Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:16 AM

853 posts, read 4,035,854 times

Advertisements

I am just wondering if people have any suggestions of good brands of jeans (not skinny jeans!) for a 13 to 14 year old boy?

He has been wearing the same brand and cut for several years now, not because he cares about brands, but because he hates to shop so he just sticks to what he likes. However, it looks like this cut (original bootcut Aeropastale) is not in stock even online, and he needs new pants, so it is time to move on!

My son has no patience for shopping and no idea what brands he would try, and he doesn't even really care that he needs new pants, so if anyone has a few good suggestions of brands that make non-skinny jeans or stores that might have good choices, that would be great.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 12:19 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,118,283 times
I'm old school. In my family 13-year-old don't shop -- their parents shop -- take them to get or buy new clothes. They may let the child pick out what he likes. but it's the parents who have the final say.

You can get jeans at ANY store on the planet. Is it really an issue that he has 'brand name" jeans? You want to Aeropostale money for jeans he'll grow out of?

My sister always liked JC Penneys brands and selections for all my nephews school clothes and jeans. Liked the quality for the money, and the durability. I can't think of the name of the in-house men and boy's line. And of course they sell several brands.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:52 PM

255 posts, read 463,992 times
Levis, Wrangler and here's a shocker...but they always fit me and were really comfortable...Dickey.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:01 PM

26 posts, read 60,764 times
Try American Eagle

Old 01-20-2013, 03:08 PM

853 posts, read 4,035,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I'm old school. In my family 13-year-old don't shop -- their parents shop -- take them to get or buy new clothes. They may let the child pick out what he likes. but it's the parents who have the final say.

You can get jeans at ANY store on the planet. Is it really an issue that he has 'brand name" jeans? You want to Aeropostale money for jeans he'll grow out of?

My sister always liked JC Penneys brands and selections for all my nephews school clothes and jeans. Liked the quality for the money, and the durability. I can't think of the name of the in-house men and boy's line. And of course they sell several brands.

Wow, even clothes cause a debate on this board!

My son does not tell me that he has to pick out his own jeans, although if he did I would be glad at this point. I tell him that he needs to come with me to the store since I have no idea what will fit him, or (gasp!) look good on him, and I don't want to have to return things.

We are not brand conscious, we (well, I), just want him to look nice, and the Aeropastale jeans were the first ones we found that looked good on him, so we stuck with them. Plus, they have great sales and I think the most I ever paid is $22 for a pair of jeans there, which is in line with JC Penny prices (yes, we have shopped there, often for summer clothes actually).

The only reason jeans are even a challenge is because so many of the styles are skinny jeans, and he does not like those, which is fine with me. Would you buy skinny jeans for your boy even if he did not like that style? 8th graders do have to deal with groups at school and I can't see forcing my son to wear what he doesn't like, especially since the only thing he is picky about is avoiding skinny jeans (and "emo" clothes) and other than that he doesn't care at all.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 AM

1,030 posts, read 4,275,702 times
A young dude may get caught up in brand names, because thats what kids in school do...

But my favorite brand of jeans are Levis... Levis 501s, 514s, 504s, 569s, etc.

Cant go wrong with a pair of Levis. I also own a couple pairs of GAP pants too, more specifically, their corduroys.

A lot of people hate on cords but I have a black pair from GAP and they are pretty sharp looking.

Theres also some skateboarding companies thats make good jeans, like Volcom and Bullhead.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:24 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
At that age my son was really into Mark Ecko jeans. They have looser and tighter styles to choose from.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 AM

836 posts, read 2,947,504 times
Aeropostale is a good brand and economical, I bought my jeans there and last on average two years! I can not say the same of levi's or ae.

I suggest you go to a store, not everything must be purchased online, in every mall there is a store of aeropostale.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 AM

1,030 posts, read 4,275,702 times
^ On the other hand im wearing a pair of Levis right now that are 5 years old. Theyre an old pair that I dont mind getting ruined so I can go out and work on my car today.

Aero, A&F, Hollister, and AE are all the same company.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:09 AM

836 posts, read 2,947,504 times
A&F, Hollister and AE yes, Aero is independent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty