Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 05:27 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I'm not understanding why anyone would care what they look like in a supermarket. Are you worried you won't look good for the grocery clerk? Do you want to make the cashier seeth with envy over your decoletage? And aren't you concerned that you'll slip in your stiletto pumps JUST as they announce they need a cleanup in aisle 3?.
It's a simple matter of self-respect, for those of us who were brought up in a different era. If I need to go to WalMart or the Supermarket, I shave and put on a button shirt tucked into long pants and shoes and socks. If any of my exes (wives, GFs, etc.) went, they would never go "as they are" working or lounging around the house. There are still plenty of people in the older demographic, who still believe that people out in public should take the trouble to pay each other respect. One dresses appropriately, without offending other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 05:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
I think it depends almost entirely on what you look like.

I can wear a plain vneck tshirt and jeans with flip flops and look like a ho because I'm very ample busted. My sister can wear the same outfit and look 'cute' because she doesn't have the same body I do.

She can also get away with wearing cute sun dresses and heels while I can't because it would be waaaaay too revealing. Most sun dresses show too much cleavage and too much leg. It's fine for a woman who is 5'4 to wear a mid thigh length dress...but a woman who is 6'1? No way. Same with a woman who is a 32B wearing something with a v-neck or something that is a little low cut as opposed to a woman who is a 36H, even if they are the same size everywhere else.

So...I think a lot more depends on body type than the actual clothing.

FWIW, I wore a Dr. Who shirt, jeans and chucks today. I dress like a 15 year old boy sometimes.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:52 PM

560 posts, read 1,549,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
.....Dressing in a mini skirt or summer dress isn't dressed nicely btw....

Absolutely right jerseygal! Mini skirts make people look SUPER cheap, including the long summer dresses. It is always good to dress classy and always leave something for the imagination, not 'sexy'. By the way, when I say 'mini' skirt, I mean anything above the knees. The knees should always be covered and that's what many call 'classy'.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:34 AM

31 posts, read 53,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Jealous of that body? Lol, when I see images like that I am grateful for my body I tried responding to her in her health thread nicely and polite at first but decided to just be truthful.

Don't ask if you don't want to hear the truth.
Lol ok Ms Cottage Cheese!

Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
It looks odd, but really it's her choice what to wear, I don't understand other people's obsession with that.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:43 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Wow, that's outrageous. Do you live somewhere really conservative where this is common? What city/state did this happen in?

This was in South Texas. Not exactly the 'Bible Belt' but every now and then I'll come across a religious nut who thinks I'm going to hell just because I'm wearing low-rise jeans and a shirt that shows a little bit of stomach.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:02 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
If I have to go to the store, I go in whatever I am wearing at the moment.
So whatever I wear to the store all depends on what I put on that morning.

So whether that be a tank top and shorts, leggings and a vneck shirt or jeans and a vneck.

A week or so ago I went into a local grocery store wearing soccer shorts and a tshirt but it was also like 2am and my boyfriend had jut gotten out of the ER for a tick bite that was causing him to feel sick. We needed a few things and I wanted to get him home ad wasn't about to go change and go back out as I was tired too.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Morris View Post
Lol ok Ms Cottage Cheese!

I rather be a 135 lb woman with toned legs, natural DDs, and sexy hips than havr a body only a mother could love (and maybe a few online weirdos because she bares all on CD).

I started ONE thread about how I noticed I had a little cellulite on my butt when I was twisting in a weird position and now in every thread I have participated in someone throws it in my face.

Stalkers anyone?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 AM

2,547 posts, read 4,229,741 times
Quote:
I rather be a 135 lb woman with toned legs, natural DDs, and sexy hips than havr a body only a mother could love (and maybe a few online weirdos because she bares all on CD).

I started ONE thread about how I noticed I had a little cellulite on my butt when I was twisting in a weird position and now in every thread I have participated in someone throws it in my face.

Stalkers anyone?
And it's okay for you to be throwing an entirely unrelated thread in my face because I said I don't like people dressing trashy?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:39 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
I go to the grocery store a lot right before I go out. Am I supposed to bring a change of clothes because I run into the grocery store for 5 hour energy or red bull or ice cream or something??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty