Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 05:38 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,186,738 times

Advertisements

I once calculated how much money I'd saved by not getting manicures, and at my age, it's thousands of dollars, even adjusting for inflation. My friend talked me into getting a pedicure last year - my first - and after I left, I wondered what the heck I'd just spent $25 + tip for. Do your own nails!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 07:31 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,162,445 times
How do these people wipe?

Old 04-11-2014, 07:56 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,185,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
How do these people wipe?

That was one of my first thoughts!

Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,565,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I still prefer the old fashioned French manicures. Am I the only one who dislikes the 3D manicure?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YK3fTWJQc0...-Nails-art.jpg

Oh my God! This is the first I have seen of this trend and no, you couldn't be the only one because I'm right there with you. Just awful!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:06 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,931,974 times
I have to admit, my first reaction was to laugh at the Hello Kitty nails. There was something they reminded me of - but what??

Then it hit me: finger puppets! Wow, you could put on quite a show with ten little Hello Kitties on your fingertips!

But that's about the only productive thing you could do.

As for the blingy versions, well, maybe for an evening of performance art - the performer being the manicurist and the performance being the application of the flashy bits to the nails. Preferably done for charity, and quickly to be removed once the event was over.

Hey, you could do a finger-puppet performance for charity as well, maybe for the local Humane Society, since after all, it's Hello Kitty...

Getting late and I'm getting spacy. I've never seen such fingertip adornment in real life, and that's fine with me, since it's a fashion which screams "look at
m-e-e-e-!!!" (or maybe, "Look at m-e-e-e-o-o-o=w!", in the case of the Hello Kitty nails), but which seems completely incompatible with the demands of daily life, and no doubt is expensive to create and almost impossible to maintain.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:07 PM

39,325 posts, read 27,709,507 times
I am surprised that some of you have never seen these, here in southern California (LA county, orange county, riverside county, san bernardino county) we have women wear this kind of manicure all the time.

Let's see some pictures.

http://s3-media4.ak.yelpcdn.com/bpho...uI8fBemg/l.jpg

http://s3-media4.ak.yelpcdn.com/bpho...ROnSOnDw/l.jpg

http://ilovemanicures.info/slides/Wh...20Manicure.jpg

http://s3-media4.ak.yelpcdn.com/bpho...HsCahzkQ/l.jpg

Old 04-11-2014, 09:08 PM

39,325 posts, read 27,709,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I have to admit, my first reaction was to laugh at the Hello Kitty nails. There was something they reminded me of - but what??

Then it hit me: finger puppets! Wow, you could put on quite a show with ten little Hello Kitties!

But that's about the only productive thing you could do. As for the blingy versions, well, maybe for an evening of performance art - the performer being the manicurist. Preferably done for charity, and quickly to be removed once the event was over. Hey, you could do a finger-puppet performance for charity as well, maybe for the local Humane Society, since after all, it's Hello Kitty...

Getting late and I'm getting spacy. I've never seen such fingertip adornment in real life, and that's fine with me, since it's a fashion which screams "look at
m-e-e-e-!!!" (or maybe, "Look at m-e-e-e-o-o-o=w!", in the case of the Hello Kitty nails), but which seems completely incompatible with the demands of daily life, and no doubt is expensive to create and almost impossible to maintain.
hahahha

Old 04-11-2014, 09:27 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,952,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I still prefer the old fashioned French manicures. Am I the only one who dislikes the 3D manicure?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YK3fTWJQc0...-Nails-art.jpg

yikes!

I don't even like regular polished fingernails, so that is just.. I....I don't even know what to say about that. lol.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:49 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,367,658 times
Maybe if it was Easter? And that was candy? And I was in church? And I got hungry? That would be cool!

Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,949,620 times
Wow.....I haven't seen those yet....thank goodness!

I remember getting rhinestones put on to look like a flower when getting a pedicure back in the day but they were so small and wouldn't get caught on anything. Those you posted look unhygienic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty