Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 05:52 PM

1,445 posts, read 4,610,015 times

Advertisements

OK. People shouldn't wear uggs in the summer. But during the winter, they just look like snow boots that are so commonly worn. What's wrong with warm boots when its 40 degrees and you do not need to walk in the snow?! They just look like warm nice looking boots when its cold outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 06:08 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,334,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
OK. People shouldn't wear uggs in the summer. But during the winter, they just look like snow boots that are so commonly worn. What's wrong with warm boots when its 40 degrees and you do not need to walk in the snow?! They just look like warm nice looking boots when its cold outside.
Exactly. I have VERY cold floors. When its 40 they are a bit colder. I live in my furry lined boots inside since my feet don't get cold. Outside, they are comfortable. I have lighter boots, but my feet get cold in them. And outside in the summer, walking across the 'grass' in my yard which has a few blades of grass and lots of other things, I tend to wear older boots since stickers can't hide in your pants that way.

I'm still wondering when something that looks 'practical' got defined as 'ugly'. I myself LIKE things which look practical. Some of the 'fashionable' boots you see sold look silly to me but I won't tell anyone they look 'ugly' (though to my thinking some are) if the wearer likes them.

We each have the right to wear what we find attractive without being told its ugly by someone who things something different is. We are not clones...

Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,481,909 times
I have a knock-off pair from Target (it has a rubber sole) that I wear around the house and on random errands sometimes. I've had them for 6 years and they are pretty ugly and worn out. I will wear them under pants (not over top of leggings since they are heinous). The sole of these have good traction too, so it's not flat like a regular Ugg. But boy they are worn out so bad. I might have to get a similar pair when I'm just farting around the house.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:35 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,745,809 times
Yeh..I could never pay the price they ask for uggs either. Mine look brand new because they never leave the house. lol. They are awesome house slipper. They have a ribbon that laces up the side and a fur rollover top/lining. They go to the knee though. Not short ones. The short ones make me think of those foam costumes people wear at amusement parks for some reason.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:38 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,802,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
But why would you wear something that looks like a snow boot when there isn't any snow? There are plenty of fashionable, warm, comfortable boots that won't cost you $200.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
But why would you wear something that looks like a snow boot when there isn't any snow? There are plenty of fashionable, warm, comfortable boots that won't cost you $200.
Like mine on clearance for 15$ ! lol

Old 02-06-2012, 02:03 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,802,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Like mine on clearance for 15$ ! lol
Hey, fake ones don't count! Though I am totally supportive of people wearing whatever they wish in the privacy of their own home.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Hey, fake ones don't count! Though I am totally supportive of people wearing whatever they wish in the privacy of their own home.
LOL...oh they are so funny looking. They make me laugh everytime I put them on. Good a reason as any to buy them. At first the fur tops scared the cats.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:06 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,088,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
In Southern California, near the coast, they've been a staple for 20 years. They're not going anywhere - at least not if you live here!
Same in Oregon. Though I have not lived here for 20 years, I know older women in their 40's and 50's and even one in her 60's who wear Ugg's and have told me they have worn them "forever - before Pamela Anderson made them trendy".

I see lots of older ladies in our town wearing the Uggs with long flowy skirts and like a blazer or jean jacket. They wear them differently than the college girls and teenie-boppers. The younger girls tend to wear them with those stupid VS sweats with the PINK on their ass. Or they wear them with too-short miniskirts which looks really confusing... are you cold so you're wearing your boots? Are you hot and that's why the microminiskirt? I don't know. It looks odd.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:49 AM

467 posts, read 667,371 times
Noooooooooooooo................................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty