Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 05:19 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,280,712 times

Advertisements

And then there's those eyelashes that are so big they resemble the wings of an insect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2022, 09:52 AM

3,254 posts, read 1,740,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
idk, it gives them something to do when they're bored?

The woman in the pic got overzealous and shaved half of her hair off too.
That's no woman. That's a drag queen.

Old 06-04-2022, 10:19 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,576,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarlicht View Post
and they often draw them back on like this?

Attachment 113071

only askin
That's not a woman. I think that's a drag queen. S/he looks familiar.

I don't know any women, or know OF any women, who shave their eyebrows off. I think that was done by movie studios in the old days for a few movie stars, but maybe they just plucked them really skinny.

Old 06-04-2022, 10:24 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
That's Divine, who worked often with John Waters and starred in the original Hairspray film. She died in the late 80s. With extreme makeup like that, the eyebrows haven't been shaved off and drawn back on, they're covered by makeup.

Old 06-04-2022, 10:55 AM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I think that is hideous looking.

I never understood the concept of an eyebrow pencil either. I do get my eyebrows waxed, but I just get the strays and edges cleaned up and evened out and that's it. I like mine to look natural. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Women with eyebrows that are sparse use pencil to make them look more defined. Or to shape them slightly, as a subtle enhancement. Like anything, it can be overdone.

Old 06-04-2022, 10:59 AM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
That's not a woman. I think that's a drag queen. S/he looks familiar.

I don't know any women, or know OF any women, who shave their eyebrows off. I think that was done by movie studios in the old days for a few movie stars, but maybe they just plucked them really skinny.
I've seen young women around town who have no natural eyebrows, just the heavy tattooed-on ones. It's become popular in parts of the Southwest, IDK about the rest of the country. But these eyebrow "parlors" have proliferated, and it's pretty clear, that they do shave the customers' eyebrows off, and replace them with a thicker brow shape of their choice.

I'm wondering what's going to happen, when the fashion moved back to thin brows. They'll be stuck with an exaggerated form of Brooke Shields' brows. Who decided thick, long black brows were "in", anyway?

Old 06-04-2022, 11:36 AM

17,998 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
Nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy6454 View Post
Its really stupid because u look alien or sick but its for fashion, so they can draw any mood of the day... Im a heavy sweater so my mood would always be runny. Lol
After discovering the thread was bumped up by a one-hit-not-so-wonder, I'll be moving on.

Old 06-04-2022, 12:55 PM

17,352 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Plucking eyebrows is a pain and if you want your eyebrows to have a more accentuated angle then they naturally do I suppose you might shave your eyebrows and just draw on the eyebrow shape that you want.

As for me, I'm happy with the natural shape of my eyebrows and I'm lucky that I don't have to do that much in the way of plucking. I simply define them with eyebrow pencil.

Nancy Pelosi's eyebrows are a curiosity to me - the shape doesn't seem natural but what exactly is she doing to them?

Old 06-05-2022, 04:57 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,740,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That's Divine, who worked often with John Waters and starred in the original Hairspray film. She died in the late 80s. With extreme makeup like that, the eyebrows haven't been shaved off and drawn back on, they're covered by makeup.
I think that pic is from Pink Flamingos. Drag queens are pretty ugly but that's beyond ugly!

Anyone wanting to see nice sharp eyebrows need look no further than Bette Page.

Old 06-05-2022, 07:25 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,433,253 times
Once, when my then young teenaged son and I were in a Walmart he suddenly said "Whoa!.." I looked up and approaching us was a woman who had shaved off her eyebrows and drawn some way above the natural brow line. She might have thought it would make her look younger but instead it was a shocking appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty