Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 PM

548 posts, read 891,555 times

Advertisements

I have tried countless times to dress girly girl with the dresses and stockings or skirts and nice blouses with nice shoes. Or the casual wear with tight jeans or pants with nice blouses or t-shirts with sneakers. But yet people keep asking or telling me I look like a man.

I wear make up, cut my hair in cute ways, etc. But yet this keeps happening. I don't know why but it just does.

Here's some photos of me, Single Women Glendale, CA - napy87
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,913,403 times
I can't tell about your body shape from the photos. Do you have slightly broader shoulders? The outfit you are wearing, isn't the best option for you for sure. It doesn't show off your shape at all.

We can give you all kinds of recos about "feminine" clothing, but it matters little if when you are wearing it, it doesn't feel like "you!"

Old 12-05-2012, 12:22 AM

548 posts, read 891,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I can't tell about your body shape from the photos. Do you have slightly broader shoulders? The outfit you are wearing, isn't the best option for you for sure. It doesn't show off your shape at all.

We can give you all kinds of recos about "feminine" clothing, but it matters little if when you are wearing it, it doesn't feel like "you!"
I don't think I do, but people say I do. And again I have worn the feminnie clothing and people STILL SAY IT.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:30 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,733,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
I have tried countless times to dress girly girl with the dresses and stockings or skirts and nice blouses with nice shoes. Or the casual wear with tight jeans or pants with nice blouses or t-shirts with sneakers. But yet people keep asking or telling me I look like a man.

I wear make up, cut my hair in cute ways, etc. But yet this keeps happening. I don't know why but it just does.

Get yourself some contacts or some trendy lighter colored frames you're in L.A. go to one of those Galleria stores and get fitted for another pair or some colored contacts. And..in the picture, you're still dressed kind of preppy or unisex. Slightly formfitting clothes in soft colors and fabrics are feminine, as is delicate jewelry and well manicured nails. When in doubt, hi thee hither to one of the mall stores like Nordstrom's and ask for some advice in the clothing department and the makeup department.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,329,079 times
I don't think you look like a man. But the outfit on the pictures makes you look older and is not very flattering.
Don't listen to people, they are just being mean. Be yourself! Maybe the girly girl clothes you are talking about are just not "you".

Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,296,816 times
Get the hair out of your eyes first, clothes that fit properly are the best way to no matter what your body shape. I don't mean "tight" clothing I mean a sweatshirt like you have on but maybe one or two sizes smaller so it isn't so baggy on your body. As far as the makeup goes either use just foundation and mascara or find someone who can teach you how to apply make up for you properly and I would use a darker lip color, a more earthy tone.

One more VERY IMPORTANT thing is to go to an actual "Bra Shop" and be fitted properly for a bra, you will be amazed what a properly sized bra that actually holds the twins like they should can do for your body and your self esteem.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,247,069 times
Are you really 25? You look much older, perhaps it's the way you're dressed in the picture. If you normally wear feminine clothes and make-up there's not much more you can do to look "girly". Some people are just mean and like to put others down, it's best to just ignore them (especially if they're trolls on the internet)

Old 12-05-2012, 10:21 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,816,470 times
Quote:

The pictures are of you in jeans in what looks to be a scene of setting up for xmas. Not a "girly girl" setting. You are dressed for working around the house.

How about some photos in a dress or something like you are going out for dinner?

Old 12-05-2012, 12:53 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,914,589 times
this might have something to do with it.

Quote:
I don't shower daily I shower once a week. Mom thinks I should shower every day if not every other day. I say why should I when I don't go out or do anything but hang in my room watching TV and being on the PC why the need to shower?

Old 12-05-2012, 01:00 PM

48,559 posts, read 34,927,283 times
I don't think you look manly. I'm not sure why you would such shapeless cloths for your pic? Between hair in your face and the glasses, plus the shapeless clothes can't really tell much about you at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty