Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 08:17 AM

324 posts, read 655,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
90% sure you are jealous or insecure of yourself. It's just clothes, relax.

Not insecure at all. Listen I been through all the phases.. grungy, goth, preppy, slutty etc... done it all. oh wait I grew up! When women and men get to a certain age it's fine to dress how you want, however do not confuse dressing how you want does not always translate well for other people.

She states, she dresses how she wants and doesn't care what people think, then she says she dresses to show off. hmmmm sounds like she does care what people think.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:21 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
His coworkers have complimented him on having an attractive wife
Hmm. But do they say, "Man your wife is hot!" (looking at your body) or "Your wife is pretty" (looking at your face).

There is a huge difference. But whatever. To each their own.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:24 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
I have an album of pics but I don't know if they are visible to the public.

ETA...I checked they were marked private. They're public now.
Ermmmm...I see why they stare now.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,928,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
The bottom line is: all people judge other people about everything. That's human nature, unfortunately.
So, wear what you want without breaking any decency laws.
I realized after posting this that in today's society there probably are no longer "decency laws" as in: indecent exposure. That used to be a common term decades ago. Now I believe a person would have to literally be totally naked, in public, for that term to apply.

I believe the OP intended this thread to go in a different direction; however, it went where so many other threads have gone and is just another repeat. blah-blah-blah!

Like I said before: all people judge other people about everything, just in different degrees.

Last edited by geebabe; 10-21-2013 at 09:11 AM..

Old 10-21-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
And you have made an assumption that I dress slutty which is not at all the case.

Wearing a pair of shorts with a 3-5 inch inseam vs. Shorts that come to the knee (the length at which it seems most people think women my age should wear shorts) is not slutty. They are not daisy dukes and no part of my butt is visible.

Wearing a skirt that is 1-2 inches (the average length of he skirts I wear) above the knee is also not

I also don't consider a vneck shirt that shows a little cleavage to be slutty. But everyone has a different idea of what dressing slutty actually means....clearly.
I see nothing wrong with the length of your shorts and skirts. I wish I had beautiful legs to wear those.

Congrats on taking such good care of yourself!

Old 10-21-2013, 09:14 AM

Just standing in line to check out for groceries we're surrounded by musc magazines and cheap gossip papers doing nothing but judging celebrities. Too fat, drunk again, cheating, wrinkles, bad hair etc... it's usually not good!

It's not only Human Nature to judge, I think we're conditioned by the media.

Kitten if thats what she wants to cal herself at 38, seems to believe people are judging her in a positive way or jealous. In some ways I think sometimes its a positive thing to being oblivious to such things, but on the other hand will she she have a lucid moment when she suddenly is aware and becomes embarrassed?

I guess if she is happy, that's all that really matters in the end of the day, her kids feelings.. who cares right?

Old 10-21-2013, 09:16 AM

706 posts, read 1,180,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I think this is the most telling quote of all.

Women who dress so that other people will look at their body.
I work out 6 days out of the week...I'm a figure competitor and yes, I'm quite proud of the visible results of my work. So yes, I like wearing clothes that show off my hard work.

I also happen to think that our society puts an expiration date on how long a woman and others should think of herself as being "hot" it's as if once a woman becomes a certain age and becomes a mom, she no longer has the right to have her own identity or interests outside of taking care of a family. I take care of myself and dress how I want to rebel against that idea because I don't believe in that.

Yes, I'm a mom and I adore my kids, but I'm also still a vibrant woman who still feels and is fun and sexy. I'm not going to apologize for expressing that in the way I dress. As long as I've never been arrested for indecency, I don't see the problem.

If anyone else takes issue with it, that's their problem to work out, not mine.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:23 AM

706 posts, read 1,180,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I see nothing wrong with the length of your shorts and skirts. I wish I had beautiful legs to wear those.

Congrats on taking such good care of yourself!
Thanks geebabe

Old 10-21-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I work out 6 days out of the week...I'm a figure competitor and yes, I'm quite proud of the visible results of my work. So yes, I like wearing clothes that show off my hard work.

I also happen to think that our society puts an expiration date on how long a woman and others should think of herself as being "hot" it's as if once a woman becomes a certain age and becomes a mom, she no longer has the right to have her own identity or interests outside of taking care of a family. I take care of myself and dress how I want to rebel against that idea because I don't believe in that.

Yes, I'm a mom and I adore my kids, but I'm also still a vibrant woman who still feels and is fun and sexy. I'm not going to apologize for expressing that in the way I dress. As long as I've never been arrested for indecency, I don't see the problem.

If anyone else takes issue with it, that's their problem to work out, not mine.

You are correct about how society thinks of women. We are considered mature and fading after 30. old after 40 and invisible or dead after 50.

One term I really hate is MILF. Yet society seems to think it's perfectly acceptable.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Oh huh...and I also have several piercings and *gasp*....a tattoo...*clutches pearls and faints*
Dear Kitten01,
It sounds like you are a woman with confidence, a great sense of self and style, and a good sense of humor to top it off! Very cool!! Your husband and children are lucky to have you as part of their lives. The self proclaimed judges here sound very petty and extremely jealous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty