Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 02:43 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,618,516 times

Advertisements

I've had forehead lines since I was as teenager, because of my expressive face, raising my eyebrows a lot when I talk. I know women who botox, but why bother? My face is my face. All told, though, my skin's pretty youthful, mainly due to religiously protecting it from the sun (very pale, it's a must-do), and due to not being a smoker/avoiding smoking. The two most aging things to skin, other than genetics, are sun exposure and smoking. But there will be expression lines; for there not to be would be weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 02:54 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Lines, wrinkles, creases, crevices and all that stuff. Whatever I have I've earned. I've laughed a lot, smiled more, loved a lot, fought my battles, worried a bit, pondered many things and spent copious quantities of time outdoors in the sunshine and the wind, in high heat and frozen temperatures and the story of my life is probably written on my face. Oh well! It's who, where and what I have been and I am. That's all there is to it.
Yeah, like I've said in other posts. I lived outside in my youth (80's). And when I say lived, I mean lived. Gone from six in the morning home at 2 am. I had lenient parents. We would also set up tents, (two to three to each) and sneak off, because I had the most naive parents of all my friends. But I grew up doing all those things too. We didn't know how damaging the sun was back then. My friends father died a long time ago for sitting in the sun for hours on end. When we realized how bad the sun was, I started taking notice within the last ten or so years. I definately am outside alot, I just wear a hat if it's going to be long. I get hives for some reason for lotion. So I can't use lotion. The only thing that gives me hives. I also think many middle age people didn't sit in the house all day. We were outside which helped to keep my metabolism high. Plus the many years of sports. But kids today are huge. My sisters kid is only ten, and he almost weighs as much as me. But my sister is so protective of him, that my mom is afraid to say anything critical about him. Such is life. I do have some forehead creases. I think that's one thing nobody doesn't get. I heard that the amount of lines will tell a persons age, within reason. There might be some truth to it. But although I'm vein, I am caring less and less the older I get. I see people around my age and many look awful. They let their kids take a toll on them or something. Or perhaps they got married and let themselves go. Which I hear alot of people do. I have been with the same women for eight years now, and we're not married. I have two kids from another women and she has one kid from another man. But I'm sort of afraid if we get married, everything (sex, taking care of yourself, taking time for each other) gets taken for granted. Not to say I wouldn't marry her, but it's working for us now and it has been. Why ruin it if it's working.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:16 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,682,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And I'm sure you're right there and quick to tell them. To what end? Does it make you feel superior to put someone down or try to make them feel less happy with their looks? Talk about delusional! It's even worse than that.
Actually posting here gives me an orgasm.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
No offense. But I don't personally care what you think. You can think I'm just like everyone else who makes that claim. Why do I get ID'ed every where I go? Why does "everyone" say you don't even look thirty. I live it. So your opinion means nothing to me. Do you think that black people, puerto ricans etc, are the only people who can actually look as young as they say? As far as I'm concerned, you don't believe anyone unless they are within the realm of "black". So your opinion to me is already skewed and it is you who I think are lieing. Your calling other people liars on pure speculation. You know what they say about assumptions. They make an "ass" out of you and me. So you can call me a liar (although, I'm sure you'll deny it) all you want. It is you who are calling everyone liars. I doubt you even look your age, black and all.
Dude you just posted that you have a wrinkly forehead. Sorry but that isnt what a 25 y.o. looks like.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:16 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,501,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Actually posting here gives me an orgasm.
With your attitude it's probably your only option!

Old 10-20-2012, 11:18 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Dude you just posted that you have a wrinkly forehead. Sorry but that isnt what a 25 y.o. looks like.

Everyone gets forehead creases every decade. It is a proven thing with age. I don't think you know what the hel l you are talking about. That's how some people can truly get an idea about someones age. The only ones you wouldn't be able to tell is someone who had a facelift.

P.s. I'd love to show you my picture just to surprise you. Nobody and I mean nobody has ever said that I looked my age. I'm two years from forty and I look between 22 and possibly 27. I usually get around 25 as the average age people think I am.

I mean seriously, who the he ll are you to come on here and call everyone a liar? What do you think only black people age well. And I am certainly not saying all black people. A guy I was good friends with growing up looked forty at nineteen and he was black. So get off your highhorse. It's so high at this point, you might need a ladder.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:23 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,903,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Which ones work besides sunscreen?

I read vaseline works,and since that's the cheapest thing around,I want to try it.
Any product reccomendations anyone?
I've been using the Boots Protect and Renew Serum for the past couple of years. Seems to help, even with the pesky dark spots that show up. I still have big pores, but it helps with evenness as well as "youthful glow." You can buy it at Target. I used to use Garnier Skin Renew, but I like the boots better.

I don't use vaseline much. Trying to stop using petroleum, and I feel like I look shiny. Works fine for my mom. She hardly has any wrinkles and she's in her 60s.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Everyone gets forehead creases every decade. It is a proven thing with age. I don't think you know what the hel l you are talking about. That's how some people can truly get an idea about someones age. The only ones you wouldn't be able to tell is someone who had a facelift.

P.s. I'd love to show you my picture just to surprise you. Nobody and I mean nobody has ever said that I looked my age. I'm two years from forty and I look between 22 and possibly 27. I usually get around 25 as the average age people think I am.

I mean seriously, who the he ll are you to come on here and call everyone a liar? What do you think only black people age well. And I am certainly not saying all black people. A guy I was good friends with growing up looked forty at nineteen and he was black. So get off your highhorse. It's so high at this point, you might need a ladder.
"Everybody" doesnt get forehead wrinkles. Some do and some dont, and they are more prevelant the older you get. Why are you so desperate to be seen as a 25 year old? Dont you think it is time to grow up and face the fact that you arent a kid anymkre? Why is it such a grave sin to look like you are 37 if that is what you are? Do you suffer from some sort of age-based low self esteem?

Stop kidding yourselves, people. That is all I am saying.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:03 PM

For the record folks i do look great for my age, and people spoon feed me that "you.look 25" bs.too, but I am not delusional. I know that people are being nice to me. Trust me when you buy into that nonsense and repeat it, you most likely have people laughing at you behind your back. Black women do wrinkle way less, but that still doesnt make a person look 25 when she is 40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:03 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,322,792 times
When our oldest entered puberty!

Oy vey!
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty