Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 04:45 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,544,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
With your dark Italian blood I believe that you look younger than your peers, but I dont beleieve you are pushing 40 and can pass for 25. Every.time I have seen someone make that claim and follow it up with a picture, the claimant is clearly delusional.
And I'm sure you're right there and quick to tell them. To what end? Does it make you feel superior to put someone down or try to make them feel less happy with their looks? Talk about delusional! It's even worse than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 11:34 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,822,999 times
This is very frustrating. The subject of this thread seems pretty straightforward to me, "When did you start getting wrinkles/ lines?". Should have been a good thread. How did it turn into such a snarky, judgmental trainwreck?

And, no, I do not submit myself as a subject for ANYONE'S opinions or comments regarding my looks, how fat I must be, or how badly I've "hit the wall" at 42.

This has gone too far off track from the OP, so I'm stepping off my soapbox, and done following this thread.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,160,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
With your dark Italian blood I believe that you look younger than your peers, but I dont beleieve you are pushing 40 and can pass for 25. Every.time I have seen someone make that claim and follow it up with a picture, the claimant is clearly delusional.

No offense. But I don't personally care what you think. You can think I'm just like everyone else who makes that claim. Why do I get ID'ed every where I go? Why does "everyone" say you don't even look thirty. I live it. So your opinion means nothing to me. Do you think that black people, puerto ricans etc, are the only people who can actually look as young as they say? As far as I'm concerned, you don't believe anyone unless they are within the realm of "black". So your opinion to me is already skewed and it is you who I think are lieing. Your calling other people liars on pure speculation. You know what they say about assumptions. They make an "ass" out of you and me. So you can call me a liar (although, I'm sure you'll deny it) all you want. It is you who are calling everyone liars. I doubt you even look your age, black and all.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 10-18-2012 at 09:58 AM..

Old 10-18-2012, 10:26 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,411,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
No offense. But I don't personally care what you think. You can think I'm just like everyone else who makes that claim. Why do I get ID'ed every where I go? Why does "everyone" say you don't even look thirty. I live it. So your opinion means nothing to me. Do you think that black people, puerto ricans etc, are the only people who can actually look as young as they say? As far as I'm concerned, you don't believe anyone unless they are within the realm of "black". So your opinion to me is already skewed and it is you who I think are lieing. Your calling other people liars on pure speculation. You know what they say about assumptions. They make an "ass" out of you and me. So you can call me a liar (although, I'm sure you'll deny it) all you want. It is you who are calling everyone liars. I doubt you even look your age, black and all.
Hey Superman! It is nice to be told you look much younger, and it happens to me too. What I hate is on the rare occasion that I decide to have a drink, I can't because I never have my id with me. I don't bring it along because I never need my purse.

I tell them I swear I am the age I am and they tell me sorry, can't do it. Then my bf who doesn't drink orders one and I sip it. Terrible, I know. Then the manager comes over and brings us both seconds. Strange.

When I go out with my younger friend he gets mad at me because he has to end up drinking alone. Oh bother.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:06 AM

9,018 posts, read 13,869,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Yes. I am lying. LOL. No, not really!

I can only pray to be as happy and healthy as my aunt is at almost 70 years old! I may have wrinkles by then, but so be it! It is part of the aging process and it is what happens to all of us.

I did notice some lines the other day. Just near my eyes. When I smile. I gladly accept those lines. I gladly show them off when I smile throughout the day.

I look to the left at my bf who is 42. He has them as well. I look at him and he is smiling, and there are those lines.

Sexy. Thats what they are on him. Perfect.....for me. We are all unique individuals and I like that about people.

When I see an elderly woman sitting across from me and see her wrinkles and grey hair I look at her and I smile. I imagine she is someones mother and grandmother and has lived a long life. She probably has a wealth of knowledge in her being. I smile because grey hair and wrinkles to boot, she is a beautiful woman. She is not perfect, but she is beautiful.

This is how I view wrinkles and grey hair.

My mom told me,and I have heard this elsewhere,that the key to looking young with very few wrinles is too stay around the same weight.
She said if you remain 10 pounds of your weight your entire life,you face won't stretch as much.

Any truth to that?

I'm 30 now,and I want to lose some weight, but don't want the wrinles.
I wouldn't say wrinkles,but indentations where fat used to be.
I have a serious case of eye hollows,and the parenthesis seem to get deeper when I lose 20 more pounds.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:10 AM

9,018 posts, read 13,869,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
OP, the way I see it, using wrinkle cream now isn't going to hurt! You might as well delay the inevitable.
Which ones work besides sunscreen?

I read vaseline works,and since that's the cheapest thing around,I want to try it.
Any product reccomendations anyone?

Old 10-18-2012, 12:54 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,160,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
My mom told me,and I have heard this elsewhere,that the key to looking young with very few wrinles is too stay around the same weight.
She said if you remain 10 pounds of your weight your entire life,you face won't stretch as much.

Any truth to that?

I'm 30 now,and I want to lose some weight, but don't want the wrinles.
I wouldn't say wrinkles,but indentations where fat used to be.
I have a serious case of eye hollows,and the parenthesis seem to get deeper when I lose 20 more pounds.

There might be some truth to that. I have remained around the same weight since my senior year of highschool. Give or take a few pounds. Of course, I modeled two years after highschool and did for several years, til I hated it. I'm 6'1 and I rarely brake 170. So there might be some truth to it. I'm also vein as fk if you want to know the truth. I am big on staying in shape, brushing, flossing, keeping my skin clean. I've always been this way, it comes from my mothers side. They are all very vein too. Although, my family in general looks pretty young. My sister is 40, and barely looks 30. My mom is 64 and looks fiftiesh, acts fortiesh, but hey that's another story. Love you mom. There could be some truth to that. And to Pikantari, I forgot to mention which I remember you mentioning is that I don't smoke "cigarettes". I stopped weed years ago too. But no smoking from my part. My grandmother on my fathers side lived til 87 and hardly ever had any wrinkles. My grandmother from my mothers side smokes like a chimney and has as many wrinkles as a women can have. She's also very petite. But still smokes. It's her lifeline..lol

People believe though that a little weight in the face when you get older seems to make you look younger. I don't know how true that is. I have that rare type of body, (you already know my weight) where if I gain fife to seven pounds it goes to my gut and my face. Which is why I try to stay around the same weight. Once again, I'm vein as fk and I don't care.

But I guess some people belive that only blacks and puetro ricans age well. I agree blacks age the best for some reason. But that doesn't mean all white people age the same.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:16 PM

I also think stress plays a very big part in our aging process.. One's overall health needs to be considered.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:36 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,544,131 times
Lines, wrinkles, creases, crevices and all that stuff. Whatever I have I've earned. I've laughed a lot, smiled more, loved a lot, fought my battles, worried a bit, pondered many things and spent copious quantities of time outdoors in the sunshine and the wind, in high heat and frozen temperatures and the story of my life is probably written on my face. Oh well! It's who, where and what I have been and I am. That's all there is to it.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Lines, wrinkles, creases, crevices and all that stuff. Whatever I have I've earned. I've laughed a lot, smiled more, loved a lot, fought my battles, worried a bit, pondered many things and spent copious quantities of time outdoors in the sunshine and the wind, in high heat and frozen temperatures and the story of my life is probably written on my face. Oh well! It's who, where and what I have been and I am. That's all there is to it.
Lovely. That is actually how I feel about it, and life in general.

Very nice post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty