has curves. Do you consider her too skinny now?
I considered her too thin in Dreamgirls, so if she's lost weight since then, yes, I would definitely consider her too skinny...though I'm sure she doesn't care what I think...

And, Melissa McCarthy used to be a big enough for me to consider her a BBW, but IIRC she's also lost weight recently....

Going along with this, I'm a guy who's only into large, obese women. I need a lot of cushion for the pushin' I don't have one specific "shape" I'm into, though I do like women with huge back-sides. I like shorter pear-shaped women and women who are both tall & obese. I also find women that look similar to the BBW model Tess Holiday very attractive...

And, the misconception that thin guys aren't into big women does still unfortunately exist, though thankfully I'm noticing it less & less as time goes on...As a skinny white guy, some BBW's I've dated do seem somewhat surprised that I'm into them....I guess maybe they think I would be into thinner women - since I'm thin. That being said, based on my experience I've noticed quite a few BBW's are attracted to slender guys - which is great for me, and them

Old 06-23-2015, 07:18 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
? Who we talkin bout here
This black guy doesn't like that rotating chick.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:29 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I am hardwired to think a woman like her is attractive. Shes not the only shape i like but still i cant get around or over it. So when someone says they dont think she (or anyone in general shaped like that) is anything special i have to wonder what is. Maybe a smaller version of her? I just dont get how any man could not like hips and butt. Too much of it, i can understand especially if its artificial. There's always a line and every person gets to draw their own. But to me this whole discussion boils down to liking the things that make women...women. And please don't think I'm picking on you or your post or your personal likes but i don't get why some men get so...antagonistic about what other people find attractive. Unless you like women rail thin with no curves at all i don't get how some people could be so unable to accept the fact that a thicker, curvier woman is even more attractive then some. I don't see that as a fetish.(i know you didnt say that) To me and only me i think it is more fetishist to like extremely skinny rail thin women, women who weight train to become extreme body builders or women who are so heavy and so obese that they want them to grow even larger. Like the "my 600lb life women." Liking a bigger butt or a bigger chest then the next guy? Come on.
I'm pretty sure you didn't mean me, but at least in this thread I haven't been antagonistic to anyones preferences. It's not that I don't like hips&ass, when there's nothing else there, it's pretty awesome, I just prefer big boobs, or the whole boob/butt/hips/belly package.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:38 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Society is an idiot.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:17 AM

358 posts, read 229,372 times
If you have excess flab your fat / overweight. This stuff isnt rocket science.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:12 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Grey View Post

OK, but that's not the topic though, now is it?

Old 06-24-2015, 03:41 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Grey View Post
Wrong! You can have flab and not be overweight. You may not be "tight," but you're not necessarily overweight. I've seen very thin women with flab. It happens.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:20 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,059,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I noticed some people in this thread talking about strippers of different sizes...

Honestly, in my experience, when men see female strippers, they are often mesmerized and very sexually turned on. Even those who aren't, even the poised playboys, think it's normal.

From what I've seen, in most cases, women see male strippers for a fun time. Women are usually laughing, joking, red in the face from the experience. Although us women see these guys as attractive, it pretty much always seems like a sexy joke vs. a real turn on.

Think about it: If a man's friend says something about going to a strip club, maybe for the evening or for a bachelor party, the other guy might smile and grin and say OK. In many cases, there is no smile or no grin. When women talk about seeing the Chippendales, it's usually a big, giggly, laughy event. No one takes it seriously.

So, when someone says, "There are no fat man strippers!" it's because, proportionally, there aren't that many male strippers at all. Women don't usually go to see strippers for their needs. It's usually just a joke or in good fun. There are female strippers of all sizes and types because men DO seek out female strippers for much more than just a good time and a good laugh at a bachelor party.
I forgot to ask you this: if you think the point of male strippers is just for women to laugh at and find humor, why DO they pick very attractive men to do so? They pick men that are quite chiseled. Wouldn't a fat guy provide more comedic relief?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty