Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 12:05 PM

270 posts, read 706,815 times

Advertisements

Levi's and Urban Outfitter are my favorite brands for jeans and cargo shorts, respectively. I'd never buy A&F or Hollister since they're overpriced. You can shop at Marshalls or TJ Maxx, or Ross for brand name clothes with a better deal. Buffalo by David Bitton is a good brand for jeans as well, but it can be pricey though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 01:45 PM

37,228 posts, read 42,569,988 times
Levi's.

My son is 22 and now shops for himself. He has gone to department stores and specialty shops and paid $$$ for jeans that he doesn't like as much as the ones I've been picking up for him on sale with coupons since he was in high school. He's still a 34/34, guys are so easy to dress, and it's just a matter of color and cut since Levi's makes all kinds.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:32 PM

2,317 posts, read 3,442,897 times
American Eagle on line has a guide of all their jean styles. American Eagle Mens Jean Guide | American Eagle Outfitters

Old 01-21-2013, 05:13 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,360,746 times
Levi's, Diesel.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:49 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,786,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
A young dude may get caught up in brand names, because thats what kids in school do...

But my favorite brand of jeans are Levis... Levis 501s, 514s, 504s, 569s, etc.

Cant go wrong with a pair of Levis. I also own a couple pairs of GAP pants too, more specifically, their corduroys.

A lot of people hate on cords but I have a black pair from GAP and they are pretty sharp looking.

Theres also some skateboarding companies thats make good jeans, like Volcom and Bullhead.

Why would people hate on cords?

My son is 15 and hates the skinny jeans thing. He has one pair of jeans, and I don't even know how many pairs of cords. Most of them are Levi, some other brands, but I thrift store shop for all his stuff. I know what size he needs and what cut he prefers and I just do that. I take a tape measure along to make sure the waist and length are right (he is tall and slim).

He has cords in olive green, light gray, dark gray, light blue, navy blue, orange, black, yellow, brown.. he is kind of known as the "corduroy guy" in school but he loves them, says they are 10 times more comfy to him than jeans. His are all a slim fit but not "skinny" fit at all and it works well on his string bean frame.

Anyway levi is a good bet for standard cuts.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,299,078 times
Well lets just say I 100% agree with your son. I only have maybe 3 pairs right now but ive had many in the past.

The Gap cords I have are fit and they are almost like a dress pant.

I only really get jokes from my family, my older brothers and even my mother. When they see me wearing them theyll be like, " Are those corduroys oh man I havent seen those since the 70s people still wear them?"

I guess it was a "bad fad" then???

Some of my friends seem to be on the fence with them. But some of them will spend $150+ on jeans that I think are soooooooo ugly.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:47 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,374,631 times
Quote:
^ On the other hand im wearing a pair of Levis right now that are 5 years old. Theyre an old pair that I dont mind getting ruined so I can go out and work on my car today.

Aero, A&F, Hollister, and AE are all the same company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
A&F, Hollister and AE yes, Aero is independent.
Only Abercrombie and Hollister are affiliated, the other two are separate companies.

As to the what I would buy for a 13 year old, first whatever fits the best, but I wouldn't buy expensive jeans for a kid that didn't take care of their stuff. So, first I would consider Levis and American Eagle. Not the Levis at the Levi store because they're more expensive than those at department stores.

After that, Gap. I don't think they're too expensive, but again, I don't know if I would pay $70 for jeans for a kid that gets them ripped and what not. Personally, I find Gap to be a great combination of quality and price.

I dislike Abercrombie, but if you want to go there, by all means do. If you're going to spend that much you might as well get true designer jeans that are going to last longer than those anyway.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:53 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,984,433 times
Levis. If the boy wants to be timelessly fashionable, while keeping his teenage cool and pretending he doesn't care (while he really does care), then he'll shrug nonchalantly at a pair of Levis, and "allow" you to buy them for him, and "tolerate" wearing them until the waistband starts to fray (which will occur in approximately 14 years).

A boy without a pair of Levis is like - a boy without a pair of Levis. Really mom. Just do it for your son. He'll thank you for it when he's 30.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,786,674 times
Quote:
A young dude may get caught up in brand names, because thats what kids in school do...

But my favorite brand of jeans are Levis... Levis 501s, 514s, 504s, 569s, etc.

Cant go wrong with a pair of Levis. I also own a couple pairs of GAP pants too, more specifically, their corduroys.

A lot of people hate on cords but I have a black pair from GAP and they are pretty sharp looking.

Theres also some skateboarding companies thats make good jeans, like Volcom and Bullhead.
Quote:
Well lets just say I 100% agree with your son. I only have maybe 3 pairs right now but ive had many in the past.

The Gap cords I have are fit and they are almost like a dress pant.

I only really get jokes from my family, my older brothers and even my mother. When they see me wearing them theyll be like, " Are those corduroys oh man I havent seen those since the 70s people still wear them?"

I guess it was a "bad fad" then???

Some of my friends seem to be on the fence with them. But some of them will spend $150+ on jeans that I think are soooooooo ugly.
Well I was born in the 70's. If you look back at my childhood photos, it seems like everything was made from corduroy, not just pants. I had dresses, jumpers, skirts, etc. I love it thought, it is soft and durable, warmer than denim but not too hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty