Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 06:58 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,638,064 times

Advertisements

I totally agree with the OP. I'm a guy and I'm under 25 and even I think it's ridiculous seeing 30 year-old grown men wearing hipster clothing and converse or high-top shoes with tattoo sleeves to match. Ugh. I mean, it's okay maybe once in a blue moon to sport for comfort. But to make it your daily sense of fashion is appalling. Men of this generation need to grow up and be the man that they were made to be. It seems like alot of men refuse to grow up and are trying to hold on to this image or lifestyle of being a badass. Even though they might have 2 or 3 kids in tow. Time for these guys to hang up the towel and start dressing more maturely and conservatively. I've never been one to stan for European culture but they have one thing right. They put effort into their appearance and has something called modesty and class that alot of people lack over here. We need to go back to the old days of when women dressed feminine and men dressed with suave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 08:08 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,178,705 times
If you are "appalled" by how other people dress I can only imagine how you get through life. Good luck with that.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:26 AM

22,619 posts, read 47,758,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I totally agree with the OP. I'm a guy and I'm under 25 and even I think it's ridiculous seeing 30 year-old grown men wearing hipster clothing and converse or high-top shoes with tattoo sleeves to match. Ugh. I mean, it's okay maybe once in a blue moon to sport for comfort. But to make it your daily sense of fashion is appalling. Men of this generation need to grow up and be the man that they were made to be. It seems like alot of men refuse to grow up and are trying to hold on to this image or lifestyle of being a badass. Even though they might have 2 or 3 kids in tow. Time for these guys to hang up the towel and start dressing more maturely and conservatively.
So... when you turn 25, you will toss out all the clothes of your youth,"hang up the towel and start dressing more maturely and conservatively"?
Really?

Old 10-25-2013, 08:27 AM

170 posts, read 203,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
By the by, Converse has been making sneakers since 1917 and Chucks have been around since 1927 when Charles "Chuck" Taylor signed on with Converse in 1923. They were G.I. issue starting in WWII and at least the 1970's when I was issued a pair in boot camp. As far as I am concerned they are as classic a look as the wingtips or "Gucci" loafer.
I'm sorry but "Chucks" are not classic or classy. Wingtips on the other hand.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:32 AM

22,619 posts, read 47,758,002 times
OP, you are back!

Please... how old are you; what are monks and derbies?

Old 10-25-2013, 08:41 AM

Sorry guys Chuck Taylors are not grown up shoes.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
OP, you are back!

Please... how old are you; what are monks and derbies?
Monk

Derby

Old 10-25-2013, 08:45 AM

505 posts, read 941,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
Sorry guys Chuck Taylors are not grown up shoes.
So, tell us about yourself. For starters, how old are you?

Old 10-25-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamealreadytaken View Post
so, tell us about yourself. For starters, how old are you?

Old 10-25-2013, 09:14 AM

105 posts, read 247,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I totally agree with the OP. I'm a guy and I'm under 25 and even I think it's ridiculous seeing 30 year-old grown men wearing hipster clothing and converse or high-top shoes with tattoo sleeves to match. Ugh. I mean, it's okay maybe once in a blue moon to sport for comfort. But to make it your daily sense of fashion is appalling. Men of this generation need to grow up and be the man that they were made to be. It seems like alot of men refuse to grow up and are trying to hold on to this image or lifestyle of being a badass. Even though they might have 2 or 3 kids in tow. Time for these guys to hang up the towel and start dressing more maturely and conservatively. I've never been one to stan for European culture but they have one thing right. They put effort into their appearance and has something called modesty and class that alot of people lack over here. We need to go back to the old days of when women dressed feminine and men dressed with suave.
I have to love these reactionary posts. Your opinions on how people should dress does not outweigh the opinions of others. Society changes over the years and that includes casual attire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty