Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 01:42 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,379,660 times

Advertisements

Nothing from Walmart, K-mart, Sears, no marts at all
Shop, Lord & Taylor for wife while in Fla, like jeans in Bugle Boy, macy's is cool. Any place that carries USA made clothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 02:01 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,428,190 times
I don't shop at Walmart, I am not a fan of their business practices, not to mention the quality of their clothes isn't quite what I like.

Every once in a while I look in JC Penney but everything I find there is either too juniors or too old lady-frumpy looking. They are lacking a happy medium.

I used to like the Gap for jeans but have found ones that fit much better. Everytime I go in there it is so denim and khaki that I end up walking out empty handed every time.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:25 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,758,009 times
I do not care for Kohls, Marshalls, Target or Walmart. I like Chico's, Coldwater Creek and some online organic clothing lines, like DEVA Lifewear etc. Oh, B' Gauze is great.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:59 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,910,951 times
All the Marts, pretty much suck around here. Not to mention the sizes are not true-to-size.
And the quality at Mart stores are lacking.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:21 PM

329 posts, read 1,443,444 times
Target is the worst for me, followed by Kohl's. Wal-mart, I won't even go in based on moral grounds. I prefer quality clothing at discount prices..I love TJMAxx and Marshall's for that. I used to buy a lot for my daughter at Abercrombie, Holllister and American Eagle. I am thankful now that she works and buys most of her own clothing. It's funny now that it's HER money I see her coming in with Mandees and Joyce Leslie bags.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:13 PM

618 posts, read 1,611,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
Walmart (Is there any explanation needed? That place is dirty and the workers are rude--gimme Target or Kohls anyday!)

JCPenny and Sears (back in the 90s yes, but now they have gone so down hill. They are both so understocked compared to other department stores and really don't carry many nice brands)

Abercrombie (When I was a freshman in high school it was all I would wear and I don't know what I was thinking! It's over priced for something that's really not all that cute)
I don't wear anything from Abercrombie, Victoria's Secret, Hollister, Walmart, or Carsons. They all then to be either too much much or not great quality of clothes. ALso, I don't like the imagine some of these stores are convincing girls to display.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:25 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,943,633 times
I agree with the -marts. I've never found anything interesting in there. The clothing quality is cheap and much of it is shapeless. I have gone in there for workout clothes and they do a great job with that. I would disagree that Macy's is expensive- that's what the clearance rack is for! The clothes that I buy there is cheaper than what I can find in TJ Maxx, Marshalls or Ross. I shop with a strategy so I guess it does take some work to find great deals. We don't have seasons in Florida so it's easy for me to shop out the clearanced summer clothes (because I'll be wearing those year round anyway)!

Old 10-08-2007, 07:39 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,172,225 times
I buy most of my clothes at Dillard's, but then, I'm not so much into trendy, more classic. You get what you pay for.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:55 AM

27,364 posts, read 27,413,147 times
Its not a matter of 'refusing' to buy from, but the quality of the clothes is what matters. Walmart/Kmart seem to have the worst all the way around. Yeah, we know, you get what you pay for, lol. But I admit, those big name stores obviously dont need my business either, but quality is an issue....so Savers and amazon.com has yet to disappoint me!
My biggest issue, a lot of times, is finding things in my size, there have been times I've had to buy in the childrens sections.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,674,760 times
Old Navy
JC Penny
Sears
Walmart
Kohls
Talbots
Chico

I cannot fathom how someone would call Nordstrom boring. They have everything from classics to supertrendy designer items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty