Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 11:05 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,029,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Smiles are simply most attractive on most people, to most people. If you don't care, then sure, go ahead and sit there with a b*tchy face. But then don't come around complaining that guys don't approach you. You know full well what the problem is.
True.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 01:00 PM

88,734 posts, read 85,100,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGen SFan View Post
I get annoyed whenever people say "Victoria Beckham needs to smile" because I've always had the same problem she and a lot of you have in this thread.

Normally my mouth looks like it's frowning or pouting. I can only smile when I find something funny (a comedy movie or joke), at something cute (cats & sometimes babies), or when stoned on pot (but haven't smoked it in a long time).

Back in high school, my HS counselor called me into her office to talk to me about looking sad. When I told her I wasn't sad about anything, she just told me to wear a smile as if it were that easy. Not that I didn't ever wear a smile to school, I was sometimes stoned at school.

A friend's new girlfriend one time pointed out she could tell right off that I was stoned because she said I never smiled except when stoned.

Before my teen years, a neighborhood friend used to sometimes bully me by making frowny pouting faces at me to mock me and kick me in the shins. She changed later on and became friendly, but I think the reason she used to pick on me was because of my tendency to have a sad expression on my face when my mood's neutral.

I've also had people smile at me then soon after frown and act offended when I didn't smile back. I don't think I'm autistic or depressed, but I don't react to smiles by smiling back like a lot of people do. Instead I tend to wonder why they're smiling at me and turn away, not out of shyness but because I have no idea how to explain why I don't automatically smile back like a normal person.

It's silly when people expect others to be able to just smile on command. In the past, I spent time in front of a mirror trying to learn to smile on command, but my fake smile looked too obviously fake, so I gave up and don't fake it.

I could easily wear a constant smile if I'd walk around with a cat, happy babies, or smoked pot, but why should I or anyone have to do things just to satisfy someone who has issues about other people's facial expressions or other appearances?
I think you need to start smoking weed again. And carry a kitten.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:57 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,814,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Funny.

My favorite part is seeing the HOT AT&T commercial girl in it. She is beautiful.
Whoa. I agree with KG on something. Milana Vayntrub is hot.

Old 12-09-2014, 04:35 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,075,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Oh I know exactly what you're talking about! It's a genetic trait that has been handed down in our family and even has a name with us--they call it the "Fowler scowl." LOL. My uncle had it bad at 16 and I have a picture of him looking like a thug--didn't help that he had a unibrow besides. Fortunately I took after the other side of the family and it does seem to be dying out, though I'm sure it will show up again in another generation and everyone will be wondering where that came from. My sympathy is with you--my uncle is a rather pleasant man except when he's deep in thought.
Same inherited facial expression in my family as well. People will assume some of us are angry or mad about something, when in actuality, we are quite content.

I had a boss who had it out for me, don't ask me why because I was never able to get to the bottom of it. But nevertheless, she would chastise me for being unapproachable and that coworkers complained 'constantly' about me. I knew she was lying about the complaints after I went to the extreme and made sure I had a stupid grin on my face every second at work. . . and yet, here she came with the same complaint....I just considered the source and let it go.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:25 AM

9,018 posts, read 13,869,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittykatt View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if you had a BRF to match with that rotten b*tchy attitude.
How is that a bitchy attitude?
Are you a male that thinks women deserve to smile so he can feel good?

What next,do i owe you my wallet?

Nobody has the right to tell someone what to do with their own body,and that includes their mouths....

An attitude is walking into someone and not saying excuse me.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:27 AM

9,018 posts, read 13,869,361 times
I wonder if botox can fix the corners of the mouth to stay up

Old 12-11-2014, 06:57 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,408,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I wonder if botox can fix the corners of the mouth to stay up
lol...I'd be afraid I would look like the Joker!

Old 12-11-2014, 01:38 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,213,783 times
as a guy, I have this problem too. I just can't help it. by the way, in what universe is it okay for someone to just go up to a person and say "smile"??? I don't see how that would accomplish anything. if I am in a neutral mood and someone does that, it just makes me angry. don't do that. it is rude and I will just ignore you or purposely give you a dirty look.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:52 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,204,349 times
I may have that problem. With people think I am mad, and I'm not, just minding my own business. So, it sucks for pictures. If I don't smile, I look mean or bored. If I do smile, I think my lips and nose are too big, and it enhances the bigness lol So, I just take no pictures anymore.

Ah, some are just cursed with a mean-looking face where they have to smile for people to think they are mad, or bored.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:50 PM

732 posts, read 970,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think you need to start smoking weed again. And carry a kitten.
I'd need to find a rare pot-smoking kitten because weed's more for social occasions and none of my current friends smoke weed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty