Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 01:58 PM

456 posts, read 1,171,887 times

Advertisements

I think if you can get away with not wearing makeup, you really should not wear it or at least take breaks and have phases where you don't for a few weeks at a time. It really destroys your skin over time and if you wear a lot of it, it's kindof deceitful I think. I know some girls that are 7's and 8's with makeup, but once they take it off are 5's. That's not really fair for the poor guy that goes for them lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 07:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,777,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
I think if you can get away with not wearing makeup, you really should not wear it or at least take breaks and have phases where you don't for a few weeks at a time. It really destroys your skin over time and if you wear a lot of it, it's kindof deceitful I think. I know some girls that are 7's and 8's with makeup, but once they take it off are 5's. That's not really fair for the poor guy that goes for them lol.
I think anybody that easily fooled probably has it coming. "Your nose is WAY BIGGER than it looked at Dave and Buster's last night! And your eyelashes aren't really that thick? NO FAIR! I never would have spoken to you if I realized you were not that pretty."

Old 03-06-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think anybody that easily fooled probably has it coming. "Your nose is WAY BIGGER than it looked at Dave and Buster's last night! And your eyelashes aren't really that thick? NO FAIR! I never would have spoken to you if I realized you were not that pretty."
You would be surprised. Some women really are magicians when it comes to makeup. And a lot guys are tragically bad at realizing how much a woman is wearing. I remember I had a friend that drew her eyebrows in and used a lot of mascara and liquid foundation that was a bit darker than her natural skin color. She came to school one day without putting on makeup, every guy was like WTF . She went from being one of the most gorgeous women they had ever seen to almost ordinary and they didn't see it coming whatsoever.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:40 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,209,249 times
I am fifty years old and have been blessed with good skin my entire life. Even so, I wear light makeup nearly every day. As we get older, we often have to deal with dark areas beneath our eyes, and a less even skin tone. And get this - it's STILL important to many women (myself included) to look attractive when they are forty, fifty, sixty and beyond. And my husband really appreciates my attention to my looks. And I appreciate HIS appreciation.

I think it's ridiculous for women to judge other women for wearing makeup - ESPECIALLY if they don't have to deal with some of the issues that other women are dealing with. For instance, take very thin eyebrows - why NOT make them look fuller? How is that "deceptive?" I doubt that the intention is to deceive - it's probably more likely that the woman simply wants to make her eyebrows look better.

I have good skin, but I much prefer that my skin tone be evened out, especially the dark circles under my eyes. There's nothing DECEPTIVE about correcting that unevenness with a light foundation - it simply makes me feel more attractive and more confident - the same feeling a woman gets when she puts on a shirt that she knows looks good on her.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:57 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,178,308 times
The fact is, many are ashamed to look human. Hence they have to cover up all their 'flaws.' Why not just wear a mask, if you want to hide the fact that you are mortal and you do age.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:06 AM

The reason it bothers me so much is that I have heard a lot of stories about girls (from guy friends)...the guy dates the girl for a while and never sees her without her makeup (she makes sure it never happens). Then weeks or months into the relationship, he accidentally sees her and it's like looking at a completely different person. That's not right! That's really not fair to the guy who has become emotionally attached to her at this point. What if she's really ugly without it? Most men need to feel aroused to get it up!

Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 AM

568 posts, read 964,133 times
I only wear makeup for work and special occasions. I am blessed with a husband who doesnt mind if we go out in public and I have on no makeup. Not saying that I never wear makeup when my husband takes me out, but if it is to Walmart or the grocery store welll meh....I do fix my hair neatly.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:10 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,373,940 times
I have not worn make up in years, no biggie to me.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:17 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,777,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
You would be surprised. Some women really are magicians when it comes to makeup. And a lot guys are tragically bad at realizing how much a woman is wearing. I remember I had a friend that drew her eyebrows in and used a lot of mascara and liquid foundation that was a bit darker than her natural skin color. She came to school one day without putting on makeup, every guy was like WTF . She went from being one of the most gorgeous women they had ever seen to almost ordinary and they didn't see it coming whatsoever.
Oh, we're talking about high school boys? Yeah, not the most aware bunch yet. Don't worry, you guys will learn what women actually look like as time goes on.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:30 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,178,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh, we're talking about high school boys? Yeah, not the most aware bunch yet. Don't worry, you guys will learn what women actually look like as time goes on.
Some men never learn though, unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty