Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 04:52 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times

Advertisements

8635angelvalley how long ago was that? I've not done extensive research but I get the idea that at some point, maybe awhile ago, they started using a different incisions procedure etc. I have read that some people have problems with areas/pockets that gape or don't heal for awhile, nipple loss etc.
Did your Dr. discuss this at length? Also some people seem to be off a week or so others longer, is this connected to how much tissue is removed? I would be having a lot removed. Lots of other questions depending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 06:18 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,317,781 times
Yes, I had breast reduction surgery 2 years or so ago. Went from EEE to D, was hoping for a C. I am I was 58 at the time.

On the plus side, I would do it again. but sooner.

On the negative, I had post surgical complications and still have problems with the incisions. I had gaping wounds and drainage for a year. Necrosis. Doc went in and repaired the incisions and I am finally healing.

Those problems may be more related to my age at time of surgery and other medical conditions that developed right thereafter than the surgery or not - who knows. Still if someone who had the post surgical problems that I had and still is glad she had the surgery then the need was great to have it and the relief from having had it is great.

Still if you have it, I wish you luck and hope you do well. Pump up that B12

Old 04-12-2012, 02:05 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
Thanks for your experiences. I must say 2 years of problems is a little alarming. Being on my own I couldn't do that, I have to be able to drive, work etc. No one to help me with drainage and bandages.

Why did your Dr. wait so long to repair the incisions?

Wondering, if you didn't have the nipples moved, i.e. just forgoed having them reattached, would that decrease the likelihood of incision problems? There would be fewer stitches, maybe a shorter surgery.
I know it sounds weird but....I'm not particularly attached to mine (or my breasts anymore other than they sort of balance out my body because I'm pretty curvy). Not ever going to breast feed, they were never particularly sensitive, inverted nipples anyway....
I don't see the need to deal with them potentially unsuccessfully reattaching and falling off. Just bypass that part and go straight to tattoos.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:08 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
My wife had it done about 10 years ago or so. She wasn't overweight, just had humongous boobs. She was a DDD by 17 yrs old on a petite frame. It was destroying her upper back. They only got bigger as she got older. Anyway, in her mid twenties she had the reduction, and it really helped her. She was able to find clothes that fit, quit getting looked at like a freak, it helped her back, and she felt better about herself. So now, ten years later, she is still happy she had it done. She did gain one cup size back in the time since. She has an issue with some mild numbness with one nipple, but she still says she'd do it again if in the same situation.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
If I didn't get keloid scarring so bad, I would have done it years ago.

My best friend had hers reduced at the same time another friend was getting implants, which I found kind of funny. She went down from an F cup to a B cup and has never been happier. She had a very small, slender frame and her current bra size is a 28B.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:00 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Thanks for your experiences. I must say 2 years of problems is a little alarming. Being on my own I couldn't do that, I have to be able to drive, work etc. No one to help me with drainage and bandages.

Why did your Dr. wait so long to repair the incisions?

Wondering, if you didn't have the nipples moved, i.e. just forgoed having them reattached, would that decrease the likelihood of incision problems? There would be fewer stitches, maybe a shorter surgery.
I know it sounds weird but....I'm not particularly attached to mine (or my breasts anymore other than they sort of balance out my body because I'm pretty curvy). Not ever going to breast feed, they were never particularly sensitive, inverted nipples anyway....
I don't see the need to deal with them potentially unsuccessfully reattaching and falling off. Just bypass that part and go straight to tattoos.

It was 10 years ago. They don't generally detatch the nipple although they do stitch/or tape around them.The doctor can fix your nipple issues and may restore or majorly enhance your sensitivity- they just might be all you need if you get my drift.
My doctor removed 5 pounds of tissue. I don't look better but I feel much better. A little healing problem but it was due to the tape.I had a "touch up" a year later and it was no biggie.
They do them outpatient now I was in and out morning to lunch time. Recoup will take a couple weeks-you can't lift anything heavy or reach your arms all the way up.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:02 AM

730 posts, read 1,314,577 times
Had it done about 6 years ago, totally happy with results, surgery wasn't bad, i was back to work in about 3 days. have never ever regretted itl; eliminated much shoulder and back pain (and I'm not overweight). The "girls" simply exploded when I started menopause. Insurance covered everything.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:26 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,036,226 times
I went from a G cup to C cup with the surgery. I had an infection under my right breast that was pretty bad. My scars look hideous. I had to have it done though because I lost over 200 pounds and they were hanging down to my navel (deflated). Now they are "perky". The scars are a lot better than hanging boobs though.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:48 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
I had the surgery 7 or 8 years ago. I've never regretted it. The toughest part was the recovery. It took a solid month for me to feel normal again. Lots of scars and since my nipples had to be moved, there is very little feeling. I was pretty much on my own after the surgery, so I had to deal with the drainage tubes and recovery on my own. It was tough, but doable. I don't regret it one bit. My back felt so much better right away and clothes looked much better on me. I'm sure the procedure has improved since I had it done. Just talk to a few surgeons and then pick someone you feel comfortable with. Good luck!

Old 06-06-2012, 05:39 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,036,226 times
I didn't have drainage tubes with my boob job, but I did with my tummy tuck. The drainage tubes with my tummy tuck were a pain to deal with. Maybe she can ask about not having draining tubes with the boob job?

The reduction really didn't help that much with my back issues because I had the "G's" for so long it caused arthritis in my shoulders and upper back. I will have that permanent damage forever unfortunately. I just look and feel better without those large watermelon tubes hanging down to my belly button.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty