Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2013, 01:55 PM

290 posts, read 367,271 times

Advertisements

^ Bifocals should be added to your outfit at 30 too. So everyone knows you are "old." Excuse me, "mature."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 01:58 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,600,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
I have to say that I TOTALLY disagree. I don't give a rats AZZ what anyone wears. Let them wear whatever they want. How could it make a difference to my life?

Old 10-26-2013, 03:36 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,415,723 times
Quote:
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes. Grown ups wear grown up clothes. Wearing T-shirts with logos or graphics on them is for teenagers. Skinny jeans are effeminate and make one look like a homosexual. Baggy jeans are low class and ugly. Whatever happened to grown men who wear adult clothes?

The appropriate shoes for men aged 25 years and older would be monks, oxfords, derbies, and loafers. Grown men also wear button up shirts and polos. NOT short sleeve t-shirts with logos, wife beaters, sports jerseys and other low brow immature styles.

Anyone else agree?
what's a monk? a derby?

Old 10-26-2013, 04:45 PM

270 posts, read 704,373 times
Quote:

Anyone else agree?
Man, I came to this country for democracy. I can wear whatever I want to wear Don't judge the book by its cover.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:26 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,133,496 times
Who the hell are you to tell me what to wear?

Old 10-26-2013, 07:20 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,744,697 times
Honestly the OP sounds like a douche judging from the first post (or maybe he/she is just trolling who knows).

Unless I am at work or some other formal event such as a funeral or wedding, I am going to dress in which manner is most comfortable which to me means a t shirt, jeans, and a pair of sneakers.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:44 PM

317 posts, read 577,313 times
i wear whatever feels comfortable and im over 25, flip flops and pajama pants, tshirts with logos like infidel and i support single moms

Old 10-26-2013, 08:43 PM

21,922 posts, read 25,263,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Hahahaha!

No, I do not agree.

How old are YOU? And what the heck are monks and derbies?
Old people shoes.

I kind of dig monks, but derbies are decidedly for old people. And hipsters pretending to dress up like their grandfathers. Still, if you see a guy under 90 wearing monk straps there's a good chance he's wearing skinny jeans and his 12-year-old younger brothers tweed jacket with a bow tie. Why? Nobody knows. Hell, I don't even know why his 12-year-old brother HAS a tweed jacket, let alone why you'd wear it with monkstraps and a bow tie.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:23 PM

35,773 posts, read 21,148,087 times
says who??? some one has too much time on their hands

Old 10-26-2013, 11:50 PM

3,736 posts, read 5,792,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyst View Post
The men in my classes for OLLI members at the local college--yes, they are older, mostly retired businessmen or professors and gentlemen--wear polos, button down shirts and Dockers. You will not see any T-shirts, baggy shorts, or jeans unless they are clean and pressed, usually the jeans are paired with a jacket. In other words, these men look like adults, even though casually dressed. Even my son-in-law, who is north of 40, wears baggy cargo shorts, flip-flops, logo T-shirts, and has tattoos (perpetual teenager, IMO).
If my husband showed up in Dockers, or in jeans that had been 'pressed', I'd DIVORCE him. (mainly because if he showed up in cheap "slacks" like 'Dockers', or in something as tacky as "pressed" bluejeans, it would mean he was not really my DH, but a Pod Person - and that the Body Snatchers had done away with my real husband).

And as for the men described above, if I'd seen them, I would have assumed that they'd been dressed by controlling old biddies who thought they needed to pick out clothes for their husbands.The whole point of bluejeans is that they are rough-and-tumble, wash-and-wear, ultra-casual clothing. Trying to make them "dressy" or "neat" is beyond nauseating.

Soooo.... are the jackets "paired" with these "pressed" jeans and "Dockers" those cheap, unlined cotton things Buick-driving grannies in the Heartland get at the mall for their husbands? You know... with the epaulets... ?

And as for the Original post.... What's wrong with looking like "Homosexuals"? I'd think Cary Grant would have been one of OP's sartorial role models.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 10-27-2013 at 12:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty