Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:59 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,264,256 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some advice? Im SERIOUSLY contemplating a reduction in the near future. Im a size D and growing, and my body frame is not that big (Im 5'10 and weigh 155). Every ounce I gain heads to the girls. I have tried my hardest to lose weight, but in reality Im not overweight, so Im not 100% motivated. I have bad back and neck problems and have the worst time finding clothes to fit me since my waist is small. I cant wear cute tops that require a strapless bra or even thick heavy straps..I have a decent figure and would like to be able to wear "fun" clothes. FYI Im 31 and married (hubby loves 'em, but doesnt understand my "clothing" issues. Can anyone offer me info on scarring or results, anyone in a similar situation??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 09:14 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
I've contemplated the option of reduction. I pretend to be 5'3, so my DD girls are a real pain.. and a pain to find shirts big enough for them and my little waist. I've talked to many women who say that the scarrage and recovery times are about the same as if you were getting them enlarged.

However, if your girls' growth are genetic.. they might grow back.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:35 AM

562 posts, read 2,403,969 times
I too used to have a D cup and a little waist. My figure was eye catching, but it was hard to look elegant and had size 8-10 hips, size 6 waist and size12 bust. My prom dress was a 12,for my bust, the rest all altered to fit. For personal reasons,I decided to breastfeed all my children (4 total). Even after 2 kids, my bust shrank to an elegant small C,I was even a true size 4-6 at one point . Fun!!! I don't wish to presume about your childbearing intentions, but if you plan on having children and haven't yet, it may be unnecessary to undergo surgery. Think of Jennifer Connelly (Beautiful Mind) who was once very buxom. She was on the cover of Vogue a few months ago,looking very sleek. She breastfed her son for a while ( i was between 1-2 years per child) and voila! Now I'm wishing for a small boost because my hubby prefers the full look !

Old 03-04-2008, 10:47 AM

I have twin 2yo girls and I don't think we'll be having any more.. Thanks though for your input.. I hate my figure or I should say my chest.. I get oogled all the time and feel that people dont' respect me. Im a professional and often feel I am targeted also, for my clothing. I NEVER dress inappropriately (im a school administrator) but feel I can't wear the same things as flat women simply because I have a large chest

Old 03-04-2008, 12:38 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,514,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
I get oogled all the time and feel that people dont' respect me. Im a professional and often feel I am targeted also, for my clothing. ... I can't wear the same things as flat women simply because I have a large chest
That's boobism! So wrong.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:13 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,206,681 times
Quote:
Can anyone give me some advice? Im SERIOUSLY contemplating a reduction in the near future. Im a size D and growing, and my body frame is not that big (Im 5'10 and weigh 155). Every ounce I gain heads to the girls. I have tried my hardest to lose weight, but in reality Im not overweight, so Im not 100% motivated. I have bad back and neck problems and have the worst time finding clothes to fit me since my waist is small. I cant wear cute tops that require a strapless bra or even thick heavy straps..I have a decent figure and would like to be able to wear "fun" clothes. FYI Im 31 and married (hubby loves 'em, but doesnt understand my "clothing" issues. Can anyone offer me info on scarring or results, anyone in a similar situation??
There are so many new techniques these days to have less scarring. I believe the anchor scar is the most widely used method when you want a reduction and a lift. They can do it around the nipple but you don't get the lift as much. I can't wait to have it done myself. No matter how thin you get and I am not thin anymore, you still feel heavy because of the boobs. I can't find any nice tops and am sick of looking for the size bras that I need not to mention the discomfort. You might be able to get the surgery covered by insurance if you find a doctor that can say it is medically necessary relating to back pain, neck pain, headaches, etc. As long as it isn't just for vanity, you might have a chance. Good luck and I understand.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:52 PM

562 posts, read 2,403,969 times
Good luck with your decision. I do feel that now that I am average, people notice the whole me instead of my bust or cleavage. In your field, I can see where it would make a difference especially. Just make sure you are doing it because that is how you really want to look. Sounds like you have a great figure and people could still be jealous (women) or inappropriate (men),so you may get singled out anyhow. It will be easier to buy clothes, just be sure any changes are for you.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:37 PM

342 posts, read 1,793,934 times
Quote:

I DM'd you.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabumom07 View Post
Good luck with your decision. I do feel that now that I am average, people notice the whole me instead of my bust or cleavage. In your field, I can see where it would make a difference especially. Just make sure you are doing it because that is how you really want to look. Sounds like you have a great figure and people could still be jealous (women) or inappropriate (men),so you may get singled out anyhow. It will be easier to buy clothes, just be sure any changes are for you.
Thanks for the kind words, Ive always been the "heavy" one in my family. Im the tallest at 5'10, even taller than my brothers. Im also the heaviest, my mom and my sister are both petite. Im not 100% unhappy with my weight, I could stand to lose 10 lbs, but who couldnt! My biggest problem is the fact that I appear heavier since I am soo top heavy. Not to mention, migraines, and back and neck pain, plus awful posture! GIVE ME A SMALL B PLEASE, I get angry when women say " Id love your chest".. They have no idea what we go through!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:03 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,377,367 times
I am in the same situation and they are growing - DD for now. My sister-in-law had a reducation a little over 10 years ago and ... yipes ... they grew back!! I didn't think this was possible until I read another post here.

And, yes, women envy us but they don't know the indentations in our shoulders (no possibility of going strapless), and other issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty