Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 08:31 PM

543 posts, read 1,000,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
And my point still stands that the white men do do generally date out are not quality.
David Bowie is one of my favorite musicians...he's actually quite talented. Hardly a "low quality" man!!!!!!

He has been married (for over 20 years) to a Somali former super model.

Quote:
And I know he's married to a black woman and it was said he received hell for it among his circle of friends and that they never did and still don't accept his wife.
Well, those are not real friends. He better get rid of them.

Quote:
because white men-black women is extremely uncommon. And who wants to claim the rejects that stoop that low, ya
Is not that uncommon around military towns and cities like Portland (OR) or Austin (TX).

Old 06-10-2014, 08:35 PM

877 posts, read 1,317,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Link please? George Lucas and Mellody Hobson had been together for years before they decided to marry. Somehow, I doubt that he would have a bunch of racists as close friends.

Are you sure you are not just inventing a lot of this stuff?
You can easily search this.

And having preferences isn't racist, nor is believing that people should stick within their own race/ethnicity.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
David Bowie is one of my favorite musicians...he's actually quite talented. Hardly a "low quality" man!!!!!!

He has been married (for over 20 years) to a Somali former super model.

Well, those are not real friends. He better get rid of them.

Is not that uncommon around military towns and cities like Portland (OR) or Austin (TX).
David Bowie is a quality man? While I love his music, he's not exactly what I'd call desirable...

And black woman-white man relationships are the least common relationships in the US, not that it means anything. But it is extremely rare, versus white man-hispanic woman or white man-asian woman. But statistically most stick and marry their own.

There's nothing wrong with that though. it's only natural

Old 06-10-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Try comparing apples to apples.

Tika Sumpter is a working actress with a solid IMDB and a stars in a series on OWN.

Joan Smalls is a working supermodel with name recognition and highly coveted ad campaigns including Gucci, Chanel, Fendi, and many more LUXURY brands. Her career is superior to the younger yet also well known Cara Delevingne at this point. They also happen to be close friends.

The references to Miley Cyrus and Kim K are random and pointless. One is a singer and the other is known for a sex tape.
Herp derp. Joan Smalls-Cara-Candice

One or two are more famous than the other

Tika I was comparing to Miley & Kim. There's no reason that I can't compare their fame considering they are celebrities. May not be in the same profession but they all have the opportunity to be equally famous. Perhaps it would have made you feel better if I'd said Tika versus Angelina Jolie

Old 06-10-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
David Bowie is a quality man? While I love his music, he's not exactly what I'd call desirable...

And black woman-white man relationships are the least common relationships in the US, not that it means anything. But it is extremely rare, versus white man-hispanic woman or white man-asian woman. But statistically most stick and marry their own.

There's nothing wrong with that though. it's only natural
Back in the 70's, he was very handsome. He's also talented and wealthy. I find him very desireable!!!!!

Old 06-10-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Herp derp. Joan Smalls-Cara-Candice

One or two are more famous than the other

Tika I was comparing to Miley & Kim. There's no reason that I can't compare their fame considering they are celebrities. May not be in the same profession but they all have the opportunity to be equally famous. Perhaps it would have made you feel better if I'd said Tika versus Angelina Jolie
I know Joan, but had never heard of Cara.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:44 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,692,443 times
Quote:
You can easily search this..
You made the assertion, so why not prove it?

Quote:

And having preferences isn't racist, nor is believing that people should stick within their own race/ethnicity.
Come again? You complained that George Lucas' friends dropped him because he married a black woman, and that's not racist of them?

Do you feel okay?

Making things up?

I won't use the "T" word, but have you signed in previously under different usernames?

Old 06-10-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
You made the assertion, so why not prove it?

Come again? You said George Lucas' friends dropped him because he married a black woman, and that's not racist?

Do you feel okay?

I won't use the "T" word, but have you signed in previously under different usernames?
Yes, I feel perfectly fine. And again, I'll reiterate, you can easily google this.

And no, that's not racist. I have friends whose parents are not comfortable with them having non-(insert their race) friends, so they simply ask their daughters or sons that they not bring them around.
Well, what's wrong with that? If they know it will put them in an awkward position they shouldn't.

I know a lot of guys who aren't comfortable with certain interracial couples and when a few of my sorority sisters have dated out (which is rare), they never brought them to formals/mixers because they knew the fraternity guys we pair with aren't comfortable with it.

We are all entitled to our preferences. And if we don't grow up around something, then it isn't normal or natural to us. Why do you think people stare at disabled folks (I don't stare but I've seen people staring) or at obese people? Well, to a lot of folks, whites and blacks mixing is not natural. Or IR dating/marriage may not be natural. Or homosexuality.

My grandparents practically disowned my mother because she married interracially--they didn't believe in IR marriage. And til this day my aunt doesn't and she refers to my father by certain ''racist'' terms. But that's how they grew up and it doesn't matter as long as no one is being hurt

I have no reasons to troll this dull website. While I enjoy the website, y'all aren't exactly what I call 'fun.'

Old 06-10-2014, 09:01 PM

26 posts, read 33,032 times
I've read the 23 pages and this "coffeedonughts" person seems like a self-hater. I won't say "troll", as I'm a scientist and I need evidence to suggest/support such a claim. I can say with confidence that, based on their posting history in this thread, they come off a little ___-washed. Fill in the blank.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:17 PM

I find that those who oppose interracial relations on the basis of "races shouldn't mix" are very ignorant, especially if they're white.

Why? The white ethnicities wouldn't exist they way they exist now if it wasn't because Neanderthals and Sapiens interbred. It's true, just look at all the fossil registries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.