Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Dress/skirt wearing frequency
5x a week or more 19 18.63%
A few times a week 20 19.61%
Weekly 7 6.86%
Less than weekly 29 28.43%
Never 27 26.47%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 12:33 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,380,611 times

Advertisements

Voted "less than weekly" because technically, it's not "never"-but pretty darned close.
I'm no longer a teen but even when I was a kid or teen I hardly ever wore skirt or dress (being a little kid & having no choice in the matter doesn't count).
I hate how I look & feel in a dress or skirt, plus I cannot find footwear that both looks & feels good to go with them.
Own one skirt & one dress, wear them each once or twice a year (during summer), then they get packed away for another 8-10 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 12:46 PM

19,740 posts, read 20,300,567 times
I've been on a serious skirt kick for the past few months and loving it.. Mostly below knee or ankle length, wrap arounds, long and free-flowing funky patterns & colors. Always have one on in the house, helps balance and restore my yin energy & keeps chakras in check. (( OM ))

Old 10-13-2014, 01:25 PM

256 posts, read 343,231 times
From 16 to 21 I was obsessed with dresses and wore them 90% of the time... then I gained 40 pounds, but recently I have re-discovered dresses still look good! So I went out and actually bought 3 dresses and a skirt this week (target has cute dresses for cheap), so I voted weekly. I need to buy more before I can wear them a few times or more a week. With winter coming, I just need to figure out the legging thing. I have thick leggings but I need more thinner but still warm ones for some of these dresses. Any suggestions?

Old 10-13-2014, 01:27 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,925,903 times
For fall (ok winter in the Bay Area) I just get patterned tights for my dresses. .

Now they are all season appropriate!

Old 10-13-2014, 01:32 PM

256 posts, read 343,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I've been on a serious skirt kick for the past few months and loving it.. Mostly below knee or ankle length, wrap arounds, long and free-flowing funky patterns & colors. Always have one on in the house, helps balance and restore my yin energy & keeps chakras in check. (( OM ))
Where do you buy your funky pattern skirts at?

Old 10-13-2014, 01:51 PM

251 posts, read 247,024 times
Since moving to a warm climate, I wear skirts/dresses pretty much every day. I find they are comfortable and if well fitted, are easy to move and do stuff in. For me, I also like that I can create a more feminine silhouette with a flared skirt, otherwise I am the stick. I don't understand why any female would wear shorts, they are so unflattering and frankly, quite ugly on women, I don't care how "cute" they may be. I also, for myself, don't at all understand the maxi dress trend, why would I bother working out just to drape myself in four yards of silk? To me those dresses scream "I give up!" Some people like them but they are not for me.

What is neat to me is that a dress or skirt, for the most part, are for women, so to me it makes a woman look pretty and like a lady.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:54 PM

19,740 posts, read 20,300,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transdimensionalhottie View Post
Where do you buy your funky pattern skirts at?
Vintage, cultural, and/or thrift stores!

Old 10-13-2014, 02:19 PM

4,064 posts, read 2,150,646 times
Technically I haven't worn a dress in years. I'm retired and never go anywhere that calls for dressing up fancy (I go to some classical music concerts and ballets, but black pants and a top are good enough for that).

I suppose I could wear dresses in the summer, but I am unwilling to wear pantihose in the cooler months---and I hear no on does anymore anyway. And bare legs seem kind of lame in the winter, especially without a tan.

The reason why I say I technically haven't worn a dress is that I did buy a couple of short dresses that I wear as long tops over leggings, so I don't know that this counts....

Old 10-13-2014, 02:27 PM

50,403 posts, read 64,129,909 times
I don't know why I keep buying them, because I hardly ever wear them. I want to be that woman who wears a cute sundress to the grocery store, but I'm really the woman who runs to the store after weeding the garden in my expando- shorts and tank top.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:23 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,622,123 times
When I was working I ALWAYS wore skirts/dresses. I didn't even own a pair of pants.

Now that I'm retired, it depends on the season. In warmer weather I find skirts/dresses to be cooler. In colder weather, pants are warmer. At my age I dress for comfort.

The reality is, though, many women just don't look good in pants. I wish more women would respect their body types and when in public wear what suits them best. At home, of course, anything goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty