Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 04:28 AM

1,053 posts, read 3,372,361 times

Advertisements

Like I said in the other post, I used to put my hand over my ex "wifes" tattoo when we were "making danish pastries" because it turned me off... maybe the bottom of the foot would be ok for a tattoo though. ;~}

Old 12-26-2007, 05:11 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,419,347 times
I didn't answer the question. I don't have a tattoo because of the reasons I stated I don't like them on woman. I find them the ultimate of tackiness.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:39 AM

50,429 posts, read 64,185,923 times
Like it or not, people do judge those with tatoos in a negative way.
To me, having tatoos seems like a sort of self loathing..a need to spoil yourself or mutilate yourself. Also, it seems like one is never enough..they just need to get more and more. It would be easier and cheaper to just fix what's eating you instead.
On the other hand, I think some tatoo artists are very talented, and I can see why they would like to put their art on someone's body forever.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:48 AM

419 posts, read 2,020,888 times
To many people are getting them today due to peer pressure and I feel that once their friends move out of their lives and tattoos are no longer chic, then they will regret it for the rest of their days.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:53 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,370,680 times
My friend won't get one because she is petrified of needles! If that wasn't the case though, she would get one but not just anything.

My tats are not common since they are my own design and are very significant to me. My first one I got before they were the in thing. Plus I don't follow trends. I have mine because I wanted them and they a very personal to me.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:27 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,874,561 times
As the OP stated, I don't find tattoos attractive and I don't have any. However, I don't pass judgement on people that do have them; they're simply not for me.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:33 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,472,723 times
I have read that in the case of addicts, they go through a stage where they want to mutilate their body and tattoos and piercings are the way they do it, its a part of hating their body.

I had a friend who was like this, she had terrible problems with drugs and alcohol. She would get high and go out and get a tat, in fact one of her drug connections was at a tattoo parlor.

I have seen many that I thought were pretty. I have always been drawn to the Chinese caligraphy for example. I just know I couldn't sit still and allow someone to do that too me. I get a little panicy about giving blood for a blood test.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:50 AM

8,992 posts, read 20,415,987 times
I was in the Navy during Viet Nam and never got one. I knew some guys that did get them (or had them). But, come to think about it, I NEVER (from what I can remember) saw a Naval Officer with tattoos on their arms......and part of their summer dress uniform was a "dress white" short sleeve shirt.
After the Navy, I "thought" about getting a tattoo of an eagle on each arm, but that "thought" just simply went away. Actually, I'm glad that I didn't when I found out that my wife didn't like them. It's sort of funny, but when I was living on our farm in Indiana in the mid 60's (high school years), the words "tattoo", body piercing, women smoking cigars and women who were meat butchers/cops/firemen/Executives/etc. just didn't exsist. I think that it is great that women are now in these occupations, but back then.......not heard of.
Like I stated in another Thread, the old military type tattoos are fine, but the this generation of tattoos has gotten somewhat "out of control" and don't like any of the body piercings. And, yes, I (and my wife) do judge people for how they look, how they talk (can't stand the "f" word being used) and how they act. Won't be around smokers either.
Bottom line, never got a tattoo and am GLAD of it.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:57 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,411,742 times
I got a massage the other day from a beautiful young girl. She had porcelain skin. I was talking to her afterwards and noticed she had her tongue pierced. She told me she also had several tattoos. It made me sad. I said, "You don't need to do those things. You don't realize how beautiful you are."

Old 12-26-2007, 07:06 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,569,085 times
I never wanted one. It never even crossed my mind, and I've never really understood the appeal. I try not to judge people solely on their tattoos, but yes, if they have tattoos and piercings, then it takes me more time to see that they're actually nice, decent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty