Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 03:55 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,660,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How is 38-28-39 a size 4?? How is it even a size 6?
I was thinking the same thing.
My 39" hips wore a size 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I'm a size 4 at Ann Taylor and at places that run small I'm a size 6/28 like Guess.
The Guess size chart has you as a size 9.
https://shop.guess.com/en/customercare/SizeChart/

Old 06-04-2013, 03:56 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Oh yeah Ann Taylor runs huge. 38/28/29 is no size 4.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:38 PM

149 posts, read 256,783 times
I have an hour glass figure and I have learned to embrace it and make it work to my advantage

Old 06-04-2013, 04:40 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyDC10AA View Post
I have an hour glass figure and I have learned to embrace it and make it work to my advantage
Same here in Portugal. Women show what they got, so to speak. I guess it is typical of the Latin world, women try to appear as feminine as possible, not to hide it.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Oh yes, large bust in office attire is a whole 'nother story. What kind of outfits do you avoid on weekends? Or are you doing the yolo thing?

How do you dress with a 36H? I'm assuming you're an hourglass/fit. I feel like I wouldn't know what to wear. I can barely find stuff that "works" as a 32DDD.
I'm an hourglass, but I'm not fit..they are not one in the same.

Regardless, I wear a lot of cardigans over tunic tank tops. That's basically what I wear 90% of the time. I'm also really tall (6'1) so 99% of stuff simply doesn't fit me and I've just gotten used to it. Lots of jersey knit skirts and leggings with dresses over them. I also wear dresses at tshirts because they are usually long enough to be considered 'tunic' tshirts on me.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:19 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,722,503 times
I think the colors of your clothes can also come off differently. If you're wearing neon colors (and I'm not saying you are), of course people are going to look at you. On days when I want to cover-up without wearing what feels like a blanket, I just choose darker colors to hide my curves or at least not flaunt them.

Btw, you almost have Barbie's measurements

Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
I like the scarf or light weight thing over a tight shirt. I also aim for one inch cleavage max. but sometimes it is hard to control and a non-booby shirt turns into one

By low key make-up what do you mean?

I usually wear a neutral eye shadow, liner, mascara, and a natural blush. Clear or pink gloss.
Not really. Minimizer bras or full coverage with modesty lining and avoid pushups/demi/baconette. I agree avoiding loud colors can go a long way.

My low key makeup: Flaws concealed/powder, mascara, upper waterline lined only(with slight bit on the outside corner above the lid and blended out, just adds length to eye and thickens lash base), chapstick
It just looks shower fresh with thick lashes.

Glossy looks like too much, my lips and cheeks have a bit of color naturally. I only do blush anymore for pms face. LOL Sometimes a nude lip liner if my upper lip looks too pale. (my nude is a rosey pink mauve, not that flesh color thing.)

Old 06-04-2013, 10:55 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
My 39" hips wore a size 12.

The Guess size chart has you as a size 9.
https://shop.guess.com/en/customercare/SizeChart/
Yeah...I think going up a couple sizes would do some favors as well if that is your true measurements.
Just because you can pull it on doesn't make it the proper fit. You will have to find lines with smaller waists or take them in yourself perhaps.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:13 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,126,656 times
I think you are WAYYYY to self conscious about yourself (This is a theme with you) and need to learn to be comfortable with yourself and to hell with every one else.

My GF "Is an hourglass"... and dresses in what I guess I'll call 'Business flattering"

I like it, I like her, she likes that, looks professional, and to hell with everyone else.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:23 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I think you are WAYYYY to self conscious about yourself (This is a theme with you) and need to learn to be comfortable with yourself and to hell with every one else.

My GF "Is an hourglass"... and dresses in what I guess I'll call 'Business flattering"

I like it, I like her, she likes that, looks professional, and to hell with everyone else.
Mod cut: Rude.

You're wearing clothes that are too small for you. You think they fit, but that's only because you're looking for skin-tight clothing that you bust out of. Most reasonable civilized people aren't looking for that, and therefore their clothing isn't skin-tight, they don't bust out of them, and no one stares at them every time they leave their house.

If you're being stared at, then you are doing something that's drawing attention to you. If you don't want people staring at you like that, then go to Bloomingdales or Neiman Marcus, and tell their personal shopping service that you think you've been doing it wrong all these years, and give them cart blanche to remake your wardrobe however THEY see fit, without any input from you.

Then, you'll get some idea of how you -should- look, in order to appear attractive, feminine, and professional.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-06-2013 at 09:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.