Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 12:16 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,773,995 times

Advertisements

I do not know why guys who date larger women are looked down upon.
If anything, I admire those who can look deeper than skin deep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 04:15 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,082,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Plus sized and "thick" do not mean the same thing - at least they didn't. Just like BW like to call themselves "curvy". Just how do you describe a woman who has curves but who is not fat?
Define "fat". If we made these curvy women take a body fat analysis, many of them would actually be either overweight or obese. We're not talking BMI, either. These girls ain't curvy because of their muscles, ya know. Muscle ain't soft lol

I do find it funny how some curvy women claim they're really just muscular. My thing is, who are they fooling, and besides, since is being overly muscular feminine?

Old 06-12-2015, 04:23 PM

4,045 posts, read 2,722,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Me, too! I'd be perturbed if my butt didn't protrude.

Cheers to protruding butts!!!!

Old 06-12-2015, 06:57 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,280,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Plus sized and "thick" do not mean the same thing - at least they didn't. Just like BW like to call themselves "curvy". Just how do you describe a woman who has curves but who is not fat?
I know. And I agree. Thick is not plus size. But in my post I was saying that voluptuous to me is the same as plus size-the women with curves that aren't fat. Thick women aren't plus size--not until recently that is.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Define "fat". If we made these curvy women take a body fat analysis, many of them would actually be either overweight or obese. We're not talking BMI, either. These girls ain't curvy because of their muscles, ya know. Muscle ain't soft lol

I do find it funny how some curvy women claim they're really just muscular. My thing is, who are they fooling, and besides, since is being overly muscular feminine?
Actually I agree. I think a lot of traditional thick woman would be considered overweight if you took there body fat percentage. But the modern definition of curvy or thick seems to include women that look pretty overweight--you can tell without taking their body fat percentage. Thick woman will most likely have average or slightly overweight body fat percentage but if it's in the obese fat range than they're probably plus size.

The girl in the pic hurst included looked pretty overweight. She wasn't fat looking at all to me but you could tell she was plus size.

Personally to me anyone that is over 30 pounds more than what they should be for their height, body frame, and body structure is fat. Visibly anyone that has huge legs, stomach, arms, and a chubby face is fat. Women that have curves but are big are plus size looking to me and thick women to me typically are average size but carry their weight in the booty, thighs, and chest area with a small waist and noticeable hip to waist ratio. They don't look as big as plus size women but they aren't thin or skinny.

Last edited by Faith2187; 06-12-2015 at 07:17 PM..

Old 06-12-2015, 11:12 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,182,283 times
Again, obviously people don't really understand what constitutes "plus sized" when it comes to women:

Women like Christina Hendricks, Jennifer Hudson (at least in the film "Dreamgirls"), the blonde SI model several posts back, Kim K., the late Marilyn Monroe, and other similarly built women are definitely "curvy" & in some cases "voluptuous". However, in no way, shape, or form would I describe any of these women as being "BBW", "fat", "overweight", or "plus-sized."

Old 06-12-2015, 11:36 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,082,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Actually I agree. I think a lot of traditional thick woman would be considered overweight if you took there body fat percentage. But the modern definition of curvy or thick seems to include women that look pretty overweight--you can tell without taking their body fat percentage. Thick woman will most likely have average or slightly overweight body fat percentage but if it's in the obese fat range than they're probably plus size.

The girl in the pic hurst included looked pretty overweight. She wasn't fat looking at all to me but you could tell she was plus size.

Personally to me anyone that is over 30 pounds more than what they should be for their height, body frame, and body structure is fat. Visibly anyone that has huge legs, stomach, arms, and a chubby face is fat. Women that have curves but are big are plus size looking to me and thick women to me typically are average size but carry their weight in the booty, thighs, and chest area with a small waist and noticeable hip to waist ratio. They don't look as big as plus size women but they aren't thin or skinny.
Being obese is at 32-35% body fat or higher for women between the ages of 26 and 50. I can assure you that one need not be officially plus sized to be in that range. If we assume that plus size in most clothiers begins at 16, many women under this size CAN be at those ranges, easily. Now, plus size MODELS, probably less likely they're obese.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:55 PM

645 posts, read 753,489 times
I think everyone is entitled to their own preference.....but I agree with a previous post on a fit man wanting to date a large women...it is kinda weird...im into fitness and I personally wont date a large out of shape man.....nothing against larger women but the ones that have bad attitudes and think they are all that and look down on thin/ in shape women those are the ones I cant stand! they call themselves "thick" that cracks me up...lol

Old 06-13-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Being obese is at 32-35% body fat or higher for women between the ages of 26 and 50. I can assure you that one need not be officially plus sized to be in that range. If we assume that plus size in most clothiers begins at 16, many women under this size CAN be at those ranges, easily. Now, plus size MODELS, probably less likely they're obese.
Actually plus size is size 14 and above, and in some stores a size 12 is considered xl and a plus size. I think one can be plus size to be in that obese body fat range actually. The problem is that people in today's time consider the average woman to be the standard for defining other sizes. They believe that today's average woman is in the normal healthy weight range for their height. They believe those bigger than today's average women is "thick" and those bigger then today's "thick" is plus size. None of this is right though lol.

The reality is that the average woman in the USA wears a size 12 and is only 5ft4 and is actually closer to being overweight than they are being the normal weight they should be at there height.

It confuses people-the difference in how women look and classify themselves in 2015. Since women are much bigger these days this drastically changes the perception of what's healthy for a height and for body fat. Which is why you believe that the average women 26-50 that has an obese body fat percentage is not plus size or does not look overweight or bigger than what they should be.

A woman with 30% body fat is either very thick and if she's shorter than 5ft4 is most likely plus size. Awoman with more than 30% is likely plus size if she's shorter. I'm 5ft2 and Im traditionally thick and I'm in the normal body fat percentage for my height and weight. I would need to gain probably 30 pounds just to get to a size 14 and I can imagine that I would be in the obese range. To put it in perspective Im about 5 pounds over weight for my height. So I can only imagine that those that have high body fat percentages that are obese are probably a lot bigger than what they should be and closer to a plus size-size 14 if not bigger.

A lot of people assume that the norm, fit, low range, and slightly overweight fat percentages aren't realistic fat percentages for women age 26-50 to attain but it isn't true. They arent realistic for today's women because most are very overweight and the average woman in the Us is one size away from being plus size to begin with. These same women that ARE plus size refer to themselves as thick which also makes it seem that plus size looking bodies with larger body fat percentages represent thick women and that's not really true. Some plus size women really are just super thick but there are plenty that are very ovsrweight and it's odd to classify really overweight with thick which traditionally was used to describe "solid looking" healthy women.

In any case this is why I believe that men aren't being looked down on for dating bigger women... If you look around there are more women that aren't skinny or thin or even in the healthy weight range and none of them have issues getting men. It's become the norm. And I suspect that as women get bigger that men with morbidly obese women will be a common sight as well.

Last edited by Faith2187; 06-13-2015 at 02:36 PM..

Old 06-13-2015, 02:26 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,821,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
You are missing the point, I could pick a normal average looking non fat chick to go up against Alba and she would fair no different than Rosie. Anytime you can have an overwhelming majority of men pick a woman and predict it before hand shows you that there is universal beauty metrics which can be somewhat measured.

Btw, who are some attractive BBW?
Why not pick a very attractive BBW and put her against an average looking small or medium built woman? Alba is well known for her beauty and is a celebrity. Neither side needs the deck stacked for you to see that your guess that the smaller woman would win overwhelmingly is wrong.

id have to know what you consider to be big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
That woman is more thick than fat. Her stomach appears on the flatter side.

Black guys would love her lol
I think shes hot but i don't understand why its commonly thought that white guys would be ashamed to be seen with her. I've seen women built like that with white guys around here. And just to be clear that woman's shape is not common. So there aren't a lot of women like that around pining for white guys to pay attention to them or worrying what mama will think if they come home with a black man so to. If her butt is all real she is lucky. A lot of women carry excess weight in less desirable places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty