Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 02:01 PM

417 posts, read 434,123 times

Advertisements

'sacred' not scared. correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 03:22 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,695,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
LOL.. I think I might been misunderstood..My feeling this, I don't care how dress or undress someone is I can only control myself and how I react.. Likewise for men, and to carry it further wheather your partner looks or not really comes down to trust...
I agreed with your agreement with Kitten I should have mentioned I was making an addendum to the way out there slant this topic has taken.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:29 PM

706 posts, read 1,181,697 times
Okely Dokely neighbor *thumbs up*

Old 06-09-2014, 04:09 PM

9,826 posts, read 11,577,462 times
I read a study a while back that basically stated, women dress up only to impress other women
If I remember,It was a 5 year study of 100 women that were married but dressed up to go dancing/clubbing and other social events regularly.
I have no problem with it!

Old 06-09-2014, 04:22 PM

I don't dress to impress other women....but honestly, some women can be so petty and insecure that their reactions to a woman whose attire they disapprove of can make for quite an amusing night out.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:25 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,597,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
I agreed with your agreement with Kitten I should have mentioned I was making an addendum to the way out there slant this topic has taken.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:31 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,597,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
I've seen a lot of men get jealous over the years if another guy looks at their wife or girlfriend.
When my husband was younger he get upset if men hit on me or looked me up and down but as time went on he understood I belong to him and I wasn't going anywhere, he knew he could trust me and likewise . We been together 32 years now ...

Old 06-09-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
When my husband was younger he get upset if men hit on me or looked me up and down but as time went on he understood I belong to him and I wasn't going anywhere, he knew he could trust me and likewise . We been together 32 years now ...

Awesome and congrats!

Trust is everything in a marriage. My parents will be married 41 years in September...my grandparents were married 60 before my grandfather passed. They both stressed the importance of trust as the key to a lasting marriage.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:17 PM

417 posts, read 434,123 times
its not just trust...its also respect..a wife who walks around with her husband like she is still on display and hangs out all her goodies would likely evoke a negative reaction from a husband who respects her as a person.
Between...it may be amusing to see some insecure woman's petty reaction...oft stated comments from ''other women'' and women with low standards...nice way to justify that someone really needs attention and dresses to show off...either to other men or women...
i think that displays insecurity Big time.
as i said, to each their own...i don't care how ''confidently'' a woman walks around in skimpy clothes in public she will attract lust or disgust or maybe some women wanting to emulate the fake the fake feeling of superficial attention and the ego boost...trust remains in marriages...but respect for those other women may not.
to each their own...with all the trust in the world its a level of respect one shows for one's partner by dressing like a wife and not like an easy breezy.

this topic has gotten wayyy too far with personal comments and attacks on calling others insecure or calling on others husbands or marriages.
I think this should be a stalling point. One can also return to give labels of easy women low morals or lack of respect for others (not to mention one's own partner..why should one strut stuff off for other men and hope the husband will be SECURE enough not to worry? why should one do that? and such...

anyways to each their own. its not cool to make personal attacks on others because one wants to do what one wants in PUBLIC space, not one's own house. One can call others insecure and petty all they want, but it really shows the insecurity lack of respect on those who strut their stuff to get attention by strangers. and want their husbands to go along. sorry...that aint look like very respectable or actually confidant women.

thats my opinion.

i think this topic should either be closed or kept to non-personal statements. Im outta here. Its gotten too hostile.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,689,064 times
How do you dress like a wife? By the way I dress, you can't tell by looking if I'm married or single. I'm not super conservative in the way I dress nor am I a skimpy dresser. I do dress in figure-flattering clothes because frumpy just isn't a good look for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty