Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:32 PM

1,092 posts, read 843,644 times

Advertisements

Only every day of my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 03:17 PM

836 posts, read 2,963,961 times
Of course, I hate when someone takes photos without warning and then post those photos of me in Facebook, in my wall!

The only time I can feel attractive is when I am in my ideal weight.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:53 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,446,807 times
every day. I havne't had much sun lately so I'm super pale and I look sick all the time. Haven't been able to afford that tanning bed lately. oh wells.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:59 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,300,282 times
If your looks are so important to you now, let us know how you feel when you hit your 80s. Think about saggy, baggy and wrinkled.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,780,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
Of course, I hate when someone takes photos without warning and then post those photos of me in Facebook, in my wall!

The only time I can feel attractive is when I am in my ideal weight.
I have to approve all tagging and picture posting on my FB. I just don't take a good picture so I'd prefer them not to be connected to me.

As for the OP, the only mirror I own is a small hand mirror I use to put on makeup every once in a while. I just don't like knowing what I look like because it doesn't make me happy, so I choose not to look. As long as my clothes are clean and fit well that's all that really matters.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 PM

577 posts, read 999,733 times
I believe we all feel that way sometimes. As I get older however i must admit the importance of it drops off a bit. We all have flaws, even the best looking people do. I do the best with what I've been given in this life. I believe personality and how you carry yourself go a long way. Do what you can to make your life enjoyable, and realize that many may find you attractive even if you don't necessarily feel that way right now. Perhaps just do something that will make you feel better about yourself. Go get your hair done at a top line salon, or get a massage and rejuvenate your body etc.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:15 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,377,279 times
Default Well...unattractive you say?

Just a perfect example here this evening. The doorbell rings, I ignore it because typically no one I know comes to visit me this late in the evening, and my daughter knocks on my bedroom door and asks me to come out into the LR; there are people here to see me. (???)

I am in my bed time clothes (not my pj's as it has been too cold recently and I then wear sweats to sleep in...PLUS I have on my Trapper's Hat that I wear to bed as well...NOT pretty at all!)

Imagine as I walk out into the living room, in my charcoal gray sweats and my hat on. Unattractive is not the word I would use to describe this look, but rather downright...scary and ugly! My next door neighbors along with their 7 & 8 year old sons are standing there with a box of chocolates as well as a dozen pink roses. An early Valentine's thank you for helping out here and there with the boys when they don't have school and their parents are both working.

Honestly, I'm okay with being a litle unattractive and somewhat eccentric now that I'm older because it's okay for me as I really do like who I am even if I am a little off in my wardrobe choices. As far as my looks go...yes, I used to be young and attractive and now I'm not, so?

It was very kind and thoughtful of them but yeah, I think the boys are afraid of women now!

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 02-13-2013, 08:48 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,915,646 times
mostly just during that time of the month when I'm retaining a lot of water and feeling bloated...

Spoiler

Last edited by Philosophizer; 02-13-2013 at 09:07 PM..

Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,671,808 times
Usually when Aunt Flo comes to town.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:48 AM

260 posts, read 340,179 times
I have been feeling this way much more lately. I am turning 50 next month and while I've always looked young for my age - it's now catching up to me. I was never a classic beauty but had somewhat of an appealing look to some. I also don't photgraph well. When I look in the mirror I not only see my mother but I see my grandmother. Where did these jowls come from seemingly overnight? I am losing my looks and it is hard for me. I guess at this point I should be grateful that I'm fairly healthy and alive. Sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty