Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 02:02 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,657,696 times

Advertisements

I do not do Wal-mart, Target, Kmart, Ross, TJ Maxx or Sears for clothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 02:09 PM

491 posts, read 1,434,548 times
i don't buy from any stores who don't sell clothes for under $20. I'm not spending more than that on anything...

Old 10-13-2007, 09:15 PM

329 posts, read 1,443,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
No Wal-Marts...

I like burlington coat factory! I'm surprsied no one has mentioned it yet!! (or is it just a regional thing?) they sell more than just COATS! who knew!
I am glad you mentioned Burlington. I can never find anything for myself because they have very little in Petites, but their prices are amazing. Their mens wear selection is huge, especailly for athletic wear and some of the young men's urban wear, like EchoUnltd. Machavelli, etc. Definately recommend checking it out, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I know I was.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:49 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,679,185 times
Burlington Coat Factory just got in a TON of BCBG. I got a BCBG suit for $45 ($20 for pants, $25 for blazer)

Old 10-15-2007, 03:12 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,302,332 times
Wal-Mart, Kmart, Sears, etc. I'm in a career change so my budget is very tight. I would rather shop Macy's clearance rack than any of those stores.

Also, Rainbow and Rave- crappy clothes! Stores like Wet Seal or Forever 21 have trendy clothes but at least they will last a while if taken care of properly.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:30 PM

800 posts, read 4,300,401 times
I refuse to buy clothes at Walmart...

I actually am not sure where to shop any more. I don't feel my style exists in many places or one store. I do mail order a lot of times because very few stores in my area (Metro Detroit) carry Ed Hardy, Lucky 13, etc.

I buy most of my t-shirts at concerts

I buy my jeans at Old Navy and they hold up just fine for many years actually

Old 10-15-2007, 05:53 PM

253 posts, read 1,107,601 times
I agree with not shopping at the marts. The marts are not for clothes shopping. You can get cheap household stuff there though.
I have never been to Walmart. I would never THINK to clothing from there. eww! My husband has bought stuff for my yorkies from there & also some lawn chairs.We have since sworn off from them learning about their horrible business practices.
I also would not buy clothes from JcPenneys or Sears. It is actually a shorter list for me to list who I do tend to buy from. I am a Nieman Marcus Junkie I also like my designer outlets. I also do a lot of shopping online mostly at Nieman Marcus & Saks 5 Ave sale items.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:20 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,944,731 times
**Gossip Alert**

F.Y.I- Rave went out of business due to uncontrolled amounts of shrinkage...Much of which was done by the employees. They closed several stores across the U.S. for the original intent of re-opening as LOLA. In fact, their website was 'under construction' for the longest time but then the plans fell through and nothing ever came of it. Interesting, huh?

Old 10-17-2007, 01:57 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,067,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
Walmart (Is there any explanation needed? That place is dirty and the workers are rude--gimme Target or Kohls anyday!)

JCPenny and Sears (back in the 90s yes, but now they have gone so down hill. They are both so understocked compared to other department stores and really don't carry many nice brands)

Abercrombie (When I was a freshman in high school it was all I would wear and I don't know what I was thinking! It's over priced for something that's really not all that cute)
Wow! Sorry that your Wally World is a "dump"...where I live, we have several WW stores and all are kept in very clean condition; employees are very friendly and helpful. As far as buying clothes there...I always buy my jeans at WW, same quality as anywhere else and much lower cost!

I will say in all fairness though, there are tops I've purchased at WW and have been very disappointed in the quality of workmanship and that after a few washings they were in very poor condition.

I like the clothes as JCP mainly because I can get a good fit and find good bargins.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:37 PM

5,169 posts, read 11,447,425 times
I would never EVER shop at Walmart. Their business practices stink... they scre* their employees and the list goes on. Thanks, but not thanks.

I do buy from some small businesses that sell on-line... items made in the US, by small companies from natural fibers. We used to have a great store near us before we moved with all organic natural fiber clothing, that was my favorite place to shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty