Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:46 AM

2,619 posts, read 7,030,095 times

Advertisements

If a guy is going commando, provided he's not wearing tight pants, is it even obvious to anybody? What's the give-away, swinging or movement? And is this something people actually check out? Who knew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,656 times
I go commando all the time and there are a few reasons.

I exercise a lot and change my clothes several times a day. Since I shower and change my clothes two or three times a day, hygiene is not an issue.

Underwear = wedgies. I don't like wedgies.

Underwear also costs $.

Underwear creates more laundry to do.

There have been a couple times lately that I wish I'd had underwear on like when my yoga instructor started letting me kiss him then his hand moved down to my warm happy area, I wish there had been some cute sexy underwear for him to push out of the way first.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:32 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
are you sharon stone?
Lmao thankfully, no

Hmm.....but ppl shouldn't knock it....
It's liberating & exhilarating

Old 03-03-2014, 01:48 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
For those who don't know ... "going commando" is a slang term for not wearing any underwear under your clothes.

Here at C-D there are folks of every opinion, pursuasion, and lifestyle; therefore I will ask the question: do you ever "go commando"? What is your reason? What are the benefits? Perhaps you tried it and you'll never do it again? Do you consider it sexy?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Haven't worn underwear in well over a decade, closer to two decades, lol!

From a functional standpoint, it's better for your vaginal health to not wear underwear; the tight fitting underwear that is popular for women, is BAD for your girlie bits. It traps all that heat and bacteria in close to you and will grow like the dickens!

It's not a matter of sexiness in my house, it's functionality.

But it is an added bonus when hubby and I are "in the mood" and there is one less barrier to cross to get to the promised land, so to speak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
It's a hygiene issue as far as I'm concerned and a big no no.
What's un-hygenic about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethe View Post
Rarely. Too difficult to hide for guys. Maybe in the summer with shorts (why wear shorts underneath shorts?) but even then its only around the house.
How so? Hubby's been commando for longer than I have, and it's never been an issue on "hiding" that status, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I personally don't find it to be sanitary. For this reason alone, I've never done it when going out in public.
Again, what's un-hygenic about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
No, hygiene issue for me too.
I do go "commando" sometimes if I'm wearing a long floaty skirt in summer though.
Again, what is so un-hygenic about not wearing a piece of material that traps dirt, heat, and bacteria close to your vagina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
I know where the term originated. While I agree that the term is stupid in modern society, the original purpose isn't.

When on extended military operations in jungle environments such as Southeast Asia, wearing underwear or socks generally causes raging fungus infections and other serious disorders in the covered areas. The hot, wet & humid climate combined with the extra layer -- almost always cotton, which retains moisture like crazy -- in constant, direct contact with the skin creates ideal growth conditions.

Therefore the special forces, aka "Commandoes", of the US, Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, and etc. (e.g. Army Green Berets & Rangers, Navy SEALs, Marine Force Recon and Scout-Snipers, and others), generally wear neither underwear nor socks while on their missions in hot/wet/humid environments. They aren't 'being cool' -- they're just trying to stay reasonably healthy.
Well said! Also Scotsmen "go commando" while wearing kilts.

As a woman born, raised, and living in an area that routinely gets 100+ degrees with 95%+ humidity, it's stupid to wear underwear in the summer in this area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You just have to decide if you want that all directly on your clothes (especially if you're going to wear those pants more than once.)

EWWWW nasty! some of you guys think not wearing underwear is un-hygenic?! Wearing dirty clothes over again is nasty and un-hygenic!

Seriously, who does that?! Gross. Especially when you consider what those pants/shirt/clothes interact with on a daily basis.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:53 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times
Pretty much always when wearing jeans or shorts. I find underwear to be a huge nuisance! It's always moving around, getting in places, restrictive. I'm clean, shower daily, and know how to wash my clothes, so no hygene issues But I do wear them with dress pants if I have to wear them for work sometimes.

Old 03-03-2014, 02:07 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,212,867 times
Some of us can't hide it. Made the mistake of wearing gym shorts to the pool one summer and went off the diving board and came out of the cold water sporting wood! Not a thing I could do but wave.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:05 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Some of us can't hide it. Made the mistake of wearing gym shorts to the pool one summer and went off the diving board and came out of the cold water sporting wood! Not a thing I could do but wave.
Wearing thin material "commando", probably not a good thing lol! I don't go commando at the gym in certain types of shorts.

And speaking of which, there's this nasty old man at my gym (by old, I mean 60s by my guess) who wears spandex shorts commando.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:06 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Have a nephew who had to go into the doctors office.. About 7 or 8 years old.. Doctor told him to strip down to his underwear and she'd be right back.

He wound up swinging in the wind(as much as is possible for an 8 year old) on the table for about 15 minutes waiting for her to come back with his pants laid across his crotch.

Doctor said it wasn't that unusual anymore and that she ran into quite a number of kids and adults who would forego underwear.

I think it's not the greatest idea for kids to go to school commando.. Mainly because.. Well.. boys will be boys and getting pantsed is probably going to be far more embarrassing sans-drawers. Of course, that's not to say that the pants-er might not get both with one go.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:24 PM

11,109 posts, read 9,750,713 times
I frequently wear my jeans 2 or 3 times before washing. I think they get more comfortable with each wearing. Commando in that situation would be pretty disgusting. Seriously it is just not sanitary and don't try telling me you don't know why! Bodily effluents end up on your undergarments and are easily washed away w/ laundry soap and hot water. I sometimes change underwear more than once a day just because, especially after working out at the gym. I do remember the most ridiculous situation when a dude visited our campsite one summer and he was commando and wearing shorts. He kept leaning back in his chair as we sat around the fire, with his legs crossed "guy-style". OMG, he was hanging out. We had to tell him to put that mouse back in its house because children were present. I think he was just trolling for ladies.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:17 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,567,610 times
As often as I can get away with it, and still get into heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty