Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 06:05 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,055,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
To be fair there is a big difference between dressing 'nice', and overdressing or dressing trashy. No one needs to be out in pyjamas, but it's one thing to wear say, a nice sundress and wedge sandals to the store, versus a glittery low-cut clubbing dress and six-inch stilettos, unless you're just popping in on your way to the club. But I think we all agree that to put that on just to go to the store is silly. When you're talking about people dressing nicer in Europe, that's not generally what we're referring to.

I've seen the kind of girls the PP refers to, and it looks very sad when they manage to look both extremely overdressed and extremely cheap at the same time. You know what I'm referring to, the clubwear and glitter and heels and jewellery where the whole outfit came from Forever 21 and tends to be at least a size or two too small (nothing against Forever 21 btw, I have things from there myself, but it's all about what you choose). Really that's a style that doesn't look good anywhere, store or not.

Oh, I also get a kick from seeing these huge picnic birthdays at the parks, where you have these girls all dressed up in evening dresses and teetering on heels in the grass and sand - and then you see them in the evening dress and barefoot or in rubber flipflops - stylish Usually there are also a bunch of toddlers around with the girls in little versions of hoochie-wear and the three year old boys sporting gelled bleached spiked hairstyles, rapper jeans, and huge silver crosses around their necks. Oozing class

Yup, that's exactly how it is. Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 06:08 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,055,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macadamia Nuts View Post
I wear scrubs to work, but when I am at work we wear disposable gowns so blood and saliva doesn't touch my scrubs. So just because you see someone wearing scrubs, don't automatically think they're a nurse. A lot of receptionists and like other people wear scrubs, but their not dealing with patients. Yes I see patients everyday and I deal with blood and saliva, but like I said I wear a disposable gown.

and when I'm dealing with an isolation patient, I have a gloves on, an iso gown over my scrubs, and footies on...I don't their cooties anymore than they want their cooties. The bottom of my shoes are nastier than my scrubs anyday. I don't wear my work shoes in the house.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:36 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,919,728 times
I wore a maxi dress and wedges to the pharmacy. Must have over dressed again.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:58 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,916,708 times
Quote:
To be fair there is a big difference between dressing 'nice', and overdressing or dressing trashy. No one needs to be out in pyjamas, but it's one thing to wear say, a nice sundress and wedge sandals to the store, versus a glittery low-cut clubbing dress and six-inch stilettos, unless you're just popping in on your way to the club. But I think we all agree that to put that on just to go to the store is silly. When you're talking about people dressing nicer in Europe, that's not generally what we're referring to.

I've seen the kind of girls the PP refers to, and it looks very sad when they manage to look both extremely overdressed and extremely cheap at the same time. You know what I'm referring to, the clubwear and glitter and heels and jewellery where the whole outfit came from Forever 21 and tends to be at least a size or two too small (nothing against Forever 21 btw, I have things from there myself, but it's all about what you choose). Really that's a style that doesn't look good anywhere, store or not.

Oh, I also get a kick from seeing these huge picnic birthdays at the parks, where you have these girls all dressed up in evening dresses and teetering on heels in the grass and sand - and then you see them in the evening dress and barefoot or in rubber flipflops - stylish Usually there are also a bunch of toddlers around with the girls in little versions of hoochie-wear and the three year old boys sporting gelled bleached spiked hairstyles, rapper jeans, and huge silver crosses around their necks. Oozing class
So this is how all Latins are to you? Is posting pictures of your nearly naked body on city-data for strangers to tell you what is wrong with your body oozing class as well? I'm glad to know that talking about Hispanics in this manner is acceptable on city-data.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:04 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,233,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
So this is how all Latins are to you? Is posting pictures of your nearly naked body on city-data for strangers to tell you what is wrong with your body oozing class as well? I'm glad to know that talking about Hispanics in this manner is acceptable on city-data.
Sheesh, the PC police

Where did you see the word 'Latinos' or 'Hispanics' in my post?
I'm talking about women who dress in the way I described, no more no less. I've seen plenty of women from all ethnicities dressing this way, fwiw; trashy is not confined to a single race.
But yes, it is common along Latinos. And on Jersey Shore And among some Eastern Europeans - and I'm of EE descent if that makes you feel better. But all I am saying the style of dress is tasteless, has nothing to do with ethnicity or race whatsoever.

And what does bringing in an unrelated exercise and fitness advice thread has to do with fashion or style?? I didn't personally attack anyone in my response, why do you think you have the right to do it to me?

Old 05-05-2013, 03:50 PM

31 posts, read 53,950 times
Quote:
Sheesh, the PC police

I'm talking about women who dress in the way I described, no more no less. I've seen plenty of women from all ethnicities dressing this way, fwiw; trashy is not confined to a single race.
But yes, it is common along Latinos. And on Jersey Shore And among some Eastern Europeans - and I'm of EE descent if that makes you feel better. But all I am saying the style of dress is tasteless, has nothing to do with ethnicity or race whatsoever.

And what does bringing in an unrelated exercise and fitness advice thread has to do with fashion or style?? I didn't personally attack anyone in my response, why do you think you have the right to do it to me?
I know right I didn't see anything in your post that mentioned anything about Latinos. I think she's just jealous of your body because you you have a kid and don't have any cellulite and she does.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Sheesh, the PC police

You quoted and were replying to and agreeing with someone who was speaking about hispanics. Did you not read the whole post before you replied to it?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Morris View Post
I know right I didn't see anything in your post that mentioned anything about Latinos. I think she's just jealous of your body because you you have a kid and don't have any cellulite and she does.

Jealous of that body? Lol, when I see images like that I am grateful for my body I tried responding to her in her health thread nicely and polite at first but decided to just be truthful.

Don't ask if you don't want to hear the truth.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:56 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,233,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
You quoted and were replying to and agreeing with someone who was speaking about hispanics. Did you not read the whole post before you replied to it?
She said Latino girls in her area tend to over dress; you responded about people dressing well in other countries, and I responded that that there is a difference between dressing nice and dressing trashy, and elaborated on what type of style I consider to be trashy. Nowhere did I say all Latinos dress this way or anything negative about them aside from saying I dislike that particular style of dress. Jeez.

Why you had to jump up and turn this into a personal attack, I have no idea, it was completely uncalled for.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:05 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,748,937 times
Remember that some of the folks you see wearing scrubs may not have direct patient contact or provide nursing/medical care. The receptionist at my eye doctors office wears scrubs, as does the office manager at my vet's office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty