Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 11:42 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,697,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
When I got to my duty station (Army) I asked the guys in my unit what they usually did when they got back from the field. I was quite surprised to hear a good majority of the guys said they went and got pedicures. Id never had one before and once i got one done I was hooked. Do I know any guys personally who get their nails done? No, but that doesnt mean theres not any; it simply means I dont pay attention.
To the person who gave me the rep point for this post: yes it is a true story and you're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 11:59 AM

19,579 posts, read 9,587,000 times
I've seen and heard of guys getting a manicure. Guys can get splits and tears to the nail where it can rip off and bleed. [shivers]. I've offered to file my guy's nails but he doesn't go for that much. Tried to get him to go for a manicure and a massage. Figuring it'd be good for his back but he hasn't taken me up on that - just yet. Not saying a guy needs to go every 2 or 3 weeks but once in a while couldn't hurt.

As for gossip mags. No, don't really get into that but will occasionally get a laugh at the headliners when you're waiting in the grocery check-out lines.

Buy weaves? No. I know DH wishes he had the hair from his early years but getting a weave is not on his top 10 list of things he wants. Not a weave, a wig or plugs anyways. Knew a couple guys that opted for plugs and wig but neither really helped.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:51 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,760,617 times
It's very very common for male executives to get manicures (not French tips, though). My old boss got one every week. Other execs notice things like rough hands or scuffed-up shoes.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:17 PM

I went through drive thru last night for a shake and the guy working there had freshly manicured nails with light pink nail polish. Didnt bother me at all. Actually thought it looked good.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:39 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,972,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I went through drive thru last night for a shake and the guy working there had freshly manicured nails with light pink nail polish. Didnt bother me at all. Actually thought it looked good.
My Dad was in the diamond and pearl wholesale business. In those days a businessman would have his nails manicured ... but no polish, just buffed. He was fussy about his suits and ties as well. You see, if you're showing a tray of diamonds worth tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars your hands and nails had to look perfect.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:15 PM

111 posts, read 340,587 times
I read gossip magazines. So does my brother and one of my uncles.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:50 PM

I will occasionally read a Cosmopolitan. Theyre always full of product recommendations (almost like a beauty product consumer reports mag).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty