Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 02:40 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,350,064 times

Advertisements

I'd rather be sold wrinkle cream by airbrushed Diane Keaton than by airbrushed 16 year old model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 03:04 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times
You know that woman is twisted . Did she not run over her own dog a few years back and laughed or giggled about it when asked about it ? Not someone I would put much stock in at all .So I dont believe Dianne k does not have any wrinkles when in fact she does .ugh

Old 01-16-2014, 03:07 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Hasn't Diane Keaton made enough money from her film career that she shouldn't need to get involved in falsely advertising beauty products?
Lols , in Hollywood you can never have enough money.

Most beauty product consumers know the best products come from dermatologists and aren't sold on infomercials, department stores or local cosmetics isle, but buy into commercial propaganda anyway.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:16 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
I don't know why Diane Keaton is getting thrown under the bus so much by this. ALL makeup commercials do airbrushing, special lenses etc.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:27 PM

260 posts, read 337,837 times
It's not the point that Diane Keaton has wrinkles. At age 68 it's not surprising that people who age naturally will have them, and frankly it's quite refreshing to see a normally aging celebrity. It's that L'Oreal is using her face to sell anti-wrinkle cream and they have retouched her pictures to minimize her wrinkles way more than their cream can ever do. It's not the cream minimizing her wrinkles it's the photography. It is deceptive and in this case, to the extreme.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:30 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,954,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
You know that woman is twisted . Did she not run over her own dog a few years back and laughed or giggled about it when asked about it ? Not someone I would put much stock in at all .So I dont believe Dianne k does not have any wrinkles when in fact she does .ugh
She also considers Woody Allen a paragon of virtue, too!

Old 01-16-2014, 03:36 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times
Make-up and special effects. I love Diane Keaton though.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:46 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I don't know why Diane Keaton is getting thrown under the bus so much by this. ALL makeup commercials do airbrushing, special lenses etc.
Seriously.

Her hair is AMAZING though.

I can't believe there are people who don't know those ads are so fake.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:31 PM

698 posts, read 960,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaCat View Post
It's not the point that Diane Keaton has wrinkles. At age 68 it's not surprising that people who age naturally will have them, and frankly it's quite refreshing to see a normally aging celebrity. It's that L'Oreal is using her face to sell anti-wrinkle cream and they have retouched her pictures to minimize her wrinkles way more than their cream can ever do. It's not the cream minimizing her wrinkles it's the photography. It is deceptive and in this case, to the extreme.
It's infuriating
All these ads do is convey to women and men, that women with wrinkles are not beautiful.

That's why I like Jamie Lee Curtis, she did a photo spread some years back, all natural, she would not let them Photoshop her body at all. And I love that she doesn't color her hair!

Old 01-16-2014, 08:04 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,267,127 times
I believe that was in More magazine -- she was the cover, in all perfection. On the inside they started it from beginning to end -- and how it took three hours to make her up and strap her in.... and then the airbrushing.

It's sad -- I can remember when mascara ads showed women in mascara and not in loads of fake lashes and mascara. In fact -- I was incredibly disappointed in mascara because I used to have lashes like the ads... I thought it was my fault. I tried new mascara, I tried expensive mascara... nothing worked.

I had to really look at the ads to see it wasn't me.

Sort of the thing with clothing, too -- I just hate when I see perfectly lovely women hate themselves over clothing not fitting. Women can really beat themselves up over it.

It's not YOU, it's the CLOTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty