Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:53 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,064,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
Just a crappy song. I would consider myself overweight, and I think that the idea of being happy you are fat is terrible.
Just because she isn't a size 2 doesn't mean she is fat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 11:41 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,874,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Based on the people I've seen using that word, 'thick' is basically just a euphemism for fat.

By all means, I think everyone should have pride in themselves regardless of their bodies, but I think it's weird to have pride *because* you're overweight.
Is she overweight? I can't tell in the vid, that schoolgirl dress she's wearing hides her body, and I can't find any pix online that show her bod. Is she singing about being overweight, or about women with huge a$$es?

Old 10-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 6 days ago)

16,101 posts, read 21,231,415 times
What she's trying to speak out against is all too apparent in this thread.
The girl is 'average'- not fat, and certainly not obese. The fact that people have become so accustomed to seeing artificially skinny models as what average should look like is disturbing.
She is speaking out against the way the popular culture has vilified a healthy body as being too big to be attractive.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:54 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,980,036 times
I like the tune, til I saw the video..

I do not ever want to see a chubby boy dance like that..

Old 10-09-2014, 07:44 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,842,071 times
How is this any different from Queen's Fat-Bottomed Girls? That's been a Booty Anthem since it came out in 1978.

I've always lamented having a "flat" butt. It's not small, it's just flat. When I returned to the gym a couple years ago and started getting back into being fit (not athletic, not unfat - just fit) I discovered that my butt was starting to get rounder. Totally loving my butt actually filling out a pair of jeans now instead of looking like I have a saggy trunk.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:56 AM

23 posts, read 28,008 times
I think this is just a horrible song.

Now Nikki Manaj's Anaconda song, Id call that Skinny Shaming. The end of the song goes...

"Yeah, he love this fat ass
Yeah! This one is for my ******* with a fat ass in the ****ing club
I said, "Where my fat ass big ******* in the club?"
**** those skinny *******,
**** those skinny ******* in the club
I wanna see all the big fat ass ******* in the mother****ing club, **** you if you skinny *******. What? Yeah!"

I think there is a difference.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:45 AM

706 posts, read 1,183,112 times
I don't think she's really fat, maybe a little chubby. She definitely has the body type to be a porker if she isn't careful....but if she's ok with it, that's all that matters,

Old 10-09-2014, 10:09 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,386,529 times
Skinny shaming is all over this forum, all over this country.

We are one of the fattest, most obese countries in the world. "Skinny shaming" is a way that the obese can make themselves look at each other..

They call normal women "10 year old boy bodies" simply because they aren't overweight or obese like the rest..

The OP in this thread called herself petite, yet she's a size 14? I have never seen a petite size 14 in my life. I couldn't see a size 8 referencing herself as "petite."

It's a joke to be honest. It's why our country has such a problem. So many overweight and obese people CONSTANTLY trying to push onto all the HEALTHY people that they aren't "obese or overweight" but they are "healthy."

Of course, no one actually wants to post pictures of themselves to verify it, but we should somehow believe someone who is 5' tall and a 14 is "petite" and a normal healthy weighted woman..

Old 10-09-2014, 10:17 AM

23 posts, read 28,008 times
Apparently size 14 is the average american size... but it is also labled as "obese".

Old 10-09-2014, 10:18 AM

29,775 posts, read 34,503,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
The OP in this thread called herself petite, yet she's a size 14? I have never seen a petite size 14 in my life. I couldn't see a size 8 referencing herself as "petite."
Petite, in fashion terms, has to do with height, not weight. Petite clothing is proportioned for women under 5'3", whether they're a size 2 or a size 12. The OP referred to herself as petite because she is 4'10".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty