Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 09:52 AM

3 posts, read 2,725 times

Advertisements

This is the first time I have seen this video. Its interesting. Hmmmm
We are basically just so hard on people that are different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 04:11 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,623,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyllyam View Post
Jessxwrites89,
I think you might be overthinking this (with the utmost respect intended from me). She's 20, and if you haven't noticed, kids under 21 (yes big generalization by me) can be AWFUL to each other. More kids should write songs about being who they are and sticking up for themselves IMO. You're right about the oppressed, and it's weird to see the old oppressive majorities whining about how THEY are now under attack, and culture is definitely getting flipped on it's head, but also know that the MTV and Top 40 of 20 years ago would never give anything a chance that was different, so this is a good thing.

Again, no disrespect at all, but you sort of pre-emptively apologized for your weight several times in this thread, and you should NOT have to. That's all Meghan means.
You know what? maybe if there was MORE parent involvement, there would also be less bullying and kids saying "mean things to each other"...ever thought of that? If the parents don't spend time teaching manners and common sense to these children who is going to teach it then? School are there to teach proper English, math, science, etc., and not teach your child to be well mannered. That's a parent's job.

With generation after generation spending so much time AWAY from their parents in daycares+after school, because both parents "must work", and also because these "parents" are too coward to ask for their rights and continue to work for peanuts, this is a side effect that will continue to perpetuate.

"Culture flipped on it's head"? what "culture" in that? There is no Culture in America! We killed it all. You want to tell me someone who is overweight and gets a song about it is now called "culture"? OMG! I watched MTV when the "M" stood for MUSIC...for many years, and there was anything you can imagine played on it...MUSIC related. Maybe, someone can either change that "M" to an "R", since it only plays "reality Tv crap", and forget it ever existed!

What does this even mean? what "attack"? I am not under any attack here...there is a MUTE button which I happily use when they play commercials and bad songs on the radio. "Old oppressive majorities"? Is that a joke?
Quote:
You're right about the oppressed, and it's weird to see the old oppressive majorities whining about how THEY are now under attack

Old 10-13-2014, 06:21 PM

459 posts, read 770,372 times
I just wonder sometimes why skinny women with big boobs always have to have the word silicone attached Asa description to their shape. When in reality many women are built this way naturally. She made a statement that generalizes every skinny girl. Imthe same could be made on her.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:32 AM

779 posts, read 633,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
I just wonder sometimes why skinny women with big boobs always have to have the word silicone attached Asa description to their shape. When in reality many women are built this way naturally. She made a statement that generalizes every skinny girl. Imthe same could be made on her.
I blame Barbie.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:24 PM

459 posts, read 770,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
I blame Barbie.
But what do she have to do what weigh why people say it's not realistic.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
But what do she have to do what weigh why people say it's not realistic.

I believe it is about trying to obtain a body that isn't natural to a lot of women. There are a lot of very slim no curve having women with large breasts but then there are a lot of women whose body types aren't like that at all and yet they lipo, starve, exercise to excess, get implants, silicone injections in their lips and all kinds of things trying to obtain "the look". I mean they use actual silicone for some of these enhancements hence the clear connection to "stick figure silicone Barbie doll".

Personally, I am not anti surgery but I am anti-surgery that makes you look like you had a ton of work done(see Lisa Rena, jessica Simpson or Meg ryan's lips, Tara Reid and tori Spelling's boobs, Tara Reid's stomach). I wan to be surprised that you had surgery not know right off the bat but I guess that is not the look that some go for.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:41 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,058,553 times
Quote:
Personally, I am not anti surgery but I am anti-surgery that makes you look like you had a ton of work done(see Lisa Rena, jessica Simpson or Meg ryan's lips, Tara Reid and tori Spelling's boobs, Tara Reid's stomach). I wan to be surprised that you had surgery not know right off the bat but I guess that is not the look that some go for.
Jessica Simpson? I think she looks fine... She looks about the same as she did at 19 (except older of course).

http://i0.wp.com/pmchollywoodlife.fi...ize=1000%2C750

Old 10-16-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Jessica Simpson? I think she looks fine... She looks about the same as she did at 19 (except older of course).
In general, yes she does but the pooor girl has had a few bouts with lip injections. It's a shame because she is naturally lovely.

http://news.makemeheal.com/images/je...ic-surgery.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ll42tMuhNN...plant_lips.jpg

Old 10-16-2014, 02:45 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,863,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
That's not funny. I have a thyroid condition. I eat right and exercise, but I'm still heavy. Of course the medications I was on didn't help, but I've lost a lot of weight since getting off of those psych meds.

No one has a right to shame people because we don't know what's going on. A skinny person could be skinny from Grave's disease, an autoimmune disease that makes the thyroid overactive. An overactive thyroid can be just as unhealthy as an underactive thyroid. A skinny person can be skinny from a myriad of reasons, just like a fat person. A fat person might be fat from medications: antipsychotics, anti-depressants, steroids, etc. all add weight.

I'm heavy, but I'm healthy. I go to the doctors for check ups for thyroid, hormones, cholesterol, blood pressure and everything else. My doctor says everything is fine now and I hope when I go for my next check up, my thyroid is still fine. I take care of myself, I truly do. I eat a balanced diet except dairy (lactose intolerant) and I have sweets sometimes. I exercise 2-3 times a day.
What do you call exercise? I find it hard to believe that you would be overweight if you exercise 2-3 times per day. I eat like crap and exercise about 3 times a week and I am still not obese. Perhaps your thyroid has an issue but most, which I mean like 90% of people, who are obese do not really have problems with their thyroid. In fact, healthy eating and exercise can still trump many thyroid issues. After all, anybody can starve to death...

Old 10-16-2014, 03:34 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,058,553 times
Quote:
In general, yes she does but the pooor girl has had a few bouts with lip injections. It's a shame because she is naturally lovely.

http://news.makemeheal.com/images/je...ic-surgery.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ll42tMuhNN...plant_lips.jpg
Thats not plastic surgery though.. And considering she doesn't look like that all the time (unlike some other celebrities who have looked like that for years) it could have just been an allergic reaction...

I would hardly call Jessica Simpson the poster child for bad plastic surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty