Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 09:53 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well if the individual thinks that they are "better" than others solely because they are blonde then their attitude can be blamed on their "blondeness". And those with that type of attitude have a deeply engrained sense of entitlement and they come undone when someone who does not possess their physical attributes gets something/someone that they want. I have seen it and experienced it numerous times. It is very ugly to watch.
I have met plenty of these blonds. And of course plenty of normal ones. 2 of my high school best friends (not the entitled type) were blond and blue eyed.

But I guess on the flipside. One of my teachers in high school (he was snarky) thought me and one of my friends (mentioned above) and another girl were "ditzes." He would draw pictures on our tests calling us the blonds or the dizzies. 3 little stick figures. 2 with straight hair (the 2 were both blond) and a curly haired one to represent me (FYI I am black with black hair). It was kinda hilarious.

**he was being facetious, we were his best students by a landslide

There are definitely blond stereotypes, and growing up in the south, I met plenty of the entitled blondies. The blond girls were always considered "hot" even if they didn't have the faces to match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 10:10 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,943 times
Where I'm from, blondes are not rare at all so they get no special attention. I've mentioned before how my brother (who has natural black hair) gets compliments about his hair colour all the time because that is much more rare for a native Dutch person.

I used to have very blonde hair when I was younger but it became darker over time. Now it's sort of golden-brownish. I also have dark blue eyes with a yellow ring (literally) around my pupil :/ I would prefer a different hair colour (darker) and eye colour (lighter) but that's the way it is. I used to dye my hair but I can't be bothered anymore.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:19 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Actually, lately; in the past 15 years I have noticed change - from blond and blue to exotic. With a extreme interest in Italian and Latina women.

It seems that if a woman is not dark and exotic, she's not cover girl material.

I think it's all BS. There are beautiful woman of all colorings. Facial features make beauty - not pigment.

I have blond hair and green eyes BTW.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:21 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Where I'm from, blondes are not rare at all so they get no special attention. I've mentioned before how my brother (who has natural black hair) gets compliments about his hair colour all the time because that is much more rare for a native Dutch person.

I used to have very blonde hair when I was younger but it became darker over time. Now it's sort of golden-brownish. I also have dark blue eyes with a yellow ring (literally) around my pupil :/ I would prefer a different hair colour (darker) and eye colour (lighter) but that's the way it is. I used to dye my hair but I can't be bothered anymore.

Your eye color sounds beautiful and unusual!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:41 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Your eye color sounds beautiful and unusual!
It is quite unusual, I've never seen the yellow ring in combination with dark blue eyes. Usually it's with brighter blue eyes and the ring is more brownish, like this:

I still wish I had light blue, green or brown eyes though. Green eyes are amazing!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:56 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I don't believe this. I'm quoting you. I'm not sitting here watching this thread bake. But (deeply engrained) "entitlement" is the word. In the predominately white public HS near my house and my Catholic HS, who had the most "entitlement" issues? The blondes. Who were the better students? The brunettes. (I'd like to add there were MANY attractive brunettes at both schools). Stereotyping occurs because enough people make the same observation.
My comment was about those who have internalized the "I'm blonde and therefore superior" stuff...I was not referring to all or even most blondes. One of my best friends is blonde (I don't know if she's a natural blonde though) and she is the sweetest, most loving person ever. And a few of my best friends in college were blonde.

Have I had some negative experiences with some blondes in my lifetime? The answer is yes. But I would never make the assumption that ALL people with blonde hair are the same as the ones with whom I've had negative experiences. That is just silly.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:02 AM

141 posts, read 284,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I already addressed that issue. If it's natural, then I believe it's beautiful. When people go fake, then that's where I think it's sad, and sometimes tacky when it's obvious.
Have you ever worn any makeup? Do you wear lipstick? Your lip balm has a hue of pink? Anything like that?

If yes, step back. You are as fake as those who "go fake" in your words. In my words, that's just fashion. Ever heard of that?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Careful when you make that judgement. You'd be right most of the time, but even dark skinned people can have naturally blond hair.

Dark skinned people can also have light skin.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:22 AM

74 posts, read 122,587 times
You're right that blonde hair and blue eyes is considered the standard for women. Look at how many white female celebs (and even some non-white female celebs) dye their hair blonde.

My observations have shown that blond hair is not the standard for men. Look at all the blond guy villains in movies. Still, there are plenty of women who like it. My sister's boyfriend is blond, and she likes his hair quite a bit.

(I'm guessing the people in that picture are albinos.)

Old 08-16-2012, 10:23 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Dark skinned people can also have light skin.
Yeah but (and correct me if I'm wrong) that appears to be albinism which is genetic disorder that comes with a long list of health problems. The blond black kids were from the South Pacific where blond hair emerged as a natural variation.

It is interesting to see clearly how race is so much more than the color of your hair or skin. No one would mistake those people for caucasians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty